Road To Hampden - The Scottish Cup 2017/18

shull

13 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Probably the worst tie possible.

We will almost certainly lose and we won’t make much money out it either. Oh and Aberdeen in January isn’t a great away day.

Oh well.

Probably.  Then again most people, myself included, thought we’d lose away at Dundee last season.

Personally , as we have ambitions for higher things I think its a great tie and one that will truly test Jack and the lads...

Look we are not going win the SC so a good performance can really spur us on.............

Lets just see what Dons turns up, If the Dons v Well then we will win...............

I am not scared , only team that can truly beat us is Celtic

19 minutes ago, TopCat said:

We will almost certainly lose and we won’t make much money out it either. Oh and Aberdeen in January isn’t a great away day.

Oh well.

Never gonna be an easy game, however i cant imaging many of us, including myself, who were up there midweek for the league cup game a few years ago actually thought we would beat them that night and look how that played out.

Never gonna be an easy game, however i cant imaging many of us, including myself, who were up there midweek for the league cup game a few years ago actually thought we would beat them that night and look how that played out.

I was there that night aswell, was a fantastic game and fantastic night. Best game of the cup run IMO. That was a far worse Aberdeen team and we were a far better team too.

Obviously not saying we can’t win, it’s clearly unlikely though. If I had listed the 62 possible ties before the draw this would have been 62nd in my order of preference.

That’s the cup though, got to go where the draw takes you.

34 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Oh well.

1959 we beat them in the final, the year we won the league cup we went up there and won. Certainly a tough game but its not mission impossible. My Aberdeen mate sent me a text reading - you will beat us. 

I don’t think this is the worst tie we could’ve got, someone like Ross County or St Johnstone away is worse, there should be over 10,000 at this so we should at least make some money out of it.

They’re certainly comparably bad but our chances against those two would be much higher IMO.

25 minutes ago, TopCat said:

I was there that night aswell, was a fantastic game and fantastic night. Best game of the cup run IMO. That was a far worse Aberdeen team and we were a far better team too.

Obviously not saying we can’t win, it’s clearly unlikely though. If I had listed the 62 possible ties before the draw this would have been 62nd in my order of preference.

That’s the cup though, got to go where the draw takes you.

Yup i agree with that fantastic night, (outwith the final) that was the best game of the run. Yeah i absolutely agree, there are lots of easier games we could have got, however if we want to win this competition we are gonna have to beat a few big teams. Last season (although we did eventually lose) we were less than the width of the crossbar from going 2-0 up at Parkhead against Celtic. On our day we can match anybody.

4 hours ago, TopCat said:

Oh well.

From a financial perspective it's probably one of the better ties but I agree with your sentiment. I doubt the bean counters will be too unhappy it certainly won't be a money loser like Saturday might well have been.