London Dump Uber

shull

Guest TPAFKATS
My reply to Fannybaws was justified and not hypocritical. 
Read the whole story and not what suits you. 
Somebody has continuous digs like that Snake deserves all he gets in return. 
The dude hasn't even crossed my mind in the past wee while. He entered the Topic to have an unwarranted go. 
And you can take your biased blinkers off and fecking beat it. :byebye

You keep on bringing up other stuff all of it irrelevant to my comment. You complain about people making nasty comments on the forum then you do it. That's hypocritical - background is irrelevant.

I'm not being biased in this

5 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

You keep on bringing up other stuff all of it irrelevant to my comment. You complain about people making nasty comments on the forum then you do it. That's hypocritical - background is irrelevant.

No wonder Dickson tans your sorry ass at every opportunity.

No very bright dude. :lol:

6 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

If everyone, like me, put him and his equally sad pal on ignore they could talk to one another to their wee hearts content. Site owner and mods seem to be happy to let them shit over almost every thread on here so the only option is not to be on here or put them on ignore. I'm enjoying the latter. You should try it :)

4 minutes ago, Mr Optimistic said:

If everyone, like me, put him and his equally sad pal on ignore they could talk to one another to their wee hearts content. Site owner and mods seem to be happy to let them shit over almost every thread on here so the only option is not to be on here or put them on ignore. I'm enjoying the latter. You should try it :)

Swivel on my pinkie, ya tedious twat.....................oh, sorry, me bad? :lol:

Another in your long line of moaning about other people............................did the "Get a Life" shop throw you oot? :byebye

6 minutes ago, Mr Optimistic said:

List all the Threads.

What about this one ?

Not looking optimistic for you.

STOP TELLING LIES

36 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

He's back viewing this thread...........................I sincerely worry about this guys state of mind, what possesses him.................apart from the obvious? :1eye

He'll be back boring us again in a few years.

Cannae wait.

He should really change his name.

Can't be bothered to count how many posts on this thread are on topic. Gonnae guess it's less than 10.

Uber started their London service. Lots of drivers left minicab companies and signed up. Uber then dropped their rates (and consequently, income to drivers) to close down competition. Drivers had to work much longer hours to make National Minimum Wage. Don't know about you, but I think National Minimum Wage (or, better still Living Wage), is a good thing. Long term, Uber will have such a dominant position that they'll be able to set fares at whatever rate they want. Do you think this will necessarily be reflected in the rate drivers get? More importantly, do you think the half a million punters who have signed a petition demanding TfL reverse their decision will be delighted to pay much more for their UberX? 

I believe companies will spring (back) up to provide a living for the 20-40k drivers who lose their jobs if Uber perishes.

Final question: When the law prohibited sending boys up chimneys, who thought 'That's awful - how am I going to keep my chimney clean?' Not every pre-existing situation can be supported with a clear conscience.

22 hours ago, Mr Optimistic said:

Aye good observations . Stay optomistic. .

12 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

Maybe the rest of your post has some validity but that bit makes no sense. National Minimum Wage is a rate per hour so the actual number of hours you work is irrelevant.

Uber drivers are self-employed but charge rates set by Uber. They have fixed overheads (car loan, insurance etc.) which must be covered before they start earning. So, if Uber reduce their fares, drivers will take longer to reach the point where they are effectively keeping the income themselves. In turn, it takes longer before their takings, averaged out over the number hours they work, equates to NMW. I should have expressed this as 'the equivalent of NMW'. Sorry.

11 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

Only thing your good for is weather forecasts.

In fact your not very good for that.

It's either raining (Paisley), pishing doon (Smokieland), Sunny (Tenerife) and that concludes your input.

PS is it leeky in leek 

Whereas you..............................:booty Stu. 

:lol:

PS What the feck do you want in the weather thread? :1eye

Edited by faraway saint

6 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

Only thing your good for is weather forecasts.

In fact your not very good for that.

It's either raining (Paisley), pishing doon (Smokieland), Sunny (Tenerife) and that concludes your input.

PS is it leeky in leek

Indeed buddie , it is amazing how the thrush twins think they are entertaining/popular. .

On 9/22/2017 at 8:24 PM, TopCat said:

What is going on here :lol:

As for the topic, the courts will surely throw out this ban. Bizarre intervention in the free market by big government.

It is a licensing matter, therefore it is a regulated market.  The courts will only be concerned if TFL have acted out of their remit or have applied their rules in an unfair or inconsistent manner.  taxi companies get licences and lose them all over the UK every year.

On 24/09/2017 at 3:35 AM, 26-59-87-13 said:

Can't be bothered to count how many posts on this thread are on topic. Gonnae guess it's less than 10.

Uber started their London service. Lots of drivers left minicab companies and signed up. Uber then dropped their rates (and consequently, income to drivers) to close down competition. Drivers had to work much longer hours to make National Minimum Wage. Don't know about you, but I think National Minimum Wage (or, better still Living Wage), is a good thing. Long term, Uber will have such a dominant position that they'll be able to set fares at whatever rate they want. Do you think this will necessarily be reflected in the rate drivers get? More importantly, do you think the half a million punters who have signed a petition demanding TfL reverse their decision will be delighted to pay much more for their UberX? 

I believe companies will spring (back) up to provide a living for the 20-40k drivers who lose their jobs if Uber perishes.

Final question: When the law prohibited sending boys up chimneys, who thought 'That's awful - how am I going to keep my chimney clean?' Not every pre-existing situation can be supported with a clear conscience.

Not sure it's helpful to compare Uber drivers to child chimney sweeps TBH.

If people don't like working as self employed they should go back into employment.

When you start thinking in terms of an hourly rate when you are self employed you are in the wrong game.