Darren Whyte Gone

shull

22 September 2017

Darren Whyte joins Forfar on emergency loan

SMFC Webteam

Saints News

Darren Whyte has joined League One side Forfar Athletic on an emergency loan. 

The 20 year-old will link up with the Angus side for 93 days to provide defensive cover. 

Whyte, a St Mirren Youth Academy graduate, has made four appearances for the Buddies first team - the latest of which came in the 3-0 win over Dundee United in the Ladbrokes Championship last month.

Everyone at St Mirren wishes Darren all the best in his loan spell. 

1 minute ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Dont know the rules but would be surprised if we were to get an emergency loan defender in when we have given a first team squad player out on emergency loan. 

You have a point , but if Hibs last season are anything to go by - there are no rules to the emergency loan .

Never really answered it though pellet. First choice is the clue. Unless we choose them 4 at a time they can't all be first choice. Glad to help pellet.

Well you're really just being childish now. We frequently play three CHs so I will rephrase my original statement to say that our three first choice CHs and first choice LB / backup CH (Eckersley) are all unavailable. Well done Slapsalmon. You got me there. I bow to your superior wisdom. Helmet. And PS yes we had Stelios / Eckersley on the left, Irvine / Smith on the right Vs Livi.

1 minute ago, paulsmfc said:

Well you're really just being childish now. We frequently play three CHs so I will rephrase my original statement to say that our three first choice CHs and first choice LB / backup CH (Eckersley) are all unavailable. Well done Slapsalmon. You got me there. I bow to your superior wisdom. Helmet. And PS yes we had Stelios / Eckersley on the left, Irvine / Smith on the right Vs Livi.

Glad to be of service pellet. I knew someone would have a use for that wisdom of mine. Glad it was you.

56 minutes ago, paulsmfc said:

Surely even with Whyte not away, we would still have grounds for an emergency loan given that 4 first choice centre backs are unavailable?

55 minutes ago, slapsalmon said:

How can the 4 of them be first choice ya pellet

54 minutes ago, paulsmfc said:

Well you can field 10 outfield players can't you? Do I really need to explain this? emoji57.png

49 minutes ago, slapsalmon said:

Do we usually play 4 centre halfs?

48 minutes ago, paulsmfc said:

I answered the question you asked, you helmet. In answer to your second question, no we don't.

44 minutes ago, slapsalmon said:

Never really answered it though pellet. First choice is the clue. Unless we choose them 4 at a time they can't all be first choice. Glad to help pellet.

39 minutes ago, paulsmfc said:

37 minutes ago, slapsalmon said:

Glad to be of service pellet. I knew someone would have a use for that wisdom of mine. Glad it was you.

f**king hell that escalated quickly, bloody entertaining though :lol:

5 minutes ago, farmer john said:

Cooper, Fulton, McCormack and McGregor.....wtf ws that all about? Aber didn't even get off the bench.

To be fair, McCormack had been playing regularly in midfield from the minute we signed Cooper. Dropping Aber was a strange one but I think we put 5 past Dundee at Dens the week before with that same starting line up?

With Scanlon, McDougall & McAvennie we still had some attacking force.....

9 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Good luck to Darren. Good player who isn't been given a chance. would rather have him at CB than Gary Irvine. But not to be we would rather have a Celtic reserve player than our own. what's the point of that.

Surely the point it that the manager picks who he thinks is the best player? :blink:

All this "our own" means next to feck all, it's the quality of the player, IMO. 

29 minutes ago, Warwick Hunt said:

To be fair, McCormack had been playing regularly in midfield from the minute we signed Cooper. Dropping Aber was a strange one but I think we put 5 past Dundee at Dens the week before with that same starting line up?

With Scanlon, McDougall & McAvennie we still had some attacking force.....

I suppose it was playing loanee McGregor, for no good reason, that bugged me most. Some attack  right enough, 3 of our best ever. I do remember McDougall and Logan missing chance after chance in the infamous phantom goal replay against Rangers a year before though!

But, all that is a discussion for another day!  is McCart a centre half?