Falkirk sack Houston

Julian Banjos

http://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/management-team-depart/

MANAGEMENT TEAM DEPART

Falkirk FC has come to a mutual agreement with Peter Houston, James McDonaugh and Alan Maybury that will see the football management team leave the club with immediate effect.

In the interim period, Technical Director, Alex Smith will take charge of the first team, assisted by senior players, Mark Kerr and Lee Miller and Academy Director, Michael McArdle.

The Board will take time to recruit the right management team to lead the club forward.

The Club wishes to thank Peter, James and Alan for the enormous amount of work they have put in to improving the football department at The Falkirk Stadium over the past three years.

Under their stewardship Falkirk FC has enjoyed some memorable occasions, including the 2015 Scottish Cup Final and two successive runners-up finishes in the Ladbrokes Championship.

Peter Houston, commented: “I’d like to thank all the players and the backroom staff for their undivided support through the last three and a bit years. I also have to mention the office staff and ground staff at the club for all their backing and the Board of Directors for their support.  We are disappointed with the start to the season and the board and I have come to a mutual agreement that to get the club moving again it is best that someone fresh is brought in. It has been a decent three or so years; there have been some real highlights, including reaching the Scottish Cup Final and finishing second, but we just fell short of the goals that we all hoped we could achieve. It wasn’t down to lack of effort and I’ve got to thank the players again for all they have put in.  I must also mention the supporters. It has been a wee bit rough recently, but through the last three years they have given great support to the club. The fans have been magnificent. Finally, I’d just like to wish the club the very best moving forward. I hope whoever comes in can give the club the success it deserves and that we have been striving for over the last number of years.”

Margaret Lang, Chair of Falkirk Football Club, said: “We are all extremely disappointed that we haven’t been able to progress forward this season and as a result we have come to a mutual agreement with Peter, James and Alan. I have nothing but admiration for the job all three have done for our club and wish them the very best in the next chapters of their careers. We will now work to recruit the best possible management team to get the club back to winning matches, climbing the Championship table and moving towards the Premiership.”

Edited by Julian Banjos

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

Sad to see this happen but it is very much a results business. Falkirk have been there or therabouts in the Championship Top Teams over the past few years. Best of luck Peter Houston.

Ive never been a fan of Houston , always found him to be one of these bitter little man types. That said, i think he has done a decent consistent job there,however , has he  taken Falkirk as far as his abilities will allow?   

Falkirk now have a dilemma , go for steady the ship type and build for next season or go for an up & coming young manager  ...... & build for next season !! Remind you of another team ?

53 minutes ago, uhura said:

On their fans forum, Falkirk fans are debating possible replacements and imagining Jack Ross is amongst the candidates. 

Hee hee. 

They also seem to think that they've got a squad that should be, and I quote, "scudding other teams in this league".

I think their squad is inadequate in a lot of positions.

12 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Ive never been a fan of Houston , always found him to be one of these bitter little man types. That said, i think he has done a decent consistent job there,however , has he  taken Falkirk as far as his abilities will allow?   

Falkirk now have a dilemma , go for steady the ship type and build for next season or go for an up & coming young manager  ...... & build for next season !! Remind you of another team ?

I don't know the man. My comments are based oh his performance there and at Dundee United. Next man in -  back to the future with John Hughes?

6 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Bit unfortunate for Falkirk that RC have sacked McIntyre, I'd imagine there'll be a degree of overlap in folk applying for both jobs and that the RC post will be filled first.

Here hoping so anyway as the longer it takes to get sorted the better for us IMO.

Probably find McIntyre won't be far away from the Falkirk job.

Guest TPAFKATS
Probably find McIntyre won't be far away from the Falkirk job.

Yeah, although Falkirk much keener to get him than he'll be to take it?

Assume he'll be getting paid by county for the rest if the season at least so he'll not need to jump straight into another job.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Big Jake said:

An excuse to hate them even more.

Signed over 60 players for Dungdee, paid off a considerable number before their contracts ended and spent a fortune in the process.

Publically admitted he didn't have a clue how to sort out Dungdee's woes.

What's not to like about his appointment? :thumbs2