Archibald

shull

Guest TPAFKATS
I was told by a club official we only got Victor because he wanted to learn English for his appointment as a fifa ambassador for the world cup in the US.

I remember reading that when he was with us. Must've been the record or Sunday mail

3 hours ago, windae cleaner said:

I wouldn't say Motherwell are far bigger than us

In fact when Lambert first broke through he was playing with better players than any at Motherwell

He got asked for a trail and their coach saw something in him in another position than the one he usually played

Far bigger than us really ? I would say Aberdeen are far bigger than us , Dundee United also , Hearts , Hibs maybe even Dunfermline they are pulling bigger crowds.  Motherwell are what i would love St Mirren to mirror and could. They  have a bigger crowd not by much ,  with the right team on the pitch and good PR we could match their crowds. We were down and out when Paul went to Motherwell if we were doing well in the SPL ask yourself would we have let Lambert go to Motherwell unless it was huge money offerd ? Doubt it. Im a realist not a dreamer you mate sound like a fan with low self esteem regarding the club. In  a way i understand that given our yoyo history which takes me back to mirror Motherwell.  But dont forget this a club who spent way more than they could afford so did we but not like tbem our players at least got thier wages.   

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

12 hours ago, rabuddies said:

I was told by a club official we only got Victor because he wanted to learn English for his appointment as a fifa ambassador for the world cup in the US.

10 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

I remember reading that when he was with us. Must've been the record or Sunday mail

On 27/09/2017 at 11:38 PM, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Victor played what? 20 games max for us?

He might have been a great player in his own right but he was wasted on us. The duds he had around him weren’t on his wavelength and he must have cost us a fortune. So I wouldn’t regard him as “the only good thing” at all. Complete and utter waste of money. 

Duds around him?  Other players in the squad that year included Kenny McDowall,  Gudmundur Torfason, Tom Black, Brian Martin, Thomas Stickroth, Paul Lambert, Peter Godfrey and George Shaw.  Were all of these duds?

Before Archibald joined Tottenham in 1980 after he had scored 29 goals in 76 games for Aberdeen.

When Steve Archibald was with Tottenham they played Liverpool in December 1980 in the league.

Bob Paisley told his liverpool team in the pre match dressing room talk,

"Keep your eye on Archibald.......................................................when he moves, follow him....................................................................it'll be halftime.

2 hours ago, smcc said:

Duds around him?  Other players in the squad that year included Kenny McDowall,  Gudmundur Torfason, Tom Black, Brian Martin, Thomas Stickroth, Paul Lambert, Peter Godfrey and George Shaw.  Were all of these duds?

Well we finished bottom of the league so I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

14 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Far bigger than us really ? I would say Aberdeen are far bigger than us , Dundee United also , Hearts , Hibs maybe even Dunfermline they are pulling bigger crowds.  Motherwell are what i would love St Mirren to mirror and could. They  have a bigger crowd not by much ,  with the right team on the pitch and good PR we could match their crowds. We were down and out when Paul went to Motherwell if we were doing well in the SPL ask yourself would we have let Lambert go to Motherwell unless it was huge money offerd ? Doubt it. Im a realist not a dreamer you mate sound like a fan with low self esteem regarding the club. In  a way i understand that given our yoyo history which takes me back to mirror Motherwell.  But dont forget this a club who spent way more than they could afford so did we but not like tbem our players at least got thier wages.   

You were the one who said Lambert went to a far bigger club

I pointed out it was Motherwell he went to

I don't get this low self esteem shite you are spouting on about

I know where our club are and should really be

Yes it really sticks in my craw how we have conducted ourselves over the years regarding debt by doing the right thing

While other clubs have got off scott free and lording over us in a higher division

2 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

You were the one who said Lambert went to a far bigger club

I pointed out it was Motherwell he went to

I don't get this low self esteem shite you are spouting on about

I know where our club are and should really be

Yes it really sticks in my craw how we have conducted ourselves over the years regarding debt by doing the right thing

While other clubs have got off scott free and lording over us in a higher division

Misunderstanding mate I apologise. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

On Friday, September 29, 2017 at 10:57 AM, E=Mc2 said:

Before Archibald joined Tottenham in 1980 after he had scored 29 goals in 76 games for Aberdeen.

When Steve Archibald was with Tottenham they played Liverpool in December 1980 in the league.

Bob Paisley told his liverpool team in the pre match dressing room talk,

"Keep your eye on Archibald.......................................................when he moves, follow him....................................................................it'll be halftime.

Fubulous 

On 9/29/2017 at 10:12 AM, smcc said:

It was a strange time. We had some great players and yet we were shite.