Clamping Down On Hooligans At Greenhill Road

shull

20 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

wonder if this goes for the bigot brothers when they visit. or is it just another stick for our power mad stewards to beat our supporters with. Don't mind the rules but they have to be for everyone

Thats a very good point .

Would hate to think our fans (even the ones who are a pain in the proverbial ) become easy targets whilst the ugly sisters get away with murder simply because it would be "too difficult to enforce "  I would hope the Stadium rules are applied fairly  to the whole Stadium .

18 hours ago, Soctty said:

I think a lot of people will vent their frustrations at the match - I know I have at times. However, there is a line which some cross. Some think it's an excuse to hurl abuse for 90 minutes in all directions - or even all at the one player. I don't get much of that as I've been in the Family Stand for the past 5 years, and as such I certainly don't swear. I will shout and bawl a bit when required, but the vast majority of what I shout is supportive of the team.

Hopefully this is enough to make those going over the score to tone it down and think of the others around them who don't want to hear their bile for a full 90 minutes.

As a footnote to my post, I will say that the singing section - with the drum as its heartbeat - has been a welcome boost to the atmosphere in the stadium, helped ably by a team performing well and winning games. I would hope this directive is not aimed at them.

I moved from the main stand to sit in the North Bank about half way through last season. I now stand in the singing section and, although there is some swearing and a lot of shouting, for the most part, it's positive and supportive of the team. In my opinion there's a HUGE difference between shouting "You're f**king pish Sammy" and "Come on tae f**k Sammy, you're better than that". Both criticism, but worlds apart in terms of attitude. I hear far less of the negative stuff in the singing section than I did sitting behind the home dugout. Some songs contain swearing and others have a go at other teams or players but it's mostly tongue in cheek and the energy is mostly positive, even when we're losing or not playing well.

Edited by Saint Garf

35 minutes ago, Saint Garf said:

I moved from the main stand to sit in the North Bank about half way through last season. I now stand in the singing section and, although there is some swearing and a lot of shouting, for the most part, it's positive and supportive of the team. In my opinion there's a HUGE difference between shouting "You're f**king pish Sammy" and "Come on tae f**k Sammy, you're better than that". Both criticism, but worlds apart in terms of attitude. I hear far less of the negative stuff in the singing section than I did sitting behind the home dugout. Some songs contain swearing and others have a go at other teams or players but it's mostly tongue in cheek and the energy is mostly positive, even when we're losing or not playing well.

Think this is a great point - if the stadium has a positive energy about it - it helps the team. If the stadium is full of negative shouts of "f**k SAKE CHEESY/SAMMY/IRVINE" etc - the bad energy takes over the stadium and the team play worse. Definitely a factor imo.

As for the club statement - was there really a need for it? It's already in the stewards job description to tell folk to stop shouting abuse. Why risk the positive atmosphere to "clamp down" on a really small minority of wankers. As usual, fingers get pointed at our singing section - but anyone that's stood with us during a game will tell you that it's all positive. Few swear words in the songs but if you're gonna start saying that's not allowed - the game is truly f**ked

59 minutes ago, Saint Garf said:

This is spot on. I would hate for the traditional humour and language to be driven out of the game, all people want is for those who choose to inflict their bile on those around them for 90 minutes to f#@% off... :wink:

As usual there are a few individuals in our support who go way over the top with constant swearing and abuse of our players.*

The statement, I'm sure, is aimed at these individuals.

IMO it means, "Here's your warning. If you don't heed it then you're out."

Works for me.

*I do not include the odd sweary song or frustrated outburst as OTT.

Has Gollum grassed us all up for the abuse he got? To be honest the club should of had no need to issue this statement if the stewards were dealing with the offenders. If it is fans that are complaining to the club then they should use the family stand or just not bother turning up.

6 minutes ago, IPFreely said:

Has Gollum grassed us all up for the abuse he got? To be honest the club should of had no need to issue this statement if the stewards were dealing with the offenders. If it is fans that are complaining to the club then they should use the family stand or just not bother turning up.

That's the way to help build our core support.

FFS! <_<

That's the way to help build our core support.
FFS! <_>

Well the support at home games has increased. This time last season we were lucky to get 2000+ in but this season its more like 3500+. To me it seems that a minority has complained and trying to spoil it for the majority. All i am saying is if that minority dont like then use the appropriate stand were swearing is not allowed and leave the rest of us to it.

1 minute ago, IPFreely said:

Well the support at home games has increased. This time last season we were lucky to get 2000+ in but this season its more like 3500+. To me it seems that a minority has complained and trying to spoil it for the majority. All i am saying is if that minority dont like then use the appropriate stand were swearing is not allowed and leave the rest of us to it.

I'm going to regret asking this but..................hasn't it crossed your mind that it could be even better if some nuggets knew how to behave? 

Oh, nice reversal on they should not bother turning up. 

16 minutes ago, IPFreely said:

Here, what the club are saying, not exactly what you seem to think. Doesn't mention "swearing" just numbskulls spoiling the game for the majority. 

Club News

As a Club we are of the opinion that every fan deserves the right to enjoy their football without listening to constant torrents of abuse being hurled at the players, officials and other supporters.

We appreciate that we all have our moments and our intention is not to punish every misdemeanour. However, there are people who spend the entire match shouting abuse and spoiling the enjoyment of those around them. 

The atmosphere created by our fans around the stadium on match days just now is exceptional and we want to continue and encourage that trend. 

We have made a decision to clamp down on people who behave in this unacceptable manner and over the next few matches we will be warning and, if necessary, removing the culprits. 

Your assistance in making this a redundant task would be much appreciated. 

I'm going to regret asking this but..................hasn't it crossed your mind that it could be even better if some nuggets knew how to behave? 
Oh, nice reversal on they should not bother turning up. 

It has crossed my mind. Do you honestly think the nuggets are going to change cause the club issued that statement? Do you ever see any stewards doing anything about it?

16 minutes ago, IPFreely said:

It has crossed my mind. Do you honestly think the nuggets are going to change cause the club issued that statement? Do you ever see any stewards doing anything about it?

I seen a Steward trying to calm down an abusive fan in the West Stand recently. 

Only for the fan to ignore him and other fans in that Section to abuse and ridicule the Steward. 

Big tough guys when there are a group of them and the Steward seemed to be Special Needs. 

I seen a Steward trying to calm down an abusive fan in the West Stand recently. 
Only for the fan to ignore him and other fans in that Section to abuse and ridicule the Steward. 
Big tough guys when there are a group of them and the Steward seemed to be Special Needs. 

Yup, we have our share of idiots that are an embarrassment, not only to fans in and around the area they sit........ but also to the club.

Over the top nanny state situation here, James Fowler will be getting the sack if the originator of this statement cares to sit behind the dugout, i sat there at the Irn Bru cup game against the Hearts weans - one of many comments from James "Are you fcucking deef, i told you to mark that cnut". Ban swearing - don't make me laugh, it's an excuse to single someone out and ban them, if you ban people due to offensive language then the whole singing section goes and almost everyone i know will be banned, grow up ya fannies.