Clamping Down On Hooligans At Greenhill Road

shull

12 minutes ago, buddiecat said:

Over the top nanny state situation here, James Fowler will be getting the sack if the originator of this statement cares to sit behind the dugout, i sat there at the Irn Bru cup game against the Hearts weans - one of many comments from James "Are you fcucking deef, i told you to mark that cnut". Ban swearing - don't make me laugh, it's an excuse to single someone out and ban them, if you ban people due to offensive language then the whole singing section goes and almost everyone i know will be banned, grow up ya fannies.

Where, exactly, does this mention swearing?

Best to read before opening your mouth. 

PS There you have it kids, don't drink and post. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

3 minutes ago, buddiecat said:

"using threatening, abusive or insulting words" i think swearing comes under that description ya fanny.

Try, and I know it'll be hard when your pished, reading the clubs statement and not cherry pick to suit your narrow view.

Away and sober up hunny. :lol:

Club News

As a Club we are of the opinion that every fan deserves the right to enjoy their football without listening to constant torrents of abuse being hurled at the players, officials and other supporters.

We appreciate that we all have our moments and our intention is not to punish every misdemeanour. However, there are people who spend the entire match shouting abuse and spoiling the enjoyment of those around them. 

The atmosphere created by our fans around the stadium on match days just now is exceptional and we want to continue and encourage that trend. 

We have made a decision to clamp down on people who behave in this unacceptable manner and over the next few matches we will be warning and, if necessary, removing the culprits. 

Your assistance in making this a redundant task would be much appreciated. 

I will welcome this clampdown when l see it. Stewards continually ignore the vile delivered by this small minority. Easy to spot and hear without any help form fans around them. How difficult is it to alert a police officer to the continuous abuse everyone can hear if they are not prepared to tackle it themselves

On ‎28‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 1:56 PM, faraway saint said:

I would agree it's not many in numbers,  shouldn't be hard to sort out IF the club really want to do something.  I feel it's all talk. 

5 minutes ago, the barrhead teacher said:

I will welcome this clampdown when l see it. Stewards continually ignore the vile delivered by this small minority. Easy to spot and hear without any help form fans around them. How difficult is it to alert a police officer to the continuous abuse everyone can hear if they are not prepared to tackle it themselves

Aye, I agree and pretty much said so earlier.

It'll tur out to be another PR exercise with little, or no, action. 

A good few years ago (in the old stadium family stand) we were playing Celtic. Artur Boruc in particular came under constant fire from one loud mouth idiot for the entire first half. At half time I made my point to Paisley’s finest from K Division on this individual’s behaviour. The response I received was “We’re not here for issues like that, that is the responsibility of the stewards in the first instance”
I was totally taken aback by that. When I then approached the head steward whom was in earshot of my conversation with the police. His response was “Boruc will be to the other end of the ground and probably won’t hear it”

It makes you wonder.

To make sure I'm not one of this small minority what would you deem as vile?

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Try, and I know it'll be hard when your pished, reading the clubs statement and not cherry pick to suit your narrow view.

Away and sober up hunny. :lol:

Club News

As a Club we are of the opinion that every fan deserves the right to enjoy their football without listening to constant torrents of abuse being hurled at the players, officials and other supporters.

We appreciate that we all have our moments and our intention is not to punish every misdemeanour. However, there are people who spend the entire match shouting abuse and spoiling the enjoyment of those around them. 

The atmosphere created by our fans around the stadium on match days just now is exceptional and we want to continue and encourage that trend. 

We have made a decision to clamp down on people who behave in this unacceptable manner and over the next few matches we will be warning and, if necessary, removing the culprits. 

Your assistance in making this a redundant task would be much appreciated. 

You missed the second part of the statement:, In the interest of fairness and balance ive posted it below.

The SPFL guidelines are as follows:

Under SPFL rules in respect of Ground Safety, Behaviour at Matches and Damage to Stadia, each club must ensure that its players, officials, supporters and any other persons connected with the club do not engage in unacceptable conduct at a stadium on the occasion of an official match.

Unacceptable conduct covers conduct that is violent and/or disorderly. This includes, but is not limited to: actual, attempted or threatened physical violence against a person or persons, intentional damage to property, using threatening, abusive or insulting words or conduct, displaying writing or any other things which is deemed threatening, abusive or insulting. 

The Club have a duty fulfil these rules or face sanctions from the SPFL such as a fine or points deduction. 

St Mirren F.C. accepts its responsibility under these rules and will not tolerate any form of unacceptable conduct as detailed above. Any supporter who engages in such activity will be liable for sanctions imposed by the Club which may include withdrawal of season tickets, exclusion from future matches involving the Club or, in the event of persistent offending, an application being made towards a football banning order. 

9 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

You missed the second part of the statement:, In the interest of fairness and balance ive posted it below.

The SPFL guidelines are as follows:

Under SPFL rules in respect of Ground Safety, Behaviour at Matches and Damage to Stadia, each club must ensure that its players, officials, supporters and any other persons connected with the club do not engage in unacceptable conduct at a stadium on the occasion of an official match.

Unacceptable conduct covers conduct that is violent and/or disorderly. This includes, but is not limited to: actual, attempted or threatened physical violence against a person or persons, intentional damage to property, using threatening, abusive or insulting words or conduct, displaying writing or any other things which is deemed threatening, abusive or insulting. 

The Club have a duty fulfil these rules or face sanctions from the SPFL such as a fine or points deduction. 

St Mirren F.C. accepts its responsibility under these rules and will not tolerate any form of unacceptable conduct as detailed above. Any supporter who engages in such activity will be liable for sanctions imposed by the Club which may include withdrawal of season tickets, exclusion from future matches involving the Club or, in the event of persistent offending, an application being made towards a football banning order. 

And your point is caller?

I deliberatly posted OUR clubs viewpoint.

People are, wrongly in my view, focusing on random swearing.

My view, and that of the club, this is to deter and reduce the abuse hurled at players, officials and other supporters, not foucsing on some "bad words" which is a smokescreen for unacceptable behaviour IMO. 

Edited by faraway saint

Just now, faraway saint said:

And your point is caller?

I deliberatly posted OUR clubs viewpoint.

People are, wrongly in my view, focusing on random swearing.

My view, and that of the club, this is to deter and reduce the abuse hurled at players, officials and other supporters, not foucsing on some "bad wrds" which is a smokescreen for unacceptable behaviour IMO. 

My point is simple & straightforward. You critiscised him for being selective in his quote yet you have done exactly the same. Just playing it fair .

Just now, faraway saint said:

Hardly the same as using 4 or 5 words. :wacko:

Nice attempt right enough. 

I've explained the bigger picture above. 

You can explain all you want , as i said, i was quoting the missing text in the interest of fairness....... to show the complete picture if you like ! 

Toshie would have been barred, as would most of Cairters Corner, the enclosure and the north bank. It really smacks of using a sledgehammer to crack a nut. Instead of hoping the support will do the work, why not make the stewards do what they are paid for?

good luck ejecting most of the visiting fans at a local derby for the aforementioned behaviour.

17 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

To me, this appears to be just a reminder so that people can't claim to not be aware of the rules if/when they are kicked out for being numpties.

Indeed, not as much a "swear and yer oot" rule, more a "act like an utter Neanderthal and yer oot" rule.

All designed, IMO, to continually remind people it's not the 70's anymore.

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Indeed, not as much a "swear and yer oot" rule, more a "act like an utter Neanderthal and yer oot" rule.

All designed, IMO, to continually remind people it's not the 70's anymore.

Tbh I don't understand why people would need a reminder. I go home and away and have witnessed very little , if any behaviour that would need reminding in such a statement as the club released. 

Just now, munoz said:

Tbh I don't understand why people would need a reminder. I go home and away and have witnessed very little , if any behaviour that would need reminding in such a statement as the club released. 

Just because you are comfortable with everything you see doesn't mean everyone is.

It's been well covered fairly recently and there are elements that behave in a way that is unacceptable to many.

It's a slow, but sure, process.

Think back 20/30/40 years ago and many of the things that were seen as "high jinks" then are not done, never mind seen as acceptable now.

22 hours ago, IPFreely said:

Well the support at home games has increased. This time last season we were lucky to get 2000+ in but this season its more like 3500+. To me it seems that a minority has complained and trying to spoil it for the majority. All i am saying is if that minority dont like then use the appropriate stand were swearing is not allowed and leave the rest of us to it.

''As a Club we are of the opinion that every fan deserves the right to enjoy their football without listening to constant torrents of abuse being hurled at the players, officials and other supporters. ''

I think the key meaning from the statement is the bit in bold. The Club are not meaning every sweary word that comes from the stand.

I sit in W3 and virtually no-one around me swears. However at the start of the season there were a couple of people in W4 that shouted a constant torrent of abuse at the top of their voice for 90 mins and I would be happy to support a ban on their behaviour. It would have been hell to sit near them at a match. It's the minority of numties that are spoiling it for the majority.

As has been said I think the Club are issuing a warning before they instruct Stewards to take complaints more seriously. And about time.

When they start throwing people out for shouting at a football match the game is a bogey!

if there are specific individuals indulging in abusive behaviour then why the f**k do the stewards not go tap them on the shoulder, "calm doon or yir oot"

at the irn bru cup games when 'The Club' decide to seat sweary/abusive away fans in the family stand its the decision makers that need feckin telling!

11 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

When they start throwing people out for shouting at a football match the game is a bogey!

if there are specific individuals indulging in abusive behaviour then why the f**k do the stewards not go tap them on the shoulder, "calm doon or yir oot"

at the irn bru cup games when 'The Club' decide to seat sweary/abusive away fans in the family stand its the decision makers that need feckin telling!

But that is not what they are saying.  'constant torrents of abuse' is quite different from 'shouting at a football match'.

I am supposing the Club are now issuing more specific instructions to stewards as up until now stewards generally ignore comments made by fans. For me this is only a good thing and I do not get why some supporters are up in arms about it. A female friend of mine is now taking her 12 year son to games. So glad she did not have to sit next to the people that were in W4 early on in the season as she would have stopped attending.

12 minutes ago, Sonny said:

But that is not what they are saying.  'constant torrents of abuse' is quite different from 'shouting at a football match'.

I am supposing the Club are now issuing more specific instructions to stewards as up until now stewards generally ignore comments made by fans. For me this is only a good thing and I do not get why some supporters are up in arms about it. A female friend of mine is now taking her 12 year son to games. So glad she did not have to sit next to the people that were in W4 early on in the season as she would have stopped attending.

My point is whybthe need for the 'big brother' type statement? There is a policy already in place, just get the stewards to carry it out.

if the Raith fans are in the family/main/west stand this weekend will they be ejected for swearing and abusive chanting..? I bet they arent, the club are shooting themselves in the foot with double standards in tolerating abusive behaviour by anyone.