Dumbarton v St Mirren 14th Oct

faraway saint

03 October 2017
Dumbarton tickets on sale tomorrow
 SMFC Webteam
 Away Day Information
Tickets for St Mirren’s trip to Dumbarton will go on sale tomorrow morning at 10am both online and at the Ticket Office.
A week on Saturday, St Mirren head across the Erskine Bridge to face Dumbarton in the Ladbrokes Championship. 
Due to the small allocation received tickets.....

So how many tickets do we get for this game? Anybody know?

Dumbarton: How many Saints supporters will be travelling?

SMFC: Erm... about 300 ish.

Dumbarton: But you recently took 1,500 away fans to Dunfermline?

SMFC: Aye, but they were not charging 22 quid a head for what is effectively a junior stadium. Hard lines.

Edited by Gordon Urquhart

Didn’t manage to get through on the phone & got no help at the ticket office!!

But then again, I didnae ring up or call doon :P

Now, like many, I will hopefully enjoy a wee periscope feed [emoji4] It’s brilliant that people goto the trouble of doing that [emoji4]

Don’t see us losing to Dumbarton at all this season

5 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

Didn’t manage to get through on the phone & got no help at the ticket office!!

But then again, I didnae ring up or call doon :P

Now, like many, I will hopefully enjoy a wee periscope feed emoji4.png It’s brilliant that people goto the trouble of doing that emoji4.png

Don’t see us losing to Dumbarton at all this season

I think the "Don't See"  is the crucial part of that post :whistle

Missed the last two games because of work but got my tickets for the YOUR RADIO 103FM stadium. Feck that's worse than PAISLEY 2021. Bring back BOGHEAD it was cheaper!

Mixed thoughts about this one. We were woeful there last season, even during the Great Escape run but in Jack we trust and hopefully they will come out fighting after bottling the IRN BRU tie. We have to keep pressure on Dundee UTD and stay ahead of them as long as possible. The tough fixtures  we all worried about at  the start of the season are about to repeat themselves. With Falkirk, Morton and Dundee UTD games looming we want 3 points. Anything less will be a body blow. We must learn to beat the wee teams so we can concentrate on staying ahead of the real challengers. 

So COYS  crack the rock and 3 points from its sons please.

This'll be a tough game, they have only lost once at home in the league this season, a 0-4 pumping by Dunfermline. 

A full strength, well a strong as we have fit, Saints team should have enough to win.

As ELS mentioned above, we have to be beating these teams if we have ambition to win this league, anything less could come back to haunt us later in the season.

10 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Can see this being a draw. Dreadful stadium. Dreadful pitch. and we always struggle here. And takes you an hour to get out the car park.

Are the Car Park Gates shut for an hour after the Match ? 

Does it really take an hour for all vehicles to exit the Car Park. 

If the Gates are opened it would only take a minute or even seconds for cars nearest the Exit tae exit. 

Not 60 minutes for all. 

The Stadium is fine and in a very picturesque area. 

14 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Can see this being a draw. Dreadful stadium. Dreadful pitch. and we always struggle here. And takes you an hour to get out the car park.

Picturesque surrounding scenery though.

27 minutes ago, munoz said:

Picturesque surrounding scenery though.

The stand should have been built facing the rock not with its back to it shame as that is a nice dramatic view. However now we are playing some neat football our eyes will be fixed to the playing field. Fully expect Dumbarton to play deep and counter. 

36 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

The stand should have been built facing the rock not with its back to it shame as that is a nice dramatic view. However now we are playing some neat football our eyes will be fixed to the playing field. Fully expect Dumbarton to play deep and counter. 

Agree , but in exactly the same position !

6 hours ago, faraway saint said:

This'll be a tough game, they have only lost once at home in the league this season, a 0-4 pumping by Dunfermline. 

A full strength, well a strong as we have fit, Saints team should have enough to win.

As ELS mentioned above, we have to be beating these teams if we have ambition to win this league, anything less could come back to haunt us later in the season.

Another tough away game. As stated before the Dunfermline game, we need to improve our away form if we want to be challenging for the title come the end of the season, and we need to end this Dumbarton hoodoo we've had since we got relegated.

Hopefully McGinn enjoyed his rest and comes back with batteries recharged, and Morgan enjoyed the change of scenery representing the U21s, and we can get into our groove quickly on Saturday. An early goal could make all the difference - providing it's for us...

Any chance of seeing any of our previously injured players make some sort of appearance I wonder?

1 hour ago, East Lothian Saint said:

We'll keep an eye out for you IOBS. Not sure if we're going for a pre-match pint in Dumbarton (we're meeting up in Glasgow) but if we are I'll give you a shout. 

Friday the 20th is the big open day. Most likely my last game for a while Malky. 

20 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Friday the 20th is the big open day. Most likely my last game for a while Malky. 

Well if your up for a blow out meet us in Glasgow. The 10.10 ferry will get you into central at 1245. Failing that we'll probably be in the Stags Head about 2.30pm for a very quick one.