Falkirk v St Mirren Championship 21/10/17

shull

18 hours ago, elvis said:

The main Stand from outside is a cracker. Compared to our box front. 

And you have an amazing view of the wilderness in front . Do you ever have anything nice , constructive or otherwise to say about our club.  Our stadium fits our needs both for playing and supporting with good facilities being improved on. 

12 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

And you have an amazing view of the wilderness in front . Do you ever have anything nice , constructive or otherwise to say about our club.  Our stadium fits our needs both for playing and supporting with good facilities being improved on. 

And our Manager and Team are magnificent. 

But, just for League Matches.  :)

18 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Shut up you f**king fanny. 

Edited by elvis

6 minutes ago, HSS said:

If Falkirk had a mirror image of their Main Stand at the empty bit they'd have one of the best stadiums in the Country.

Shame it'll never happen.

Wasnt their original plan to have another the same style as the two ends ?

I believe they have planning permission for one a lot smaller although i would suspect like most clubs lack of cash might be the reason for hold up .

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

As I recollect it the original plans for the stand were turned down because it was felt that a large stand backing on to Grangemouth would be in danger if the refinery blew up or went on fire. I thought that it would have protected the rest of the ground if there were an explosion!

Maybe, of course, I am imaginig things. :unsure:

Just now, smcc said:

As I recollect it the original plans for the stand were turned down because it was felt that a large stand backing on to Grangemouth would be in danger if the refinery blew up or went on fire. I thought that it would have protected the rest of the ground if there were an explosion!

Maybe, of course, I am imaginig things. :unsure:

You're correct mate,that side of the  ground is within the blast zone from Grangemouth.

10 hours ago, Hambud said:

I don't think it is owned by Falkirk FC is it?

Nope.

Operated and managed by Falkirk Community Stadium Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Falkirk Council, the Falkirk Stadium has become a focus for business people and the local community alike, as well as being the preferred local venue for a wide range of community and sporting events.

Most of the money for the original two stands came from the council while their third stand was funded by a local businessman. The bulk of the money from the sale of Brokenville went to pay off debts and to fund their first team in the immediate aftermath of the ground sale. B)

The lesson from Falkirk was one we never took.  it would have been better if we had built 2 decent stands with other facilities behind the goals than the design we opted for.  Apparently, wee Gus had a significant input into the concepts for stadium design and his preferrence was for 4 stands.

We have what we have, it's OK but could and should have been better for the same money