Falkirk v St Mirren Championship 21/10/17

shull

They have won one  league game in 9.. new manager same players...aye they will be up for it.. but the Saints are beginning to attack their 2nd quarter target points tally

I'd be disappointed if we do not go and take the 3 points.. and score a few goals..

If we get the 1st 2 their heads will go down.  Falkirk 1 v St. Mirren 4

Lead at the top not diminishing...perhaps even stretching

COYS

46 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Not confident about this one at all. Much like I felt before Dunfermline. I'd be comfortable getting out of Falkirk with a point in this one. 

How did you feel about Sons game and the fact we hadn't won there in 21 years?

There is a simple reason Falkirk 14 points behind us- they have offloaded a lot of talent and not replaced it

2-0 Saints

In all honesty think we will get pumped. Probably Someone sent off and at least one penalty  against us 3-0 Bairns finding it hard to see where our next win will come from. 

Thought I would try a Shull he never gets it right either. 

1 hour ago, elvis said:

In all honesty think we will get pumped. Probably Someone sent off and at least one penalty  against us 3-0 Bairns finding it hard to see where our next win will come from. 

Thought I would try a Shull he never gets it right either. 

You have been missed Elvis since 1977 to be precise :D

3 hours ago, DougJamie said:

How did you feel about Sons game and the fact we hadn't won there in 21 years?

There is a simple reason Falkirk 14 points behind us- they have offloaded a lot of talent and not replaced it

2-0 Saints

I felt confident because we're a full time side and they're a part time side. 

Falkirk are poor but they're also dangerous. As I said, I feel a point would be a decent return. 

Just now, djchapsticks said:

I felt confident because we're a full time side and they're a part time side. 

Falkirk are poor but they're also dangerous. As I said, I feel a point would be a decent return. 

Its a fair point, however remember last season we didn't beat either of them, this season its 2 wins 5-1..... fact is mate, we are a better side  

6 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Its a fair point, however remember last season we didn't beat either of them, this season its 2 wins 5-1..... fact is mate, we are a better side  

Oh I agree on your last point. 

As you know though, who is the better side isn't always the be all and end all. 

I hope I'm  wrong and we skelp them but right now, a point wouldn't be anything approaching a poor result. 

Just now, djchapsticks said:

Oh I agree on your last point. 

As you know though, who is the better side isn't always the be all and end all. 

I hope I'm  wrong and we skelp them but right now, a point wouldn't be anything approaching a poor result. 

Not at all, every point is good..... We hit the really tough 21 point target, and I would imagine away with Caley, Bairns, Utd and QOS away in the next run of 9 that target will be more like 15, so yes a point will be great- we play well we can easily win this, but hey like you i said that against Pars

11 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

Insult was the wrong word, although you know yourself you were part of a pack hounding an individual, a family member of mine and i felt fully justified in taking issue with it.

However, despite the fact that you, along with a few others, deserved a strong response.  I would consider that mine's was too strong and I apologise  for the content, even if the sentiment that prompted me to write that post remains as strong as it was.   Being honest, I see too much bullying on this forum by people who think it is fun to incessantly bait others in the hope of getting a point and laugh reaction from them and I usually rail against it, on this occassion, you dragged my family name into the mix and that is what prompted me to respond in that manner.

I would now invite you and your associates to reciprocate and apologise to Lord Pityme for the constant baiting and playing the man.  You don't have to like what he says and I have disagreed with some of it myself, but the constant baiting and ridiculing is distasteful.

Thanks for the apology :)

Interesting to note that LPM came back with his interpretation before I had the chance to get back on the site and reply.aq

i don't think I have baited anyone but in the spirit of trying to be Buddies , if I have offended anyone , yourself & LPm included I will apologise . 

Couple of very minor points I would like to come back on though.

1. I never dragged your family name into it, LPM offered that himself( check other posts )  and I made a ( not very good  ) pun. The day I stop with my terrible puns it's time for me to roll over and bugger off. Feel free to check 90% of my posts to find them ! 

2. I speak for me , I have no associates on here , if I see something I disagree with I will say so , perhaps I should adopt the skim & ignore policy a bit more but the others you allude to don't speak for me nor me them .

3. By responding to me in the first instance in the appalling way you did, you became  one of the bullies you refer to. 

4. Water under the bridge now , Let's hope for 3 points on Saturday. 

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

Thanks for the apology [emoji4]
Interesting to note that LPM came back with his interpretation before I had the chance to get back on the site and reply.
i don't think I have baited anyone but in the spirit of trying to be Buddies , if I have offended anyone , yourself & LPm included I will apologise . 
Couple of very minor points I would like to come back on though.
1. I never dragged your family name into it, LPM offered that himself( check the previous posts )  and I made a ( not very good  ) pun. The day I stop with my terrible puns it's time for me to roll over and bugger off. Feel free to check 90% of my posts to find them ! 
2. I speak for me , I have no associates on here , if I see something I disagree with I will say so , perhaps I should adopt the skim & ignore policy a bit more but the others you allude to don't speak for me nor me them .
3. By responding to me in the first instance in the appalling way you did, you became  one of the bullies you refer to. 
4. Water under the bridge now , Let's hope for 3 points on Saturday. 

Point 4 ;

Dare you to say ‘For the BLACK and white stripes’ :P

Falkirk 1-2 Saints

7 minutes ago, DumboBud said:

It must be about our turn to have Willie Collum or Craig Thomson again. 

7 minutes ago, DumboBud said:

It must be about our turn to have Willie Collum or Craig Thomson again. 

Don Robertson for our game.

Collum has the Dundee United v ICT game and Thomson has the Aberdeen v Green bigot game.

Listening to Paul Hartley it sounds that he has started building from the back. 3 clean sheets and now thinking about trying to score goals. Hopefully that will open them up a bit leaving Smith, Morgan, Riley and Co. to tear them apart. A lot of talk about getting the 3 points in what for them is a massive game. Hopefully we now have the mentality that every game for us now is a colossal game. 3 points would be a monumental achievement for us. I always considered Falkirk as one of the main challengers for the league despite their poor start so COYS lets put them to the sword this week and lay down our own marker that we mean business.

Usual plan this week. Meeting some Buds at 'Behind the wall' (upstairs) hopefully secure tickets for their bus. Few beers topped of with 3 points. Perfect. Might need to dig out the woolly hat for this one. Winter is Coming. Hopefully we'll be all over Falkirk like a Blizzard

Edited by East Lothian Saint
winter