Falkirk v St Mirren Championship 21/10/17

shull

Yeah but 4 on target and no goals scored.. would prefer these a bit higher - 1o shots off target are no use

I’m pretty sure it’s an issue/concern that’s not gone unnoticed by JR. though I wasn’t at the game and only keeping updated on here I can only go by the posts.
Still, difficult fixture and I believe that’s 4 clean sheets for Falkirk since Hartley took over.
Maybe he’s trying to get them tight at the back and gaining points which will give them confidence as the games go on. Turning defeats into draws and draws into wins?

Still. Happy with a point.

28 minutes ago, HSS said:

I'd have taken a draw before the game so I'm happy.2 tough away games,4 points taken and no goals lost.Keep this up Saints and we'll not be far away at the end of the season.

Sensible post from a hired driver for a change :rolleyes:  Win at home games and take a point at away games will likely win us the league  :)

Also special mention to Cammy Smith...bit of an unsung hero at times for us but the boy is superb...a little terrier and he can play a bit too. Can't believe Aberdeen let him go and that we have him for 3 years!!

Yup. Thought he was excellent today. His work rate is mentioned on a regular basis on the forum and it was the same today. He never gives up, wins a lot of ball, as well as beating players and being an attacking threat. Was gutted for him (and us) that he didn't get his goal at the death, but a draw was a fair result today. Cammy would be a huge asset to any team in this league, so we should be delighted to have him.

1 hour ago, st jock said:

0.0. Decent. Falkirk on a wee run at the moment so to me it's what I expected. Good wee run out for magennis. Still top of the league so have to be happy. Let's put the soapdodgers to the sword next week.

Indeed, that is a big result for the bairns to get against the big side from Paisley, who are current league leaders. Not a bad result for us though. .

We are still going to win the league. .

Not our best performance today so happy enough with the point. Would maybe bring Stellios back into the starting lineup next week as I thought we missed a player who can pass it out of defence . That said, I thought Baird had a good game . 

Can't really complain. That was probably the poorest our midfield have played all season. Defence was solid and Smith was his usual great self but the other five had an off day. However Falkirk were up for it and although they had the majority of chances Sammy hardly had a save to make as they ballooned them out the ground. Shows how far we have come when we consider a point at Falkirk with some disappointment.

Good to see Kyle back but was surprised he started however another 60 mins under his belt.

38 minutes ago, munoz said:

Not our best performance today so happy enough with the point. Would maybe bring Stellios back into the starting lineup next week as I thought we missed a player who can pass it out of defence . That said, I thought Baird had a good game . 

I would have had Stelios on for Magennis to bring some bite and drive into a poor midfield. And Stelios plays the ball on the deck which suits Smith, Reilly and Morgan. These long aimless long punts to the front players were just useless today.

Edited by Sonny