Liverpool

17 minutes ago, melmac said:

THE PHILHARMONIC DINING ROOMS ARE REALLY NICE FOR A GIN.

Have never liked Gin however was in Glasgow with the daughter who orderd a gin and tonic the gin came with green and red chillies floating in it. Curious i tried a sip then ordered one for myself very nice called Maker Gin brewed in Glasgow. 

Yep been in the Phil afew times and think the toilets are listed so cannot be changed so people walk in and take a look , abit disconcerting when you are taking a leak.

Forgot to mention you can go up St.Johns Beacon too which is the big tower thing in the middle of town, great views if its clear

On 9 October 2017 at 5:19 PM, East Lothian Saint said:

This is probably the only major City in the UK I haven't been to but in light of positive reports from recent visitors I'm heading  down there with my good lady for a couple of days to check it out. Anyone been there. Any suggestions what to do there apart from the Beatles and the Docks. 

Ok ELS

Ive lived in Liverpool and the surrounding areas since 1988

what do you want to know?

consider me the black and white army equivalent of Trip Advisor city expert!

where will you be based

what are you looking to do

will you be looking to escape the surrounds of the city centre 

Ask Away !

Ok ELS
where will you be based
Ask Away !

Based on the comments so far ?

I think he would be enquiring about safe parking and picking up a cheap car cd player.

However, I’d also like to know what a good day / night in Liverpool has to offer [emoji4]

Ok ELS
where will you be based
Ask Away !

Typical I'm off home tomorrow and you appear at the last minute as the tour guide. I've been staying in the city centre and done a lot of the touristy stuff. Very impressed. Eaten an drank far too much. Not in a drunken manner of course but I'm about too burst. Haven't been clubbing or anything. Way past that now but me and the good lady have had a great time. Liverpool is a lovely city. Much better than I anticipated.

Guest TPAFKATS
I love Liverpool. Cavern definitely worth a visit. Do the Magical Mystery Tour. I'm not a Beatles fan but  I enjoyed both. Cavern had a Beatles tribute act on who were very, very good.  Also check this out 
http://www.theyellowduckmarine.co.uk/
Nelsoninfrontofblue_thumb.jpg.5b2cce1421a3270ac0c2cd61a991c535.jpg

It sunk a day or so after I was last there. Similar one also sunk in London a year ir two back. I'm happy to give it a miss [emoji6]

11 hours ago, madmitch said:

I love Liverpool. Cavern definitely worth a visit. Do the Magical Mystery Tour. I'm not a Beatles fan but  I enjoyed both. Cavern had a Beatles tribute act on who were very, very good.  Also check this out 

http://www.theyellowduckmarine.co.uk/

Nelsoninfrontofblue_thumb.jpg

Isn't that the norm, my brother works in Liverpool & I've been down a few time and whenever I've been in that's been the case. Have seen Swedish (excellent) & a Japanese (average) tributes play there, I guess they must've payed their own way over. I wonder if they have to pass an audition before they got on. Perhaps not as The Beatles were originally regarded as being very ropey on stage, in fact when other Liverpool bands heard they ( The Beatles) were getting a booking in Hamburg they signed a petition to have it cancelled - hilarious in hindsight! :lol

Edited by Bud the Baker

On 10/10/2017 at 10:37 PM, Swiss_Saint said:

Yep been in the Phil afew times and think the toilets are listed so cannot be changed so people walk in and take a look , abit disconcerting when you are taking a leak.

Forgot to mention you can go up St.Johns Beacon too which is the big tower thing in the middle of town, great views if its clear

Nothing to see here. Move along folks.

IMG_20171011_141420509-567x1008.jpg

IMG_20171011_141252800-567x1008-283x503.jpg

18 minutes ago, renfrew said:

A bit dangerous taking photos in a toilet is it not :boxing

Probably but

On 12/10/2017 at 9:53 AM, TPAFKATS said:

It sunk a day or so after I was last there. Similar one also sunk in London a year ir two back. I'm happy to give it a miss emoji6.png

Not as dangerous as a ride on the yellowduckmarine tour