St Mirren V Morton 28th Oct

Jimmy H

Apologies to Shull for starting a match thread.

Booked flights for this one, normally rely on someone to get me a match ticket, but decided to register with official ticket office and get my own this time.

Just showing tickets not available for this game, anybody know why that is? Not sold out surely.

Oh and 3-1 to the Buds :D

24 minutes ago, Jimmy H said:

Booked flights for this one, normally rely on someone to get me a match ticket, but decided to register with official ticket office and get my own this time.

Just showing tickets not available for this game, anybody know why that is? Not sold out surely.

Oh and 3-1 to the Buds :D

Maybe not on sale yet. 

Oh and 3-1 to the Buds [emoji3]

Why you apologising to Shull . anybody can start a thread.

13 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

If we beat Falkirk this Saturday, do folk think a sell out for this is achievable?

And if not, why not?

Jersey you scared me there !!!

Reason is simple....... Ton will only take 1200- 1400 max, more likely 1000, we wont have 6500-7000 Saints fan there.....

Crowd might squeeze to 5800 tops- which incidentally is still bloody good

7 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Jersey you scared me there !!!

Reason is simple....... Ton will only take 1200- 1400 max, more likely 1000, we wont have 6500-7000 Saints fan there.....

Crowd might squeeze to 5800 tops- which incidentally is still bloody good

So the second part of the question was why not?

We're top of the league.

It's our local derby.

We'll be off the back of 3 wins on the bounce including another uplifting away victory.

If we can't get a full house under those circumstances, when can we?

1 minute ago, shull said:

We can fill 3 Stands.

They won't fill theirs.

We can sellout.

I'm with you Shull.

Blimey!!

1 minute ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

So the second part of the question was why not?

We're top of the league.

It's our local derby.

We'll be off the back of 3 wins on the bounce including another uplifting away victory.

If we can't get a full house under those circumstances, when can we?

I'm with you Shull.

Blimey!!

We will be sold out when the title is won......

Record Att at 2021 is 7500, we will get that if we maintain this till April/May

Crowd 5800 tops, if over 6000 I will donate £20 to a charity of your choice

18 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

We will be sold out when the title is won......

Record Att at 2021 is 7500, we will get that if we maintain this till April/May

Crowd 5800 tops, if over 6000 I will donate £20 to a charity of your choice

Understood but the point I am making is that up until now at the new ground we have been either a struggling Premiership team, or a struggling Championship team. So past records aren't really relevant.

This is the first time since moving there that we are going through a successful period with increased interest and good football getting played.

The capacity of SMP is significantly less than that of Love Street.

I'm not saying you're wrong DJ, I'm just pointing out that if we are ever going to be in a position to fill an 8k capacity stadium, it should be now in a match against our local rivals who also carry a decent support.

If it takes a title party to fill the stadium, I think that's a bit of a bad do.

2 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Understood but the point I am making is that up until now at the new ground we have been either a struggling Premiership team, or a struggling Championship team. So past records aren't really relevant.

This is the first time since moving there that we are going through a successful period with increased interest and good football getting played.

I'm not saying you're wrong DJ, I'm just pointing out that if we are ever going to be in a position to fill an 8k capacity stadium, it should be now in a match against our local rivals who also carry a decent support.

If it takes a title party to fill the stadium, I think that's a bit of a bad do.

Mate , I would love 7000 every week and I agree with you Team deserves it. I remember being really worried that I wouldn't get seats together for the massive 6-2 v Ayr game, crowd was 4700, then 4900 v Raith and United top of table clash still we didn't get 5000..... no doubt Jack and the Boys have increased our gates, but years of wilderness have cost us League fans- you will always get the glory hunters for the LC final and even the Diddy Cup, think we got 10000 in the final of 2005.....

Unfortunately fans have either deserted to support one of OF, or just go to Braehead- both fates worse than death IMO .....

But the days of Fergie adding 10000 onto the gate have gone, unless they drop the entry money that is to say a £10 note   

4 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Mate , I would love 7000 every week and I agree with you Team deserves it. I remember being really worried that I wouldn't get seats together for the massive 6-2 v Ayr game, crowd was 4700, then 4900 v Raith and United top of table clash still we didn't get 5000..... no doubt Jack and the Boys have increased our gates, but years of wilderness have cost us League fans- you will always get the glory hunters for the LC final and even the Diddy Cup, think we got 10000 in the final of 2005.....

Unfortunately fans have either deserted to support one of OF, or just go to Braehead- both fates worse than death IMO .....

But the days of Fergie adding 10000 onto the gate have gone, unless they drop the entry money that is to say a £10 note   

The official attendance was about 9500 if i recall. Did Hamilton bring minus 500 fans ?

ETA, just checked official attendance 9613 . Hamilton must have brought minus 387.  Shite team shite support

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

5 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Unfortunately it takes cup finals and title parties to bring out "supporters " in relatively decent numbers . This has always been the case and won't change anytime soon.

27 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Did you take a poll that day?

Nope. 

Did you notice the following words used. 

1. Probably 

2. nearer

3. I`d say (expressing opinion)

If your opinion is that there were only 600 Hamilton fans there that day , i would actually have to question if you were even at the game .  

ETA : Oops , also missed Approx  ... ( short for approximately )  Adverb: used to show that something is almost, but not completely, accurate or exact; roughly

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

2 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Nope. 

Did you notice the following words used. 

1. Probably 

2. nearer

3. I`d say (expressing opinion)

If your opinion is that there were only 600 Hamilton fans there that day , i would actually have to question if you were even at the game .  

ETA : Oops , also missed Approx  ... ( short for approximately )  Adverb: used to show that something is almost, but not completely, accurate or exact; roughly

I was at game and seriously Accies were outnumbered at least 15 to one....... I also think we had 30000 at the 87 cup final and 17000 and LC final..... more that 6000 on both occasions............ but again that just probably my opinion.......

Your very argumentative today...... is it the weather?