St Mirren V Morton 28th Oct

Jimmy H

1 hour ago, Froggie said:

I thought that had the game lasted another 10 minutes, we might well have lost it as Morton came on strongly in the second half. That's quite a few weeks now we have been below par but thankfully still holding on at the top of the table. I was right in line with the first penalty and it was a wrong call. Morgan was having his shirt pulled but outside the box - a foul only. Contact inside the box does not constitute a penalty unless its a foul. Couldn't see the Morton one but not surprised that ref gave another wrong decision. We badly need injured defenders back to strengthen things ( where is Davis ?) I`m not a great fan of Sutton but he should have been on against Morton for his power and strength. Anyway, need a bit of improvement for next week at Dundee or we could lose top spot.

Froggie no doubt u had Morton on as an away win............ u also had us down last season, so by your reckoning we should be bottom of League 1 .....

I put it down the recent weather and the clocks going back, but really hope things start looking up for you soon.....................  or you could always support Celtic

1 hour ago, class of 76-77 said:

Last week's match at Falkirk gave us all the best indications to  why Sutton doesn't get a regular outing. He contribution was nil in the game. 

I like the big man and always have done, but he's going to be a squad player who will from time to time play his part and score the odd goal like he did at Dumbarton.

Ross Stewart is a young guy playing at his first full time club and he's a working progress, yes he's raw but every opposition fan I've spoken to say he's so awkward to play against and that he offers us something different to our forward line.

I like him and I reckon he's a good option to have coming off the bench at present, he'll progress in my opinion, but that's what it's all about. We all see it different.

Maybe we watched different games at Falkirk last week. I saw Sutton tie up there defence we he came on, win the balls played to him, knock downs to his colleagues and flash a header inches wide from a set piece. I dont see Stewart doing any of that, and I dont buy 'he's a young lad who will learn'.... we dont have the luxury of time to see if he learns, he needs to be doing the basics of his job right now, then he can work on improvements etc. He is mobile, but he cant outmuscle any defenders and loses, or never wins possession putting presdure right back on his team mates.

On 10/29/2017 at 9:10 AM, East Lothian Saint said:

I tried to post the video but it won't work it's on the St Mirren fans FC Facebook page. link is.

https://www.facebook.com/david.park.92102/videos/1499298180117415/

Having looked at it, it looks like Morgan slipped and fell on his arse when no Morton Player was near him. Haven't see ST Mirren TV and In the West Stand I never had a great view of the incident. this footage suggests  we were fortunate to get the award. Win some, lose some I'm not so aggrieved about Reilly now but Buchanan,  Well that's another story.

Morgan definitely pulled - Morton defenders complaining that it was outside the box, not that it wasn't a foul. May have been just outside, but a tight call. Reilly a definite foul and right on the edge again - another tight call. Had a great view from high in the family stand, level with both incidents.

46 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Morgan definitely pulled - Morton defenders complaining that it was outside the box, not that it wasn't a foul. May have been just outside, but a tight call. Reilly a definite foul and right on the edge again - another tight call. Had a great view from high in the family stand, level with both incidents.

Yes Soctty. You are quite right. I've since saw footage that somebody posted showing the incident from your angle and the shirt pulling is blatant. I suppose that's the beauty of the game that every one sees something different and they all think they are right. Feck being a referee. I know its their job to get into the best positions to see everything and their  officials are there to assist but with everyone including officials getting a different take it must be a nightmare. If I had seen the incident from the David park video angle I would have said Morgan was not impeded but seeing it from your angle it was blatant. Roll on Dundee on Saturday so we can all shout and bawl at the ref again. It's a beautiful game and the referee helps keep the magic alive whatever angle you see it from

._46144361_specsavers_deal_226b_sns.jpg

Can't say i managed to enjoy the game at all yesterday due to two extremely loud mouthed woman screaming and swearing for a solid 90mins about anything and everything.
They had a young lad with them too which shocked me after hearing what they were shouting. They were an absolute disgrace & i hope it's just a one off game they attended because i really couldn't suffer them for a whole game every second Saturday sitting behind me.
My ears are still ringing.
Anyway. 2-2. Not the worst point in the world at home against a reasonable Morton side.

I’ve suffered them, they have actually been banned before. Mother, daughter with young son they are a total nightmare if sitting near you.

Definite penalty.

Just as well.

If he had cheated, I would have expected the Club to ban him for a few games and fine him as much as allowed.

Or even booted out the door in January.

Don't want players disgracing our jersey.

21 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Froggie no doubt u had Morton on as an away win............ u also had us down last season, so by your reckoning we should be bottom of League 1 .....

I put it down the recent weather and the clocks going back, but really hope things start looking up for you soon.....................  or you could always support Celtic

Morton on what as an away win , exactly ? Last season I thought we would be relegated, so did everyone else  in the country. I could support Celtic if I felt so inclined. Please post (if you absolutely must) in a coherent manner.

13 minutes ago, Froggie said:

Morton on what as an away win , exactly ? Last season I thought we would be relegated, so did everyone else  in the country. I could support Celtic if I felt so inclined. Please post (if you absolutely must) in a coherent manner.

I didn't.

5 hours ago, shull said:

Definite penalty.

Just as well.

If he had cheated, I would have expected the Club to ban him for a few games and fine him as much as allowed.

Or even booted out the door in January.

Don't want players disgracing our jersey.

Ha Ha  your are funny. :rolleyes:

7 hours ago, Froggie said:

Really, I didn't think we would go down

So as coherently as I can - Do you think we will win title, get play offs , miss out or be relegated this year!!! 

I am back in Romania working after the game after much reflection on the game taking into account a hard fought derby in not the best conditions,I thought it was a decent point,on another day we could have pinched it but Morton were worthy of a point,we will play worse and will win,Dundee Utd this weekend I will get it again this week on the way home to Thurso and I expect us to do well,I see nothing in the Dundee side for us to fear,as already stated we were screaming for points this time last year.It is a difficult league and we have already posted some great performances already,it was never going to be a league won by ten points.I would happily win it on goal difference with the lowest ever point score,hang in there and enjoy the ride as only st.mirren can give you COYS

Aw diddums 

Some Forumsters needing a shower after reading a St Mirren Supporting Journalist. 

Get over yirselfs. 

The Sun is full of Employees. 

Are they all the Devil ? 

THE JEREMY BEADLE SYNDROME. 

:lol:

6 minutes ago, shull said:

Aw diddums 

Some Forumsters needing a shower after reading a St Mirren Supporting Journalist. 

Get over yirselfs. 

The Sun is full of Employees. 

Are they all the Devil ? 

THE JEREMY BEADLE SYNDROME. 

:lol:

4 minutes ago, shull said:

Pathetic  :lol:

Mr Sunny? :rolleyes::rolleyes: