Could Our Stadium Have Been Designed Better ?

shull

Yes, it certainly could. Maybe have needed a slightly bigger budget. 

I agree with HSS that the Stands should have been elevated for far better viewing. 

Four Stands identical to Hamilton's two would have been perfect. 

Alternatively, I would have two,  3000 seater Stands on the East and West sides. 

And behind each end, 2000 capacity Standing Areas. 

Just a much larger version of Forthbank Stadium with the Terracings covered. 

Any more ideas? 

6 minutes ago, shull said:

Yes, it certainly could. Maybe have needed a slightly bigger budget. 

I agree with HSS that the Stands should have been elevated for far better viewing. 

Four Stands identical to Hamilton's two would have been perfect. 

Alternatively, I would have two,  3000 seater Stands on the East and West sides. 

And behind each end, 2000 capacity Standing Areas. 

Just a much larger version of Forthbank Stadium with the Terracings covered. 

Any more ideas? 

Standing areas wouldn't have been permitted when the ground was built.

Just now, pod said:

Wouldn't have mattered what you got, you would always have wanted something better. :rolleyes:

Naw. 

Two steep Stands and Two Standing Areas and I would have been absolutely thrilled. 

I sat in an "Executive Box" at Fir Park for the fizzy pop final, not enjoyable. Wot we've got is ideal.

Stadium design, your once in a lifetime opportunity to make a mark / statement, its says everything about scottish / british mentality, no vision.

I think the record we've had since moving maybe influences peoples opinion of our stadium... That and it's no Old St Mirren Park. Could it have been designeda bit better with a different budget or being a bit more creative with the budget we had? Yeah probably. 

Have to say though I am a fan of our stadium and it's been a great place to be over the last few months. What excites me more is the potential it has. Plenty development opportunities and with the business Gordon Scott is in, interesting things could happen in the future. 

16 hours ago, StanleySaint said:

Main stand could have been given better kerb appeal and rake of seating also could have been steeper. I always feel for those poor souls in the front few rows of any of the stands when it rains so preferrably better weather but I suspect that was outside the developer's gift.

Only criticism from me is the roofs should have came out forther apart from that i like our home , noticed i said home and not new home :)

1 hour ago, windae cleaner said:

A lot of fitba people have came out and said our ground is ideal

Kilmarnock,Motherwell,St Johnstone have 3000 rattling about in grounds too big for them

For our wee ground we have never had a sell out,have we ever reached the 7000 mark?

7542 v Killie 

1 hour ago, windae cleaner said:

A lot of fitba people have came out and said our ground is ideal

Kilmarnock,Motherwell,St Johnstone have 3000 rattling about in grounds too big for them

For our wee ground we have never had a sell out,have we ever reached the 7000 mark?

It is an ideal size no one is arguing that. To me the only problem with it is the look of the frontage Of the main Stand they could improve the entrance to both the hospitality and 1877 club to give them a more asteticly pleasing look and I am sure the same could be done for the main entrance by adding some sort of shape to each side to improve the look. 

37 minutes ago, elvis said:

It is an ideal size no one is arguing that. To me the only problem with it is the look of the frontage Of the main Stand they could improve the entrance to both the hospitality and 1877 club to give them a more asteticly pleasing look and I am sure the same could be done for the main entrance by adding some sort of shape to each side to improve the look. 

Hope your feeling better Mr Positive  :P Not a bad idea probably budget constraints from previous board so was not looked at. New board just in the door. Fans Council should take the entrances to both venues on as a project. When looking at the stadium from the outside to me it looks compact and  clean no bad thing. 

I don't think the shape of the main stand is that bad, but certainly could have been a better colour put on it. As long as I like what I see when facing the pitch, the outside won't worry me. Large billboards with doors that can be opened at the 4 corners  (similar to what Hibs have) would help to keep the noise in and maybe the ball as well :rolleyes:

This has been done to death.

The brief from the Tesco deal was a stadium built to SPL criteria. That was it, plain and simple. No scope for bells and whistles or bespoke features.

Gordon Scott was as frustrated as anyone else about this.

So, could it have been designed better? Well, no, not really. Not in the real world, anyway.

Edited by Drew

2 hours ago, elvis said:

I only good to watch the football, not to admire the outside of it. :rolleyes: 

42 minutes ago, renfrew said:

I don't think the shape of the main stand is that bad, but certainly could have been a better colour put on it. As long as I like what I see when facing the pitch, the outside won't worry me. Large billboards with doors that can be opened at the 4 corners  (similar to what Hibs have) would help to keep the noise in and maybe the ball as well :rolleyes:

FFS , Some folk are never happy. They put colour on it in 2015 & people were raging about it !!

Image result for st.mirren celtic shop at ground