Teams you have a strong dislike for!

Bud the Baker

As it says on the tin teams you dislike over & above the norm

Spartans - for the 2005/06 cup game and particularly the fact that just about every interview from their manager seemed to contain the phrase "we're not looking to have them thrown out the competition" - liars

Airdrie - an obnoxious set of fans. After one game "Section B" ran through Fountain Gardens to "attack" us but when they found nothing between us ran away until some police arrived and then ran back chanting & swearing once their was no actual chance of any actual argy-bargy - obnoxious & cowardly.

The OF - without saying.

Livingston - for comments when be passed them in 2001 "make way for a big team " :blink: and again in2006 when Chairman Pearce Flynn made a fuss about how the rules on USH couldn't be waived to accommodate - possibly less so over this one as he was acting in his own clubs interest but some pf the "they'll just have to bite the bullet like everyone else" were ironic given the financial history of that club.

St. Johnstone - they're not the real Saints but there's nothing personal.

........and ones that I have no special dislike for.

Morton - they're nothing special to me just another team, the club I measure us against is Partick Thistle. 

Gretna - a lot of our fans seemed to hate them when they were "living the dream" but it never bothered me.

At the moment both Dumbarton & Hamilton are punching above their weight and are a bit cocky on P&B but in similar circumstances for the Saints I'd maybe do the same so I'll let them off.

Hearts - some of their fans still hold a grudge against us for 1986 & all that but if the circumstances had been reversed I'd probably feel the same. What I do hate is Rangers fans who bring this up - it's nothing to do with them and they played weakened teams that affected relegation in the twice in the '90's immediately after winning the League.

Edited by Bud the Baker

I think hate would generally be too strong for what I feel in most situations but anyone who claims to support a football team but not to have picked up any baggage on the way is either a kidding themselves on or a Saint in the heavenly sense.

Like I say the only example that arouses a strong reaction from me is Rangers fans and their lurid fantasies about '86.

Edited by Bud the Baker

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

I think hate would generally be too strong for what I feel in most situations but anyone who claims to support a football team but not to have picked up any baggage on the way is either a kidding themselves on or a Saint in the heavenly sense.

Or they could just be normal functioning people with a lives outside football. :lol:

Like I say the only example that arouses a strong reaction from me is Rangers fans and their lurid fantasies about '86.

You are right hate is a strong word/feeling and it is mainly jest and childish reasons that I would "hate" them.

Generally they are l reasons that I would use solely for the purpose of winding up their fans. I definitely don't spend my life thinking negatively about them and planning to ruin them.

Oh diddums, can't you see wasting any time " disliking" [emoji38] any "team" is frankly hilarious, unless you're a eejit? [emoji38]

You are right hate is a strong word/feeling and it is mainly jest and childish reasons that I would "hate" them.

Generally they are l reasons that I would use solely for the purpose of winding up their fans. I definitely don't spend my life thinking negatively about them and planning to ruin them.

No I'm struggling to understand.

24 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Hearts , have had some heated arguments over the years in Edinburgh when through there supporting Saints. Put simply minority of dumb flickers.  

I think we can safely say that in the entire history of human civilisation, those words will never have been seen in that combination before.

Another in a long line of stunning firsts IOBS.

Please never stop posting on here. :lol: