Kille have a new Boss

Callum Gilhooley

8 minutes ago, FTOF said:

He's one who seems to be a better assistant than a manager IMO.

Let's hope he gets them relegated.:thumbs2

He has a far better results record as a manager than the 10 of the previous 11  killie managers & at a far higher level too. The question is, can he cut it at this level and with the sort of Budget Killie will offer ? 

Couple of things will be interesting to see,can he tap his sources down south for loanees and will he be tempted to "do a JR" in the January transfer window. ?

As an ex saint ,i wish him well . Wouldnt want him to have an SPFL relegation on his CV .

Agree with FTOF on this appointment - Clarke has spent most of his time since he finished playing in coaching/ assistant manager roles.

Decent first season with WBA but overall his record as No. 1 is average.

30 years since he moved down south and I notice his No. 2 will be Englishman Alex Hales who has spent the bulk of career with London clubs - still at least one of them will know what a Killie Pie tastes like.

Cliché time - all managerial appointments are gambles let's hope they're both on bumper contracts and cost Killie dear it's about time their luck ran out. Veering off topic I reckon Clarke would've been a strong candidate for the Scotland job if he'd waited a bit longer.

53 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

As an ex saint ,i wish him well . Wouldnt want him to have an SPFL relegation on his CV .

Generally I like ex-saints to do well, but I'm making an exception here, as BTB says, that shower of James Hunts have ridden their luck for too long, and their relegation would be somewhat pleasing.:)