Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale v St Mirren Scottish Cup 3rd Round

shull

2 hours ago, Kenny fae Partick' said:

If its moved the logical choice would be  Tynecastle as its nearby to LTHV's home ground.

Assuming that Tynecastle is ready (Hearts are due to play Killie there on 5/11) then that would be the obvious choice but it wasn't mentioned as an option for the Celtic game. Maybe Hearts didn't want LTHV playing there.

18 minutes ago, Julian Banjos said:

When LTHV were a game away from playing Celtic in the 5th round a couple of years back their chairman said the SFA would not have allowed them to play the game at home. Very limited facilities and no covered areas: more a public park than a football ground. Because of this they were denied entry to the Lowland League (which they'd stand a pretty good chance of winning apparently).

If the Celtic game had happened, seemingly their 3 options were Easter Rd, Livingston or Falkirk. When we're due to play them (Nov 18th) Hibs and Livi are at home and Falkirk host Dundee Utd on the 19th. Be interested to see where the tie ends up being played. Possibly Paisley!

Not sure I agree with the claim in bold!

Game doesn't need to be on a Saturday or even a Sunday, Edinburgh City played last night because they're groundsharing with Spartans who were home today.

17 minutes ago, Stu said:

Game doesn't need to be on a Saturday or even a Sunday, Edinburgh City played last night because they're groundsharing with Spartans who were home today.

Artificial pitch....

Livingston and Hibs will probably be looking to protect their grass as we head into winter. Falkirk might be okay with their artificial being used twice in 24 hours though.

Edited by Julian Banjos

A colleague of mine was at Forthbank today and mentioned that LTHV could have won about 10-3! Winning away to the top of League 2 who are unbeaten in the league is pretty good going.

He reckons it's a stick on for Spartans ground with Meadowbank a less likely alternative.

Alan "Brullllllllllllyint" "Chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaance" Preston was commenting on LTHV today and said that Saughton Enclosure is so far from acceptable standards that they wouldn't be allowed into the Lowland League far less host a competitive game against an SPFL club.

So it definitely won't be at their ground or SMP. I can see it being moved to the Sunday and played at Ainsley Park.

4 hours ago, Julian Banjos said:

Be interested to see where the tie ends up being played. Possibly Paisley!

That's one scenario that cant happen.

About changing grounds.....

why would Lothian even want to  change?1000 at home or pay a rental charge for a bigger ground and get a crowd of 1500.

We're all going to Saughton...........

Are they not allowed to forfeit home advantage then and play it at SMP?

Just guessing, but think the rule is that you can't reverse a fixture i.e. can't make it St Mirren Vs Lothian but don't see why Lothian couldn't play a home game at St Mirren Park. Would make sense. I'm sure we would let them use the facilities for free too. An away game for Saints, at home anyone???

Just guessing, but think the rule is that you can't reverse a fixture i.e. can't make it St Mirren Vs Lothian but don't see why Lothian couldn't play a home game at St Mirren Park. Would make sense. I'm sure we would let them use the facilities for free too. An away game for Saints, at home anyone???

If their capacity is only 1000 then I can't imagine it would be worth an extra £5k to arrange a neutral venue that would massively limit their chances of some sort of upset. At best on a good cup day we would be looking at 1500-2000 travelling from Paisley. We currently are carrying a decent away support but can see them giving us 500 tickets and telling us to get on with it. 

Hope I get a ticket. ;-)

21 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Alan "Brullllllllllllyint" "Chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaance" Preston was commenting on LTHV today and said that Saughton Enclosure is so far from acceptable standards that they wouldn't be allowed into the Lowland League far less host a competitive game against an SPFL club.

So it definitely won't be at their ground or SMP. I can see it being moved to the Sunday and played at Ainsley Park.

Named after?