John Sutton

7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

^^^^^^ The "weekly" dig at the manager.

Jeezo. <_<

Is it..?

suggesting that playing someone who has less than twenty goals in his career, instead of a striker with over one hundred and sixty to his name makes little sense... 

maybe we should swap out all our successful players for inexperienced, less effective ones?

I really like big Sutton and would love to see him continue to play a part at Saints. However i think its fairly obvious that JR does not see him as an integral part in what he is trying to do here and given our current position in the league its difficult to argue.

Like others i believe he could be a different option for us and if he is going to be used off the bench i hope he will be given sufficient time in games to make an impact.
As for Ross stewart ?  Does he have the same experience / stats / presence as Sutton ? I dont think so, not yet anyway but as with anyone who pulls on the stripes i wish him success and as he gets used to this level of footy lets hope the goals will come.

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Is it..?

suggesting that playing someone who has less than twenty goals in his career, instead of a striker with over one hundred and sixty to his name makes little sense... 

maybe we should swap out all our successful players for inexperienced, less effective ones?

Pele has scored over a thousand, lets get him playing every week.........................oh wait. :1eye

Struggling this week eh? 

Edited by faraway saint

19 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Is it..?

I think it is fairly obvious that our great young manager wants his team going forward, Sutton can be an impact player, but again what u fail to realise is, that JR knows more than u do and sees him in training every day....... Young Ross needs development but you could have said the same about Mallan, MacGennis and Morgan a few years back ....

He used John Sat, he scored ----- Brill- Congrat JR cause he is the first Saints manager in 21 years to leave Sons with 3 points- And that's really all that matters

3 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

I think it is fairly obvious that our great young manager wants his team going forward, Sutton can be an impact player, but again what u fail to realise is, that JR knows more than u do and sees him in training every day....... Young Ross needs development but you could have said the same about Mallan, MacGennis and Morgan a few years back ....

He used John Sat, he scored ----- Brill- Congrat JR cause he is the first Saints manager in 21 years to leave Sons with 3 points- And that's really all that matters

Young Ross, like most strikers at 21/22 is about as prolific as he will ever be. If he was a twenty goal plus  a season player he would have already ran that up at a lower league club. Finding Players like Sutton at this level is like finding Rocking Horse shit....

Stewart I am afraid is destined to run around looking like he might do it, a lot more than he ever actually will. wheras Sutton is the real deal..! Watch Sutton's goal tally/assists rise as he partners Reilly in terrorising defences in this league from here on in.

2 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

The other Ross Stewart has conceded fewer goals in his career than Samson.  Get him in goals.

Sorry, does that not fit your argument?  Let me try again ...

actually, no, I can't be bothered.

Bravo... I see the Faraway school of precious little thought teachings are spreading! 

Your arguement seems to be Stewart is bettter than Samson..? 

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Young Ross, like most strikers at 21/22 is about as prolific as he will ever be. If he was a twenty goal plus  a season player he would have already ran that up at a lower league club. Finding Players like Sutton at this level is like finding Rocking Horse shit....

Stewart I am afraid is destined to run around looking like he might do it, a lot more than he ever actually will. wheras Sutton is the real deal..! Watch Sutton's goal tally/assists rise as he partners Reilly in terrorising defences in this league from here on in.

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

.Why Stewart who has hee-haw scoring pedigree starts instead of Sutton is bordering on the insane.

Didn't take you long to get back to showing absolutely zero support for our manager or one of our young players. :blink:

Have you LOOKED at the league table recently?

We are winning and you are still not happy.

52 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Total pish. There are some strikers who were as prolific as they'd ever be at 21, but these are the exception rather than the rule. Most take time to develop into the players they later become - especially bigger strikers. Players like Drogba, Shearer, Kane, Diego Costa - none of them were anywhere near 20 goal a season players at 21.

Stop having a go needlessly at a young player and try to get behind the team - the one which is top of the league, remember? I struggle to accept that you are a grown man with the endless stream of nonsense you post.

Getting back to the other player in your post, Sutton is nearly 34, and making sensible use of him will get the best out of him, which is what we've done so far, and will no doubt continue to do over the winter months, as the pitches become less accommodating for great football and the weather adds its own effects.

Edited by Soctty

3 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Total pish. There are some strikers who were as prolific as they'd ever be at 21, but these are the exception rather than the rule. Most take time to develop into the players they later become -especially bigger strikers. Players like Drogba, Shearer, Kane, Diego Costa - none of them were anywhere near 20 goal a season players at 21.

Stop having a go needlessly at a young player and try to get behind the team - the one which is top of the league, remember? I struggle to accept that you are a grown man with the endless stream of nonsense you post.

Getting back to the other player in your post, Sutton is nearly 34, and making sensible use of him will get the best out of him, which is what we've done so far, and will no doubt continue to do over the winter months, as the pitches become less accommodating for great football and the weather adds its own effects.

Soctty you need to stop this reason here. According to LPM JR is clueless, and obviously cant spot talent when he sees it. Our escape last year was down to sheer luck and the fact that 9 other teams got worse as we stood still. This season again we have gone backwards but voodoo is keeping us top ......

Basically Jack needs to go------- he has failed us ................ If LPM did Carlsberg - F E C K  

Just to recap....

Today's posters seem to be insisting that..

Ross Stewart (Forward) is better than John Sutton..

Ross Stewart (Goalkeeper) is better than Craig Samson...

and it now seems its against the law to suggest who you think should be getying a jersey, in fact if you suggest someone that even the manager realised ne needed on the pitch, you are in fact 'talking down the team, any young player, and the manager'.... away and shite!

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Ha, ha, ha.... classic! You really draw more attention to your inane ramblings with that convoluted, unfathomable explanation.  Anyone reading it is on for a laugh.

I see hunners queuing up to agree with you're weekly drivel.........................oh wait, forum clown is easily your title.  :1eye