John Sutton

29 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Just to recap....

Today's posters seem to be insisting that..

Ross Stewart (Forward) is better than John Sutton..

Ross Stewart (Goalkeeper) is better than Craig Samson...

and it now seems its against the law to suggest who you think should be getying a jersey, in fact if you suggest someone that even the manager realised ne needed on the pitch, you are in fact 'talking down the team, any young player, and the manager'.... away and shite!

Twisting the point yet again.

No one is insisting Stewart is better than Sutton.

You as Slarti pointed out above, made the absurd comparison of a 34 year olds scoring record to a 20 year old.

On a weekly basis you slither around trying to pick holes in anything that can be directed at the manager.

Again, I'm certainly not one who can see no faults with our manager but to consistently try to undermine him makes you look like a rather bitter and narrow minded individual who would thoroughly enjoy us losing a few games to suit your view Ross isn't the man for the job.

Now, away and grow up. 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

I see hunners queuing up to agree with you're weekly drivel.........................oh wait, forum clown is easily your title.  :1eye

I am no giving it up that fecking easy. 

Damn, the doors just fell off my Cab. 

1 hour ago, Slartibartfast said:

You were comparing Stewart's goal-scoring record with Sutton's.  I compared (the other) Stewart's goal conceding record with Samson's.

Since forwards are supposed to score goals and goalkeepers are supposed to prevent them then the comparison is "the same".

Not that your argument was valid (due to career length for one thing), but using it, if you are saying that, having scored more goals, Sutton should be played before Stewart, then conceding fewer goals should mean that (the other) Stewart should be played before Samson.

If that isn't what you meant then maybe you shouldn't have said it.

Aye yir comparison is still bonkers. Simply put Sutton is light years ahead of Stewart, thats why the manager brought him on to score!

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

You as Slarti pointed out above, made the absurd comparison of a 34 year olds scoring record to a 20 year old.

On a weekly basis you slither around trying to pick holes in anything that can be directed at the manager.

Again, I'm certainly not one who can see no faults with our manager but to consistently try to undermine him makes you look like a rather bitter and narrow minded individual who would thoroughly enjoy us losing a few games to suit your view Ross isn't the man for the job.

Now, away and grow up. 

Keep digging, it a hoot!

12 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

John Sutton has never let any of his employers down.     Well taken goal against Dunmbarton.

Ross Stewart. Probably able to cover more of the pitch during a game and still learning.

Ross Stewart wears down the opposition and John Sutton comes on for the kill. 

8 minutes ago, pod said:

Ross Stewart wears down the opposition and John Sutton comes on for the kill. 

Exactly.

There were a few Dumbarton supporters commenting on how Stewart's movement caused their defence a lot of problems.

It also shouldn't be forgotten, but for an excellent goal line clearance, Stewart was unlucky not to have scored in the first minute.

Two players at very different points in their senior careers. Both will contribute significantly to our promotion push.

So you also think Stewart is better than Sutton, and should start ahead if him?
or....
you really have nothing to contribute..?
thanks for shining that light onto the conversation.

I think Stewart has potential to blossom into a good player for us. Tell me how you think players develop, do you think sitting on the bench helps progression?

If Stewart had 160+ goals to his name he would be playing for PSG. That statement was quite simply one of the strangest things I’ve read.

I think Sutton is a good impact player, he comes on, he scores a goal - he does his job.

That doesn’t mean to say I wouldn’t like to see Sutton start. I also think it’s a competitive position, and JR (who btw, knows a lot more than you and me) has clearly got his tactics right or we would have drawn or lost.

You can have your opinion, that doesn’t always mean you’re right. You just like to listen to yourself berate others, and there’s simply no need for it.

There’s yer contribution now pipe down.

19 minutes ago, DWBud said:

I think Stewart has potential to blossom into a good player for us. Tell me how you think players develop, do you think sitting on the bench helps progression?

If Stewart had 160+ goals to his name he would be playing for PSG. That statement was quite simply one of the strangest things I’ve read.

I think Sutton is a good impact player, he comes on, he scores a goal - he does his job.

That doesn’t mean to say I wouldn’t like to see Sutton start. I also think it’s a competitive position, and JR (who btw, knows a lot more than you and me) has clearly got his tactics right or we would have drawn or lost.

You can have your opinion, that doesn’t always mean you’re right. You just like to listen to yourself berate others, and there’s simply no need for it.

There’s yer contribution now pipe down.

Thats a typical deflectors post as anyone can read on this thread i gave my opinion, and others like you thought it somimportant to berate it, some after posting nonsensical comparisons, others...  well just because they like to berate without even joining the debate, which i see you have done belatedly, but then sought to try and end it to cover your failings.... tough luck.

Sutton is streets ahead of Stewart and from here in will play more and score a helluva lot more. Ross kniws this as it is he who keeos hooking Stewart when its obvious he is being ineffective, like Saturday.

Ross Stewart is potentially a very good player. That folk seem to have written him off after about half a dozen games where he's done more right than wrong is harsh. 

I agree that Sutton offers more at present but to try and compare the scoring records of a guy like Sutton with a lad who has little under 2 seasons of senior football under his belt is hugely unfair. 

Edited by djchapsticks

6 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Ross Stewart is potentially a very good player. That folk seem to have written him off after about half a dozen games where he's done more right than wrong is harsh. 

I agree that Sutton offers more at present but to try and compare the scoring records of a guy like Sutton with a lad who has little under 2 seasons of senior football under his belt is hugely unfair. 

A better comparison would be Sutton’s first couple of seasons and at a similar age.......not too dis-similar and he turned into a not bad player!!

Thats a typical deflectors post as anyone can read on this thread i gave my opinion, and others like you thought it somimportant to berate it, some after posting nonsensical comparisons, others...  well just because they like to berate without even joining the debate, which i see you have done belatedly, but then sought to try and end it to cover your failings.... tough luck.
Sutton is streets ahead of Stewart and from here in will play more and score a helluva lot more. Ross kniws this as it is he who keeos hooking Stewart when its obvious he is being ineffective, like Saturday.

Do you just type what comes into your head and not read over it, or have you just spewed on your keyboard and hoped for the best?

Stewart is a young, full of energy, give it his all type of lad. He will pester defenders for 60-70 mins and tire them out, as I’m sure someone else on here pointed out. If by that point Sutton comes on and gets the goal, excellent, that for me is a team effort.

I think with some support, some goals under his belt and the right training, he will certainly come good.

JR has a headache (a good headache) between who to choose, and I fully support him to make the right decision. Not some diddy on a forum.

I’m bored of trying to make sense of your posts now, go annoy someone else on a different forum.

2 minutes ago, DWBud said:

Do you just type what comes into your head and not read over it, or have you just spewed on your keyboard and hoped for the best?

Stewart is a young, full of energy, give it his all type of lad. He will pester defenders for 60-70 mins and tire them out, as I’m sure someone else on here pointed out. If by that point Sutton comes on and gets the goal, excellent, that for me is a team effort.

I think with some support, some goals under his belt and the right training, he will certainly come good.

JR has a headache (a good headache) between who to choose, and I fully support him to make the right decision. Not some diddy on a forum.

I’m bored of trying to make sense of your posts now, go annoy someone else on a different forum.

Thoughtful points, ruined by needless abuse.

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Now, away and grow up. 

5 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

"also"?

Can you show me one post on this thread that has claimed that?

Already been pointed out that, as usual, he trys to twist his original point, which was trying to have yet another dig at the manger. 

Edited by faraway saint

11 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Already been pointed out that, as usual, he trys to twist his original point, which was trying to have yet another dig at the manger. 

Most think you are away with the 'Manger'

4 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Aye, but he's digging with a colander, not a spade.

Still with the crazy comparisons..!

my original post was to highlight that Sutton is better than Stewart, no one has yet as far as i can see through all the fog disagreed, including the manager who hooked him again on Saturday.

anyone want to get back to the point?

40 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Most think you are away with the 'Manger'

Still with the crazy comparisons..!

my original post was to highlight that Sutton is better than Stewart, no one has yet as far as i can see through all the fog disagreed, including the manager who hooked him again on Saturday.

anyone want to get back to the point?

You'll find very few taking exception to the opinion that Sutton is currently better than Stewart because most agree.

What people will rightfully take exception to is your incorrect assertion that at 21, a player is as prolific as he's ever going to be, that Stewart has been largely ineffective, a lack of acceptance that his major contribution to the side so far has been to tire and harass defences and he's done so quite effectively and finally that you think it's fair to compare the career goals total of  a 34 year old who has 15 years of experience under his belt to a 21 year old in his first full time gig and his 2nd full season as a senior footballer.