John Sutton

25 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

You'll find very few taking exception to the opinion that Sutton is currently better than Stewart because most agree.

What people will rightfully take exception to is your incorrect assertion that at 21, a player is as prolific as he's ever going to be, that Stewart has been largely ineffective, a lack of acceptance that his major contribution to the side so far has been to tire and harass defences and he's done so quite effectively and finally that you think it's fair to compare the career goals total of  a 34 year old who has 15 years of experience under his belt to a 21 year old in his first full time gig and his 2nd full season as a senior footballer.

You don't rate him either then.

1 hour ago, Slartibartfast said:

It wasn't a comparison.

If nobody has disagreed, why were you asking a poster if he "also" thought Stewart was better than Sutton?

I, at least, am on the point. I am replying to your original crazy comparison between Sutton and Stewart by using the amount of goals that they have scored?

You, well you seem to change the point you are trying to make every few posts.

You should swap the spade for the colander again when digging your own hole, you might not sink so deep, so quickly.

Nope my original point stands, Sutton is better that Stewart and is a proven goalscorer at this level and above.

but it does sound like The stat websites will have to add a 'tired players out' KPI for each striker now as it seems that is the only reason Stewart gets a game to use his 'tiring' skills.

9 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I'm aware. He's a master of twisting things.

7 hours ago, Soctty said:

He's a Master Baiter, some would say...

He is as annoying and irrelevant as the late and unlamented Wishaw W****r.  I personally am fed up with people responding to him. :)

To sum up, Stewart and Sutton are backup strikers, with 8 starts and 4 goals between them this season, which is pretty decent.

Our starting trio of Morgan, Reilly and Smith have 44 starts, 25 goals and 13 assists between them, which is why they are in possession of the starting berths.

I look forward to both Sutton and Stewart - and maybe even Daryl Duffy - contributing more as the season goes on, both from the bench and in any starts they might get.

It's a long, hard season.

5 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

The original point below?

Nowhere in that post do you claim that Sutton is better than Stewart.  You don't even insinuate it.

Now, try again - it's a quiet day at work, I've got time.

You might want to re-read your post, and my quotes you highlight again.  Let me help...

Sutton is better than Stewart, and it amazes me that with hee goalscoring pedigree Stewart is starting instead of Sutton......

lets just review that last sentence... hmmm.. nope completely sure thats me not insinuating, but wholeheartedly saying Sutton is better than Stewart. Of course if you cant see thats what i think in the sentence ...

19 hours ago,  Lord Pityme said: 

Why Stewart who has hee-haw scoring pedigree starts instead of Sutton is bordering on the insane.

is in fact me wholeheartedly saying that Sutton is better than Stewart......  it simply couldnt be clearer for most.

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

You might want to re-read your post, and my quotes you highlight again.  Let me help...

Sutton is better than Stewart, and it amazes me that with hee goalscoring pedigree Stewart is starting instead of Sutton......

lets just review that last sentence... hmmm.. nope completely sure thats me not insinuating, but wholeheartedly saying Sutton is better than Stewart. Of course if you cant see thats what i think in the sentence ...

19 hours ago,  Lord Pityme said: 

Why Stewart who has hee-haw scoring pedigree starts instead of Sutton is bordering on the insane.

is in fact me wholeheartedly saying that Sutton is better than Stewart......  it simply couldnt be clearer for most.

What a childish, disorganised and unnecessary collection of letters

• 6 months later...
1 minute ago, munoz said:

Does this mean he's hung up his boots? I thought he still had another season left at championship level.

I read something on P+B about John signing for Morton but naturally thought I would be as a player , maybe he is doing both. Good luck to him in this new career.