Utd sack McKinnon ???

Ayrshire Saints

Still not confirmed , although an Arab supporting mate of mine was at Hospitality today and said none of the management team came in after the game as the board had called an "emergency Meeting"  

Could mean hes gone, going or has received the dreaded vote of confidence from the board.  Wait & see

Not good news from a St Mirren point of view.
Almost Worse Case Scenario - New Manager bounce pushes them back into contention
Worse Case Scenario - new manager is Jack Ross
Hopefully not but I'll not be happy until someone else is announced in the gig.
HANDS OFF JACK

Aye , if it was Jack Ross ?

Then we need fear not the ‘new manager bounce’ it’ll be March before they win [emoji1]

I suppose if you are an out of work manager then you might not be all that fussy... how many managers has Stephen Thomson fired now... Levein left for the Scotland job but he has definitely fired Houston (after winning Scottish Cup and finishing top 6), McNamara (after selling most of his best players and leaking his contract details to the press), Mixu (after half a season) and now MacKinnon (sacked after 10 games without United in the play off places).

Can see them bringing in McIntyre and Dodds which might be a decent shout in the long term but here's hoping it takes them a few months to settle in.

35 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Hughes said on Radio Scotland on Sat that the time was right for him to get back into football.....coincedence or what?

I liked Yogi as a player,gave 110% every time but he wisnae very good.His management career has went much the same way........give him the job.

Well this is a shame.  I was hoping they would continue on their rather rapid decline under McKinnon.  United seem to have found the boat we were in prior to the GS / Smisa takeover being completed.  McKinnon did a good job at Raith and looked like a good appointment on paper, as did Mixu who did a great job with Killie.  Something not right behind the scenes it would seem.

I do worry now they will bring a new man in and throw money at the problem in January.  I keep hearing they are skint but they have brought in a fortune in transfer, including another big chunk from Andy Robertson's move to Liverpool.  

For what its worth I reckon John Hughes is a pretty good manager, Raith Rovers aside.

Anyway fingers crossed they appoint Gary Locke.

9 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Well this is a shame.  I was hoping they would continue on their rather rapid decline under McKinnon.  United seem to have found the boat we were in prior to the GS / Smisa takeover being completed.  McKinnon did a good job at Raith and looked like a good appointment on paper, as did Mixu who did a great job with Killie.  Something not right behind the scenes it would seem.

I do worry now they will bring a new man in and throw money at the problem in January.  I keep hearing they are skint but they have brought in a fortune in transfer, including another big chunk from Andy Robertson's move to Liverpool.  

For what its worth I reckon John Hughes is a pretty good manager, Raith Rovers aside.

Anyway fingers crossed they appoint Gary Locke.

It's a measure of how badly run United have been since the Thompsons took over that they have received over £13m in transfer fees in the last 5 years for the likes of Ryan Gauld, Andrew Robertson, Stuart Armstrong & Gary Mackay Steven, Nadir Ciftci, David Goodwillie, Johnny Russell and Scott Allan and have managed to repay their bank debt but still owe money to their board and other investors. They sacked 9 full time managers in 15 years and Levein left to take the Scotland job.

Managerial casualties at DUFC under the Thompsons

Alex Smith (sacked within a month of Eddie's takeover)

Paul Heggarty (sacked after less than 4 months in charge)

Ian McCall (lasted almost 27 months)

Gordon Chisholm (just under 10 months)

Craig Brewster (almost 8 months)

Craig Levein (3 years and 2 months before becoming Scotland manager)

Peter Houston (3 years and 1 month)

Jackie McNamara (2 years and 8 months)

Mixu (5 months)

Ray McKinnon (1 year & 5 months)

... half of DUFC appointed by the Thompsons get less than 1 year in the job and only 2 managers in 15 years have stayed for 3 years and one of them got fired after winning the Scottish Cup and finishing 3rd, 4th and 3rd in the SPL!

4 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

It's a measure of how badly run United have been since the Thompsons took over that they have received over £13m in transfer fees in the last 5 years for the likes of Ryan Gauld, Andrew Robertson, Stuart Armstrong & Gary Mackay Steven, Nadir Ciftci, David Goodwillie, Johnny Russell and Scott Allan and have managed to repay their bank debt but still owe money to their board and other investors. They sacked 9 full time managers in 15 years and Levein left to take the Scotland job.

Managerial casualties at DUFC under the Thompsons

Alex Smith (sacked within a month of Eddie's takeover)

Paul Heggarty (sacked after less than 4 months in charge)

Ian McCall (lasted almost 27 months)

Gordon Chisholm (just under 10 months)

Craig Brewster (almost 8 months)

Craig Levein (3 years and 2 months before becoming Scotland manager)

Peter Houston (3 years and 1 month)

Jackie McNamara (2 years and 8 months)

Mixu (5 months)

Ray McKinnon (1 year & 5 months)

... half of DUFC appointed by the Thompsons get less than 1 year in the job and only 2 managers in 15 years have stayed for 3 years and one of them got fired after winning the Scottish Cup and finishing 3rd, 4th and 3rd in the SPL!

'

Edited by Hoof Hearted