Ticket Office Enquiry

Hi

I bought 2 adult and 2 kids tickets at a charity night for one of our games, didn't realise they were for family stand so phoned ticket office asking if any chance they could give me just 2 tickets for the main stand as my family have season tickets in there and I normally buy tickets for there.  Despite the tickets being the same price and the fact that we have thousands of spare seats at every game they have said no chance we cant transfer them.

Also refused to give me a contact person to discuss this, just gave email address if I want to complain.  Makes no business sense but I wasn't surprised, explained I would be sitting myself possibly in family stand, if they swap for main stand even chance I will bring along a few people ! 

Anyone know who could help ? Ticket office just saying blanket policy and wont use any discretion. I could understand if I was upgrading the seats but they are the same price ! 

3 hours ago, kevmcnal said:

Hi

I bought 2 adult and 2 kids tickets at a charity night for one of our games, didn't realise they were for family stand so phoned ticket office asking if any chance they could give me just 2 tickets for the main stand as my family have season tickets in there and I normally buy tickets for there.  Despite the tickets being the same price and the fact that we have thousands of spare seats at every game they have said no chance we cant transfer them.

Also refused to give me a contact person to discuss this, just gave email address if I want to complain.  Makes no business sense but I wasn't surprised, explained I would be sitting myself possibly in family stand, if they swap for main stand even chance I will bring along a few people ! 

Anyone know who could help ? Ticket office just saying blanket policy and wont use any discretion. I could understand if I was upgrading the seats but they are the same price ! 

Might have known they wouldn't swap them - seem to do everything they can not to be customer-friendly sometimes. Emailing the liaison officers seems a good idea to me, as their job is to help fans with issues, so perhaps they'd see it as their duty to help.

Hope you get them changed, although might be difficult for the Morton game as it's looking like our biggest crowd of the season with tickets for the main and west stands selling fast.

4 hours ago, kevmcnal said:

Hi

Just out of interest , does it specify which game or is it an open ticket ?

Thanks guys, I emailed the liaison officer so will wait and hear. If they cant do anything I will just use the tickets and probably ask a mate who might normally go to main stand to come along with me.

The girl in the office had quite an attitude to be fair considering it was a reasonable request her tone was very poor. Even with a big crowd v Morton there will still be thousands of seats empty in the ground and up to 4000 empty seats for other games ! 

Customer Service doesn't seem to be a strong point, the reply should have been " No problem, on this one occasion we will swap the ticket for you no problem ! "

A few weeks ago I was 20 mins late getting to the game against the mighty Brechin  due to work, ticket office was shut which was fair enough so went to main reception to get a ticket, they said don't have tickets here for main stand ( reception is in main stand) you will need to go around to the West.

Advised them my daughter is in main stand and I just want to give you £20 to get in, if anything you should be happy to take my money and I am obviously not walking to another stand, a guy kitted out in saints gear who I assume must be backroom or ground staff overheard and suggested just let him leave the £20 at reception, honestly without him I might not have got in ! 

4 hours ago, kevmcnal said:

Thanks guys, I emailed the liaison officer so will wait and hear. If they cant do anything I will just use the tickets and probably ask a mate who might normally go to main stand to come along with me.

The girl in the office had quite an attitude to be fair considering it was a reasonable request her tone was very poor. Even with a big crowd v Morton there will still be thousands of seats empty in the ground and up to 4000 empty seats for other games ! 

Customer Service doesn't seem to be a strong point, the reply should have been " No problem, on this one occasion we will swap the ticket for you no problem ! "

A few weeks ago I was 20 mins late getting to the game against the mighty Brechin  due to work, ticket office was shut which was fair enough so went to main reception to get a ticket, they said don't have tickets here for main stand ( reception is in main stand) you will need to go around to the West.

Advised them my daughter is in main stand and I just want to give you £20 to get in, if anything you should be happy to take my money and I am obviously not walking to another stand, a guy kitted out in saints gear who I assume must be backroom or ground staff overheard and suggested just let him leave the £20 at reception, honestly without him I might not have got in ! 

I'm with you Kev. I think everyone should change everything to suit you.

5 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I'm with you Kev. I think everyone should change everything to suit you.

Would not say Kev is asking something that could not be fixed easily , however I'm sure training in customer service is not a high priority at most clubs but common sense you would like to think would prevail.

1 minute ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Would not say Kev is asking something that could not be fixed easily , however I'm sure training in customer service is not a high priority at most clubs but common sense you would like to think would prevail.

Maybe but if you want to buy tickets at the ticket office just get there in time. If you're late it's unlikely to be the club's fault.

Guest TPAFKATS
To be fair, I don't think crap customer service is the buddies preserve.
Can you imagine walking upto virtually any ground in the country at half time and trying to pay into the ground to see the second half? The mind boggles.

Sounds like you at East end park a few weeks ago [emoji41]

3 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Maybe but if you want to buy tickets at the ticket office just get there in time. If you're late it's unlikely to be the club's fault.

sounds like you would be perfect fit for a job mate lol, nobodys fault I was late but I am hardly going to sit in another stand and pay money to watch game on my own when my daughter is sitting in main stand , the club should be welcoming anybody who wants to attend a game even if they are 20 mins late,. . When ticket office shuts they should have a few spares for all parts of ground in main reception, there is no cost involved in that common sense approach.  

Edited by kevmcnal
typo

13 hours ago, kevmcnal said:

More to the point, did you manage to get a seat beside your daughter. :rolleyes: 

2 hours ago, pod said:

More to the point, did you manage to get a seat beside your daughter. :rolleyes: 

Yip, got in after saying it was up to them I wanted to buy ticket for main stand and wasn't bothered either way if I got in it was up to them , the guy mentioned before heard this and sorted it out. 

Mods, you can lock this post if you want as I will sort it out either way with ticket office, lets focus on the big game !

6 minutes ago, john scott said:

Without wanting to hijack the thread, will i be able to buy  west stand tickets at the main ticket office when i arrive in Paisley about 11am tomorrow? Or will we have to get  them from the west stand portacabin nearer KO? Would prefer to buy them early and be done.

If the geezer in the tracksuit is around should be a goer, if its Sulky Senga..?

10 minutes ago, john scott said:

Without wanting to hijack the thread, will i be able to buy  west stand tickets at the main ticket office when i arrive in Paisley about 11am tomorrow? Or will we have to get  them from the west stand portacabin nearer KO? Would prefer to buy them early and be done.

Yes, can get all tickets there before kick off, its only when game has started and they close the ticket office I had an issue as reception didn't have any tickets.

11 hours ago, Soctty said:

I'm with you - i think it's clear that we can afford to turn away paying customers, and alienate fans.

I take it this is your bad week...

It was more to do with someone using an open forum to complain about something that I think is so unusual that the club shouldn't be expected to provide for. I don't know why anyone should expect preferential treatment when it was nothing to do with the club why they were late.

And.. Any week where faraway and shull are allowed to roam free is a bad week for many, not just me.

It was more to do with someone using an open forum to complain about something that I think is so unusual that the club shouldn't be expected to provide for. I don't know why anyone should expect preferential treatment when it was nothing to do with the club why they were late.
And.. Any week where faraway and shull are allowed to roam free is a bad week for many, not just me.

You're right. A prospective paying customer directly outside the stand they wish to pay into shouldn't expect the organisation they are wishing to give money to to make it in any way straightforward for them to give them the money.

It's honestly like something from a comedy sketch show or a shit sitcom.

34 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Jesus Christ. It’s called going the extra mile for your customer. Or in this case more like the extra 3 inches.

I’m thinking you don’t work in the service industry. Or you do but aren’t very successful. 

1 minute ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Jesus Christ. It’s called going the extra mile for your customer. Or in this case more like the extra 3 inches.

I’m thinking you don’t work in the service industry. Or you do but aren’t very successful. 

And where does this extra mile stop? After the fourth, or fortieth. or eightieth? The cut off point is the start of the game. After that you can go to the other OPEN point of contact. It's not as if they were barring anyone from the stadium. I do work in the service industry and it would upset me greatly if someone came onto an open forum and complained when they actually HAD been sorted out even though they were, after all, to blame for the situation they found themselves in. Then they continue to slate the club for another issue which they hadn't looked into before buying tickets. It kind of takes the shine off of their good deed.

Surely it wouldn't be hard for the main office to have a handful of tickets for all the stands. Just say 1 of the away team supporters bus break down and are 15 mins late. Do you knock back 50 paying customers because they are late through no fault of their own ?