Saints player booked for diving today

uhura

Guest TPAFKATS
Isma Goncalves got a 2 game ban for a dive that won us a penalty against Celtic a few years back..

Aye, but he wasn't booked for it during the game ;-)

Don't think Reilly's today was a booking either

19 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

I didnt think Gavin dived either , it looked from where i was sitting that he had beat his man and was through on goal, hope the refs just made an arse of it.

My view of this too. The question for me was - why would he dive when he was through on goal?

Well party politics, sit down, take a deep breath and believe it. Here are the facts: he was booked. 

There is plenty of debate elsewhere about whether or not it was justified, but that is not relevant to my enquiry. 

Looking at the other replies, no one has so far has mentioned another instance of a St.Mirren being booked for diving. 

Does this mean that those of us who were there today witnessed something unique in a game that, for me at least, was otherwise forgettable. 

Well party politics, sit down, take a deep breath and believe it. Here are the facts: he was booked. 

There is plenty of debate elsewhere about whether or not it was justified, but that is not relevant to my enquiry. 

Looking at the other replies, no one has so far has mentioned another instance of a St.Mirren being booked for diving. 

Does this mean that those of us who were there today witnessed something unique in a game that, for me at least, was otherwise forgettable. 

ffs google it then if you’re not happy with the replies emoji6]

It defo looked a pen from W1, which is as good a view as there was. I didn't think our players complained too much though, which got me second guessing myself.

If he did dive it was a ludicrous decision as he was right through. If he never dove, and it looked a foul to me, it was a bloody awful decision from a ref who was awful all day.

Edited by the digger

Even jim Duffy thought it was a penalty. I thought the ref was very slow with showing the cards but handled the game OK. Both penalties were correct in my opinion. If I was Ross and Duffy I would be knocking the living daylights out of the offenders. Morgan was heading towards the corner flag no need for the Morton defender to put in a challenge. And as for buchannan if the referee pulls you up twice before the corner is taken you do not haul the Morton player to the ground while the ref is watching you. Bad decision on Gavins foul but as I was in W6 I went on the reaction of our players and initially thought the ref got it correct

7 hours ago, the digger said:

It defo looked a pen from W1, which is as good a view as there was. I didn't think our players complained too much though, which got me second guessing myself.

If he did dive it was a ludicrous decision as he was right through. If he never dove, and it never looked a foul to me, it was a bloody awful decision from a ref who was awful all day.

My thoughts as well from W1. 

Having seen the footage below, it looks a clear foul to me. No contact with the ball from the defender, but he definitely catches Reilly.

Difficult to tell, probably due to my B&W tinted specs, whether it was in or out of the box. I think it was on the 18 yard line, where clear contact was made. So a definite penalty then.:whistle

How a referee can make a definite decision that Reilly dived is beyond belief.

4 hours ago, FTOF said:

Having seen the footage below, it looks a clear foul to me. No contact with the ball from the defender, but he definitely catches Reilly.

Difficult to tell, probably due to my B&W tinted specs, whether it was in or out of the box. I think it was on the 18 yard line, where clear contact was made. So a definite penalty then.:whistle

How a referee can make a definite decision that Reilly dived is beyond belief.

If he'd given a free kick on the edge of the box that would have been understandable given it is hard to tell from the 2 camera whether the foul is in the box, it does show there was no dive and O'Ware should have been booked again and sent off.

Referees can't always get a good view of every incident but surely the main stand linesman should have been in between Jack Ross and Jim Duffy and able to see from that angle that it was a foul and red card instead of a booking for diving and McLean could also have consulted his assistants when Reilly pointed to the cut on his knee caused by the challenge where he 'dived'?

Really poor decision by the ref , but it's a difficult job with all the blatant diving cheats in the modern game.
Dele Alli won a free kick yesterday with an absolutely ridiculous dive, not that the English commentators highlighted it.
Think poor finishing by us, as much as poor refereeing cost us 2 points yesterday.

33 minutes ago, DumboBud said:

Paul McMullan was booked for diving at least once while playing for us, I think it was Livingston away a couple of seasons ago. 

I concur . .

Having now watched the footage of Gavin from that angle , it not have been a penalty but it was ceratinly a foul and as has been said O'Ware should have been gotten to f**k sent packing. .