Dundee United V St Mirren

St.Ricky

Forgive me and ignore me if there is aready a thread on this match. I love visits to Tannadice (I have a soft spot for United having watched them between 1966-1969). Clearly a tough game with us only 3 points clear at the top of the Championship. I hope we are allocated the Shed End again. Compact and close to the play. Difficult to call. A win would be great but a draw more than acceptabe for me. Others might take a different point of view.

3 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Forgive me and ignore me if there is aready a thread on this match. I love visits to Tannadice (I have a soft spot for United having watched them between 1966-1969). Clearly a tough game with us only 3 points clear at the top of the Championship. I hope we are allocated the Shed End again. Compact and close to the play. Difficult to call. A win would be great but a draw more than acceptabe for me. Others might take a different point of view.

It seems there's becoming a regular acceptance that a draw is good enough. I hope the manager and players have more ambition and belief or we'll slip into mid table oblivion. 

1 hour ago, linwood buddie said:

We definitely need to improve if we want to stay top of this league , yesterday  although we had the chances we ended up with a point , last week i thought a point against Falkirk away was a good result but after they get gubbed by QOS im not as sure. 

Fair points Lingwood.  For me a win yesterday would have seen us take 4 out of the first available points in the second quarter of the campaign (1 better than in the first two games of the season). Still much to do... I agree but a vast improvement on any start in recent seasons. Certainly no room for complacency.  A win against United would be fabulous ...a draw would not be a disaster. 

Just hope that you are as good as Shull for your score predictions [emoji3] or is that part of the plan?  :huh:

Ha, I can’t proclaim his genius.

Got the 2-2 yesterday correct though ;)

No, I think like a few we have rode our luck in recent times & United will win comfortably.

I never want us to lose, but can’t see us taking anything from this fixture.

Reading the Dumbarton v Dundee United thread on P&B, the general consensus is that united were quite poor and were helped in winning by a horrendous mistake 3 minutes in and a sending off.

United are no better than us. We should be aiming to beat them. However, that will only come if we stop our suicidal defending and are sharper in front of goal. 

14 hours ago, FTOF said:

Reading the Dumbarton v Dundee United thread on P&B, the general consensus is that united were quite poor and were helped in winning by a horrendous mistake 3 minutes in and a sending off.

United are no better than us. We should be aiming to beat them. However, that will only come if we stop our suicidal defending and are sharper in front of goal

After 2 clean sheets, the two goals yesterday were from a penalty that was not a penalty and a great shot from the midfield which clearly was a lack of cover from the midfield rather than the defence - but I take the point that midfielders are part of our defence as well as the offence. Generally I thought the defenders and keeper put in a fine shift yesterday (ok there were moments like Smith's error which let in Quitongo but Buchanan did enough to put him off)

The sharper in front of goal is most pertinent. We have loads of guys who can get a goal or two most weeks. If we manage to become more ruthless in front of goal the opposition will be less keen to attack us and work harder to keep the score-line down. If we believe and are determined, I think we will beat some teams by scoring 4, 5, or 6 - but some games will inevitably be tighter. The midfield needs to keep the concentration and protect the defence more.

Utd are there for the taking.. let's stop this "getting a draw will be good" nonsense .. a draw won't be a disaster.. but a win will stretch the lead and send out a clear message, "who wants to be second behind the Saints"

Shooting practice this week, players egging each other on to scoring and the whole team cutting out opposition chances.. hard work and mental strength added in with the obvious ability in all our players..     C O Y S

Only some Saints fans could be the below....

FFS- What other teams supporters would look at us losing a match against a totally shit Unite team with no manager... when form shows us getting at least a point

Caley trashed them , as did Livi- 2 teams we beat 7-3 on agg......

We haven't been anywhere near our best over last 2 games, but since Pars we have WWDD, so that's 8 points from 4 games and undefeated............ that's a sign of champions even when we are not playing our best.....

Anyone at game on Sat could see the wind impacted the way we like to play, and Ton fouling all over the pitch.......

Maybe its just the way people getting thru the day being negative assholes ............. that's fine ,  but as a SUPPORTER, I do just that....

Our next 3 matches are big, but our next 25 will define our destiny....................

Utd 1 Saints 2 ................... if that's allowed

Image result for we are all doomed dad's army

A game I would normally attend, but will be in hospital this saturday

A draw will see us getting caught if Livi win and will be damaging to morale.  We can't countenance that.  we need to be in top spot when the window opens so that we can strengthen and also as a bargaining chip if trying to keep current talent on until the end of the season