Dundee United V St Mirren

St.Ricky

Indeed, for now.
It would be foolish to ignore out current form.
Something needs to change, lost the momentum we had which is a big part of winning games IMO. 

Agreed, I personally don’t think we’ve played well since we gubbed Utd 3 nil at home, I honestly thought we were lucky Against ICT, QOS & Brechin.

At times I feel we are just trying to be a wee bit too clever with our play and teams are getting fly for it now.

This break could be a real blessing.

The season still has a long way to go, but at this stage we are just falling short of where we need to be to be able to survive in the Premiership (if we were to get there).

If we get a windfall from the sell-on clause for John McGinn (if he goes in January) and are able to hold on to Morgan for the rest of the season, we should direct any transfer money into strengthening in all areas of our team in January.

Otherwise, another season in the Championship would not be the end of the world.

A few stand outs today . Eckersley had one of his best games for us , but yet again Samson turned in a great performance and probably was our man of the match . He had 2 or 3 exceptional saves in the 2nd half to keep us in it and was very unlucky not to have been given a free kick in the lead up to their 2nd goal . Baird also put in a decent shift . 

5 minutes ago, munoz said:

A few stand outs today . Eckersley had one of his best games for us , but yet again Samson turned in a great performance and probably was our man of the match . He had 2 or 3 exceptional saves in the 2nd half to keep us in it and was very unlucky not to have been given a free kick in the lead up to their 2nd goal . Baird also put in a decent shift . 

Didn't Samson blunder for the first goal? 

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Didn't Samson blunder for the first goal? 

Was at the United end , so can't say for sure , but given that it looked like a free header and Jack Bairds reaction to his fellow defender for not marking up I assume , I'd say no . Who said that , the radio or Shull ?

Didn't think we were that bad but the first goal was not well defended. Didn't think McCart had a good game and despite a slight improvement after Sutton came on, the second looked like it was always coming. Don't think Lewis had a good game but maybe some of my observations should have been kept to myself. Fecking after expressing an opinion or two I discovered I was sitting next to his mum and dad. Oops sorry Mr & Mrs Morgan. I do think your son is awesome but....well they were doubling up on him in my defense. Next week I imagine we will be knocked of the top when we ain't playing and then it's the cup. Inverness away will be a tough one but we're due a win and my hotel is booked so come on Lewis and COYS.

Honestly we are struggling now everyone has worked us out cant believe we are still top after the last 4 or 5 weeks if we had been playing half decent we could be at least 8 points clear just now .And I think its down hill from hear on in  just need to hope we can some how hang in there .

45 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

The season still has a long way to go, but at this stage we are just falling short of where we need to be to be able to survive in the Premiership (if we were to get there).

If we get a windfall from the sell-on clause for John McGinn (if he goes in January) and are able to hold on to Morgan for the rest of the season, we should direct any transfer money into strengthening in all areas of our team in January.

Otherwise, another season in the Championship would not be the end of the world.

It would be another season in the Championship minus Lewis Morgan though

9 minutes ago, elvis said:

Honestly we are struggling now everyone has worked us out cant believe we are still top after the last 4 or 5 weeks if we had been playing half decent we could be at least 8 points clear just now .And I think its down hill from hear on in  just need to hope we can some how hang in there .

This guy has nothing on you !

image.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

It would be another season in the Championship minus Lewis Morgan though

I think we should push the boat out in the January transfer window. We are not going to have a better chance of promotion as this season. 

7 minutes ago, munoz said:

I think we should push the boat out in the January transfer window. We are not going to have a better chance of promotion as this season. 

But would we want to be promoted if we do not improve on our present level?

I agree that we could be promoted with this present team (because there is no clear leader of the pack at present), but we would require a significant step up in performance to survive in the top league if we were to gain promotion.

Considering where we were in the Championship this time last year, our management team can be relied upon to achieve that!