BBC Breakfast News - Irony Alert

southsidebud

I'm away with work so getting a chance to watch the Breakfast News.

Weird article today at a pig farm where the reporter was gushing about how cute the piglets were followed by long clips of said cute piglets. Then they were talking away to the farmers about how the weak pound was great for them as it meant 'meat' was too expensive to import and that their food business was doing really well. It then finished on another 'cute' shot of numerous piglets suckling on their mother

I'm not a vegetarian but I found the whole thing surreal and slightly macabre.

The best bacon roll available in this area is from Macks Snacks at the side of Decathlon at Braehead.Cooked to order,fat cut off,crispy McGhees roll,topped with onions,black pepper and Brown sauce.........all for £1:50.

Don't forget extra napkins as it's a messy wee snack.

10 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

How can Wayne Rooney be at 3?

Because he's a hyperdimensional genius, puny Earthlings can only comprehend three but I'm surprised a Magrathean like yourself hasn't noticed more - perhaps it's time to lay off the Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters! :guinness

super.string.theory.jpg Superstrings may exist in 11 dimensions at once.

Edited by Bud the Baker

There are no valid methods of proving that any animal is the "most intelligent" after humans.

So you can continue to eat pig meat without too much guilt, except for the fact that an animal has been slaughtered to feed you.

I've mostly cut down on processed meat, particularly bacon, because of the nitrites they use to cure it and their potential to form potentially carcinogenic nitrosamines.

Probably won't make a huge amount of difference, but I believe it's healthier for me.:lol:

Edited by FTOF

On 11/1/2017 at 12:59 PM, Froggie said:

I`m not vegetarian but as the pig is the most intelligent animal after us, we should think before eating them.

So it's OK to eat animals which are thick as shit?

If that is our criteria, half the population would vanish overnight.

Mind you it would solve overpopulation and the property price crisis at a stroke. 

It would also end the days of shull and Faraway polluting this forum with unadulterated shite so maybe you are onto something.

26 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Because he's a hyperdimensional genius, puny Earthlings can only comprehend three.

Actually most humans can comprehend 4 dimensions.

3 spatial co-ordinates and one temporal co-ordinate.

I say most..........I am being pretty generous there.

Edited by oaksoft

8 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

So it's OK to eat animals which are thick as shit?

If that is our criteria, half the population would vanish overnight.

Mind you it would solve overpopulation and the property price crisis at a stroke. 

It would also end the days of shull and Faraway polluting this forum with unadulterated shite so maybe you are onto something.

Says the man with no friends. :lol:

Exhilarating right enough. :byebye

11 hours ago, FTOF said:

There are no valid methods of proving that any animal is the "most intelligent" after humans.

So you can continue to eat pig meat without too much guilt, except for the fact that an animal has been slaughtered to feed you.

I've mostly cut down on processed meat, particularly bacon, because of the nitrites they use to cure it and their potential to form potentially carcinogenic nitrosamines.

Probably won't make a huge amount of difference, but I believe it's healthier for me.:lol:

The additives in meat are of increasing concern for us , that is true .  Pork is also difficult for our bodies to digest .

Pig farming also has a big impact on the environment . This is covered in the documentary What the Health. .