ICT vs St. Mirren 25/11/17

Bud the Baker

With the Livingston game postponed this will be our next league fixture, three Saturdays from now.

The tight division that many of us predicted is coming to pass with QotS in 5th place only 2 points behind us and we're unlikely to be top going into the match.

Big game for us at a ground where we've rarely done well and a game you'd expect us to have to win given our recent form (2pts from 3 games) to get out title bid back on course and despite ICT's mediocre form so far this season I don't expect it to be easy - a game to sort the men from the boys. :oohlala

ICT have emulated us to an extent by throwing away the legacy of a major cup win in double quick time and after the debacle of Foran's management tenure they went leftfield and appointed John Robertson as manager - a move which surprised everybody including the man himself. The disharmony continued with the sale of Ross Draper, one of their better players, to local rivals Ross County in murky circumstances back in August. Their form has improved over the last couple of months but by Championship standards there is nothing exceptional about their team.

As for us you'd hope that a three week gap with the exception of the SC tie against LTHV would allow our players to get their edge back and hopefully see the return of Gary&Harry to the first team squad.

Like I said even though it's away and at a ground where we have a poor record I feel it's a "must win" for a team with title ambitions. Despite their poor start ICT will not have written the season off as they will be receiving a windfall courtesy of Celtic reaching the CL group stages of £375k which could easily turn the season round for them if they're within touching distance of the top come the January window.

Edited by Bud the Baker

We need to freshen things up, with only 3 shots on target against United, I feel we have dropped back rather than continue to lead. Love to see Davis, Mackenzie back in fold asap..

One thing was clear with all those corners is we could do with some height in the team  No I am not doing a Strachan, but we need to able to mix it, and just seems over last 3 games   we only have a Plan A.......................

Rest is good for us, 6 games left in this quarter, I feel we need 4 wins and a draw, taking us to 15 points for second set and 36 points after 18 I am sure will start to open a gap with the top 4, so I am not panicking just yet...............

Saints only win when I do an Elvis

So 5-0 Caley

2 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Dunfermline are at home to Morton on Tuesday 21st. If they win they’ll go top

I'd have gotten away with that post if it wasn't for you and yer pesky knowledge! :spud5

I really set that one up for you Mr. Orwell with my inclusion of Newspeak. :specs

Edited by Bud the Baker

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Big game, after yesterdays first half scoring spree, the players should be confident of finding the net.

As usual, keeping them out is more of a problem.

A win for me 1-2. 

2-1 Saints for me also . We need to try and win this one , and I think we will .