Scotland v Ukraine Under 21 Euro Qualifier 14/11/17

shull

I didn’t think Mallan was THAT bad. He was very heavily involved in the game and always wanted the ball so inevitably a few things didn’t come off. I thought his dead ball deliveries were good, as was his passing for the most part. It’s true that as the game wore on his deliveries into the box from open play were poor and he definitely left his shooting boots at home tonight. 

30 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

On this evidence Stevie Mallan has regressed significantly since he left Paisley.

Nothing here to suggest he will be getting a chance at Barnsley any time soon.

7 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I didn’t think Mallan was THAT bad. He was very heavily involved in the game and always wanted the ball so inevitably a few things didn’t come off. I thought his dead ball deliveries were good, as was his passing for the most part. It’s true that as the game wore on his deliveries into the box from open play were poor and he definitely left his shooting boots at home tonight. 

I think it's unfair to judge any player on one game.

Somebody on here gave Tierney, Celtic, a roasting against Bayern a few weeks ago when, admittedly, he was poor.

If anybody had seen Tierney play more than once they would clearly see he is class and, IMO, is destined for bigger and better things.

Mallan is a class act, I do wonder how long he will be content with getting no first team football.

If we get a windfall for Morgan spend it on Mallan, top league here we come. 

22 minutes ago, melmac said:

Mallan has not played any real competitive games since he left us, how can you expect him to perform.

Based on that insightful gem of logic there is no way that Mallan should have been picked for this tie. So should Scott Gemmill be slammed for selecting Mallan tonight when no one could expect him to perform ? 

Based on that insightful gem of logic there is no way that Mallan should have been picked for this tie. So should Scott Gemmill be slammed for selecting Mallan tonight when no one could expect him to perform ? 

Surely every game is a competitive game. The fact mallan is regularly playing against guys of similar level to him means he is still playing competitive football? If the scottish championship was better than his current level he'd be walking it.....folk need to waken up....our level is nowhere near good enough.

I was at Perth to watch the Latvia game. Agree with the comment made earlier that it was amazing that such a one sided game finished with Scotland needing a 93rd Minute Penalty to take a point.  Personally, I thought that Morgan played very well, I thought Mallan ran the show in midfield but had left his shooting boots at home. Smith was solid until a tactical switch saw him leave the field and Hardy (never too popular during his time with us) looked dangerous and could have had a hat-trick after coming on as a sub. Latvia's only player of note (17) scored their goal. Scotland's number 8 was a livewire. Hope to be at Perth on Tuesday V Ukraine.  (Good to hear the Saint's fans at the game supporting the Buddies and Ex Buddies in the team.)