Graham Carey

Unfortunately we could in all probability never afford him now, even as a top flight team.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who was absolutely enthralled by his ability to pull a rabbit out of a hat during his spell in Paisley, although the cries of @ you fat bastard still ring in my ears,  the man is inconsistent but one of that rare breed that can turn a game on its head with a single move.

Graham Carey, Feckin legend,

That is a great clip to watch!!

Really upsetting when you consider what we did with that cup winning squad. So many good young players let go.

Carey was brilliant at points his performance at left back in the league cup semi was brilliant.

However I do remember seeing him sometimes and thinking where is his desire. He probably goes into the Aaron Mooy type category in that it's a real shame we couldn't have got more out of him in his time at the club.

1 hour ago, Hambud said:

That is a great clip to watch!!

Really upsetting when you consider what we did with that cup winning squad. So many good young players let go.

Carey was brilliant at points his performance at left back in the league cup semi was brilliant.

However I do remember seeing him sometimes and thinking where is his desire. He probably goes into the Aaron Mooy type category in that it's a real shame we couldn't have got more out of him in his time at the club.

Yes, the League Cup final.

And in the dying 45 seconds Danny is telling Graham Carey to run the ball down the left into the corner.

Instead Graham, moves inside to his right and nutmegs the Hearts player and draws a foul.

Game over. I told the ladies standing around me that we had just won the cup even though the whistle hadn't gone.

They didn't understand why I knew that. 

As we all know the whistle went as soon as the foul was taken and the ball was blasted towards the Saints fans behind the goal.

I still think of the huge risk Graham took turning inside instead of running down the line towards the corner flag.

Had he been dispossessed the ball would have been given one last "Hail Mary" punt into the St. Mirren box. 

And in the dying 45 seconds Danny is telling Graham Carey to run the ball down the left into the corner.
Instead Graham, moves inside to his right and nutmegs the Hearts player and draws a foul.
Game over. I told the ladies standing around me that we had just won the cup even though the whistle hadn't gone.
As we all know the whistle went as soon as the foul was taken and the ball was blasted towards the Saints fans behind the goal.
I still think of the huge risk Graham took turning inside instead of running down the line towards the corner flag.
Had he been dispossessed the ball would have been given one last "Hail Mary" punt into the St. Mirren box. 

I'm sure the foul was by Webster and he got a yellow card for his troubles [emoji460]

For me he was better in the semi. We were all worried with him at left back as Dummett was briefly back at Newcastle but he was fine.

We went through a patch with both him and Goodwin in the back line around the same sort of time and we played some pretty good football having guys who could actually pass it out from the back.

On 15/11/2017 at 10:48 PM, Hambud said:

For me he was better in the semi. We were all worried with him at left back as Dummett was briefly back at Newcastle but he was fine.

We went through a patch with both him and Goodwin in the back line around the same sort of time and we played some pretty good football having guys who could actually pass it out from the back.

Graham's performance against his old team that day was exceptional , thought I saw the guy play his best for us  . Everything just fell into place that day and it is possibly the best game of football I have been too , it is certainly up there with the Fergie years. .

• 1 year later...
14 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

That article smacks of having been written by an AI bot. There's something off about it.

It's becoming commonplace nowadays to have these auto-generated pieces.

I think the guy who wrote this is in one of the Facebook football groups I’m in. Pretty sure he’s posted this website in the group saying what he was trying to do. 

I’m not sure who he supports but it does seem like he’s making an effort to give us stories on teams who aren’t Celtic or Sevco, but his information and knowledge is probably quite limited.

1 hour ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I think the guy who wrote this is in one of the Facebook football groups I’m in. Pretty sure he’s posted this website in the group saying what he was trying to do. 

I’m not sure who he supports but it does seem like he’s making an effort to give us stories on teams who aren’t Celtic or Sevco, but his information and knowledge is probably quite limited.

I'm not on Facebook but have read a few different articles on this page. It is probably written by someone quite young,  but at least it is relatively informative. I hadn't seen he (Carey) had moved again anywhere else. 

• 3 years later...
4 hours ago, truesaint said:

15 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Jesus christ. 

2 hours ago, exiledfan said:

Nice to see a player who played well for us return.

Carey when he signed for us full time was a huge let down. We waited and waited all summer and he showed up out of shape, struggling to keep pace and just couldn't get a run.

When it did finally come off, he showed flashes of brilliance but he was never good enough to play left back every week - Plymouth sorted this and turned him to a number 10 to fantastic effect.

If we were pursuing St. Johnstone's really lazy transfer policy - guys like Drey Wright, and Andy Considine, now Carey - I'd be having major concerns right now.