Sign in to follow this  
st jock

St. Mirren ladies team

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Some of the comments on here are hilarious.

And to think we all believe the dinosaurs died out millions of years ago. :lol:

Imagine thinking that trying to engage half the population was "pissing money away". :lol:

An educated man like yourself should know that dinosaurs are still around.  Flying around, to be precise.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Some of the comments on here are hilarious.

And to think we all believe the dinosaurs died out millions of years ago. :lol:

Imagine thinking that trying to engage half the population was "pissing money away". :lol:

I find it hilarious too, that some think this is a great idea,

All about opinions.

On 20/11/2017 at 9:28 PM, Stu said:

Haha no! Took me a while to work out the league structure on the website but got there in the end. I think.

Hehehe you did very well, that’s correct!! I play for bishopton ladies you see

4 hours ago, oaksoft said:

How good do you think mens football was in the 1880s?

No idea, and to be frank, neither do you.

4 hours ago, oaksoft said:

More likely to be vomiting I would have thought.

Nope drooling and dribbling all the way. They must see something in me you don't Oaky. Then again, you don't even know me do you.

Anyway, I'd a fair idea you'd be the Prime Minister of Outrage at the very suggestion of my posts. However, if I strip away the parts slightly loaded to hook gullible, humourless muppets like yergidsel, I would say the following.

I have no beef with women playing football. I have no beef with women doing absolutely anything that men have traditionally been more associated with. However, I reserve the right to my opinion that the standard of women's football is utter pish and I also reserve the right to have zero interest in it until that standard improves. I hope that's ok with you.

Obviously, as ever you'll want to have the last word, so knock yourself out and we'll leave it at that.

By the way, women goalies...:lol::lol:

6 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Anyway, I'd a fair idea you'd be the Prime Minister of Outrage at the very suggestion of my posts. However, if I strip away the parts slightly loaded to hook gullible, humourless muppets like yergidsel, I would say the following.

Aha. The classic dinosaur tactic of saying something indefensible, then accusing those who pull them up as being "outraged" and "lacking a sense of humour". :lol:

9 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

No idea, and to be frank, neither do you.

Well I think you are perfectly capable of making a reasonable guess FFS. :lol:

There isn't a sport in the world which has not improved considerably over time as technology and knowledge improves.

You and the rest of the dinosaurs are on the wrong side of history yet again on this issue.

Womans football is getting bigger every year and will eventually catch the mens game once they have the same money, facilities, support and publicity that the men get.

I should add though that you are perfectly entitled to your bigotted viewpoint.

At some point your generation will die and take their attitudes with them.

3 hours ago, barrhead saint said:

I find it hilarious too, that some think this is a great idea,

All about opinions.

I agree. I have no problem with your bigotted attitudes as long as you have no problem being pulled up on them.

The idea of signing players from other teams and create a female football team to compete in a league won't increase St Mirren fanbase . That said to set up a street sport type project promoting opportunities for females to play football on a regular basis would be a great idea . 

23 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I agree. I have no problem with your bigotted attitudes as long as you have no problem being pulled up on them.

I wouldn't say thinking woman's football is pish, means you are a bigot.

I'm happy to be corrected though, by the expert who thinks it will catch up with the men's game.

1 hour ago, munoz said:

For anyone who is interested in the history of women's football, they  should give this program a watch. Very interesting and informative.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/when-football-banned-women

There was a brilliant book covering the first 100 years of the "Football League", it covered this situation in quite a lot of detail and was an interesting read.

There were many crowds for women's football that were larger than the equivalent fixture for a men's game.

Edited by WeeBud

Ladies football may take over. Once tackles and heading are banned they might have a chance. Still need to improve their goalies though.

Naw, they’ve got the goalkeeping well covered.

It’s well documented that women let everything in but the balls.

4 hours ago, barrhead saint said:

I wouldn't say thinking woman's football is pish, means you are a bigot.

I'm happy to be corrected though, by the expert who thinks it will catch up with the men's game.

Don’t bother mate. I said I’d let him get his little hardon by giving him the last word so I’ve no intention of countering his ridiculous notion that thinking the standard is  pish represents a bigoted view.

i will admit though to being really tempted to respond saying “Bigotted? You couldn’t even spell bigoted” but I resisted. 

Not sure if Beyond our Ken was being facetious when he said it was mysoginistic but that of course would be an equally ridiculous notion, so I’ll assume he was. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

10 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I don't know if you are joking or not but actually there is absolutely no physical reason why women cannot play alongside men in the same team. If a woman is good enough she should be able to be called into the main squad.

:lol::lol::lol:

Showing, again, you have no idea about football or sport.

Give's us a list of competitive sports that women can currently compete with men? 

Run along, you must have a problem to solve. :byebye

Edited by faraway saint

51 minutes ago, guinness said:

Ladies football may take over. Once tackles and heading are banned they might have a chance. Still need to improve their goalies though.

Oh, don't start me on women goalies.

They should only be mentioned in the "funny as feck" thread. :lol:

5 hours ago, oaksoft said:

There isn't a sport in the world which has not improved considerably over time as technology and knowledge improves.

What's the relevance in this to football? 

Are you suggesting women get bigger or better football boots? :lol:

Womans football is high on the FA's Grow the Game agenda and with more and more girls/women playing the game, St Mirren should explore developing teams at all age groups, not just 1 adult ladies team.

As that will take time, they should start looking at the foundations for all age groups from U7's through to ladies teams.
Given, at present, girls teams are made over 2 school years (boys are over 1 school year but younger players can play up a year), there is plenty scope to start laying the blocks to get a number of teams in place for the start of next season.

I'd more than be happy to support SMISA's 3 monthly spend being invested in growing the game/club with some funding to start girls/womens football teams.
An exciting development for the club.

Edited by Graeme Aitken

Showing, again, you have no idea about football or sport.
Give's us a list of competitive sports that women can currently compete with men? 
Run along, you must have a problem to solve. :byebye

Eventing.
Equestrian.
Show Jumping.
Dressage.
Horse Racing.

Neigh bother to find some.

Just now, cockles1987 said:

Eventing.
Equestrian.
Show Jumping.
Dressage.
Horse Racing.

Neigh bother to find some. emoji206.png

You really don't understand the difference of sports that requires a physical presence, although, maybe for the simple minded,  I should have made this clearer.  :rolleyes:

Your fascination with horses is a serious concern. :P

You really don't understand the difference of sports that requires a physical presence, although, maybe for the simple minded,  I should have made this clearer.  :rolleyes:
Your fascination with horses is a serious concern. 

I'm sorry that you cannot write properly.

But then, not always necessary