Aberdeen v St Mirren Bet Fred Cup

shull

When the draw was made I thought it was a shit draw, unlikely we would win, long travel for supporters................
There's been a we bit of water under the bridge since then I seriously think we have a chance.
We've tightened up our defence and are back in the winning habit, a major factor for me.
As luck would have it I'll be home and there, wearing as many fecking layers as possible as it'll be fecking freezing. 

The weather isn’t the only thing that will be chilly next Saturday; the Dons could be caught cold after their two week holiday and trip to warmer climes.

Got a feeling we could win this - so could be a good day at hospitality for you FS.

BBC One (with central heating cranked up) for me [emoji4]

On 11/20/2017 at 5:15 PM, shull said:

Nothing to fear. 

Especially if DULL AND DREARY DEREK is still the Dons Manager 

Aberdeen 1 St Mirren 2

Crowd  8787

Had a change of mind

Aberdeen 1 St Mirren 3

Crowd  6987

Easy

32 minutes ago, gc_SMFC said:
37 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:
Famous 3 Kings right outside West Kensington tube station is always a good shout. 

Excellent was considering taking in Fulham against Burton as well so that would suit.

That’s your best shout then. Loads of tellys to keep everyone happy. Last time I was there to watch the Buds I watched it in a wee snug bit upstairs. Was excellent and a few other Buds there too.

Tough tough match against Scotland's 2nd best side...

What chance have we got according to the many who  think getting a point at Dumbarton would be a good result...

Well, we have to give it our best go.. be well organised and remember next season we will be playing them 4 times...

Aberdeen are strong in every department - but that certainly does not mean that we cannot beat them.. but we have to be at our best for 90 minutes - concentration, winning mentality, fighting all the way and whether we go a goal down or one ahead, playing as if our lives depended upon it..

We cam test our sharpness in this one, but hopefully we can defy the odds and go through..

3 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Tough tough match against Scotland's 2nd best side...

What chance have we got according to the many who  think getting a point at Dumbarton would be a good result...

Well, we have to give it our best go.. be well organised and remember next season we will be playing them 4 times...

Aberdeen are strong in every department - but that certainly does not mean that we cannot beat them.. but we have to be at our best for 90 minutes - concentration, winning mentality, fighting all the way and whether we go a goal down or one ahead, playing as if our lives depended upon it..

We cam test our sharpness in this one, but hopefully we can defy the odds and go through..

We got three, so maybe their opinions have changed and they think we have a chance.  Sorted.

I have a sneaky feeling we might beat Aberdeen at Pittodrie or after a replay then draw Celtic in the next round.

This would result in a dilema for Celtic and Morgan. Can Morgan play against his parent club?

It's pie in the sky but it would be an interesting talking point.

I think on our day we could cause an upset. Morgan will shine on the big stage as he has done on a few occasions. It will be interesting to see he fares against Shay Logan who is a tidy player and very fast like Morgan.

Everyone at St Mirren will want to test themselves against a good Aberdeen team from Cammy Smith to Jack Ross.

It's got the makings of a great spectacle. The BBC will be delighted they have picked this one.

COYS!

10 hours ago, Mr Zo said:

I have a sneaky feeling we might beat Aberdeen at Pittodrie or after a replay then draw Celtic in the next round.

This would result in a dilema for Celtic and Morgan. Can Morgan play against his parent club?

It's pie in the sky but it would be an interesting talking point.

I think on our day we could cause an upset. Morgan will shine on the big stage as he has done on a few occasions. It will be interesting to see he fares against Shay Logan who is a tidy player and very fast like Morgan.

Everyone at St Mirren will want to test themselves against a good Aberdeen team from Cammy Smith to Jack Ross.

It's got the makings of a great spectacle. The BBC will be delighted they have picked this one.

COYS!

With their wealth of resources, it would be utterly embarrassing for Celtic to refuse Morgan permission to play against them, but I certainly wouldn’t put it past them. 

Small matter of beating Aberdeen first though. 

Willie Miller can't see us causing Aberdeen any problems at all, based entirely on the first half against a very stuffy Dumbarton side. Personally i think we'll give a good account of ourselves against a team who will look to take the game to us, leaving more space in behind than many of the teams in the Championship. Their quality should pay off in the end, but I wouldn't put a shock result beyond us, especially with guys like Morgan in the team, and with Smith looking to prove a point, not to mention Gavin Reilly looking to end his 1 game goal drought...

This is a game I would have liked to have seen us with a more defensive player in the midfield up against a better quality of opposition, but time will tell.

2 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Willie Miller can't see us causing Aberdeen any problems at all, based entirely on the first half against a very stuffy Dumbarton side. Personally i think we'll give a good account of ourselves against a team who will look to take the game to us, leaving more space in behind than many of the teams in the Championship. Their quality should pay off in the end, but I wouldn't put a shock result beyond us, especially with guys like Morgan in the team, and with Smith looking to prove a point, not to mention Gavin Reilly looking to end his 1 game goal drought...

This is a game I would have liked to have seen us with a more defensive player in the midfield up against a better quality of opposition, but time will tell.

Still early. You never know.

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

With their wealth of resources, it would be utterly embarrassing for Celtic to refuse Morgan permission to play against them, but I certainly wouldn’t put it past them. 

There's no way Celtic would allow Morgan to play against them. Why would they? Imagine he scored or set up a goal to knock them out the cup. The same happened last season when Aberdeen played them and Christie couldn't play

Beat them without Morgan after beating Aberdeen with him......that would be glorious.....can but dream.

1 minute ago, Soctty said:

Aye it can happen, just not convinced this is the right time to tinker with a winning team - in 2013 we were often struggling in the league. Happy as always to be proved wrong by the manager.

Edited that to take Newton out of the equation as I think he played in the Ross County game. But Isma's impact was immediate.

7 minutes ago, Big Yards said:

There's no way Celtic would allow Morgan to play against them. Why would they? Imagine he scored or set up a goal to knock them out the cup. The same happened last season when Aberdeen played them and Christie couldn't play

It will be in the contract of the loan, don't think its something they can just decide at the drop of a hat.  Dont see any reason Celtic should be scared of the challenge of facing him.  League is a bit different from the cup in my opinion on these matters.

Anyway, we have the relative minnows of Aberdeen to contend with before worrying about that.

With their squad they should beat us quite easily at home.  I did have a worry of a repeat of the League Cup fiasco against Partick if we had to play Premier League opposition again but the defence is solid now with big Harry back and Jack on a good run of form.

If Aberdeen are still on holiday mode after Dubai we will beat them.  Going to be an interesting game, and a good test of how far we have come.

This is almost a freebie of a game. Our players can go out and play with a controlled freedom. The pressure is entirely with the home team. Keep them quiet for the first 15-20 minutes then let our flair players go at them. I believe that, on their day, our players should be good enough to compete with Premier League opposition.