Aberdeen v St Mirren Bet Fred Cup

shull

15 minutes ago, dani bongo said:

It was a hard shift for us yesterday, playing a team well above our current level and the only team in Scotland who pressure Cellic for the league. Stupid mistakes cost us and that is the difference at the top level

That's what made the defeat hard to take, individual mistakes and Ross must have been frustrated as, mistakes apart, we were in the game in the first half. 

Second half was a non event after it went to 4-1. 

2 hours ago, Mr Optimistic said:

While the game was littered by individual errors and some of our top performers were not at their best, to suggest anyone who plays for this St Mirren team just now is a wage thief makes you look a very very silly man indeed! :D

I didnt suggest any individual was a wage thief. As i clearly said in response to a poster who seemed to believe players not getting involved was in some way to their credit, i stated a player who thinks its ok to not get involved is a wage thief!

i think the overwhelming majority of saints fans, and football fans across the world wouls see it the same way.

2 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Do you honestly think if we had played County, Thistle or Dundee yesterday we would have been horsed???

I just don't see it, I honestly think this squad would be fine in lower half of premier league of course we would be in danger of relegation along with another 5 teams but definitely wouldn't be adrift at the bottom.

Looking at it another way would County, Thistle or Dundee be sitting

Do you honestly think if we had played County, Thistle or Dundee yesterday we would have been horsed 4-1???

I just don't see it, I honestly think this squad would be fine in lower half of premier league of course we would be in danger of relegation along with another 3/4/5 teams but definitely wouldn't be adrift at the bottom.

Looking at it another way would County, Thistle or Dundee be sitting 8 points clear at the top of the league if they were in this season's championship???

Imo no they wouldn't they would probably be in top 4 but just don't think they would be 8 clear at the top.

I really dont get where your question is coming from? Who suggested we would have been horsed by those other three teams had we played them yesterday? Not I....

but i did point out when we have played Premiership opposition this season we have been horsed each time. Their is an obvious gulf in strength, fitness, thinking and attitude between where we are, and where we would need to be, to stay competitive in the Premiership. That will only be bridged by recruiting more players who are at, or can step up to that challenge.

17 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I didnt suggest any individual was a wage thief. As i clearly said in response to a poster who seemed to believe players not getting involved was in some way to their credit, i stated a player who thinks its ok to not get involved is a wage thief!

i think the overwhelming majority of saints fans, and football fans across the world wouls see it the same way.

You don't half talk some shite and twist things to suit your blinkered view. :1eye

6 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:
30 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:
I really dont get where your question is coming from? Who suggested we would have been horsed by those other three teams had we played them yesterday? Not I....
but i did point out when we have played Premiership opposition this season we have been horsed each time. Their is an obvious gulf in strength, fitness, thinking and attitude between where we are, and where we would need to be, to stay competitive in the Premiership. That will only be bridged by recruiting more players who are at, or can step up to that challenge.

I don't think you can really take much from the scores in a pre-season friendly and a game that was essentially treated as a pre-season friendly.

You can if you'r continually trying to undermine the manager. 

27 minutes ago, Mr Optimistic said:

While the game was littered by individual errors and some of our top performers were not at their best, to suggest anyone who plays for this St Mirren team just now is a wage thief makes you look a very very silly man indeed! :D

Without even stopping to think of any player at the club who might fit that bill, do you honestly think there are no wage thieves in a winning side?

I think there were one or two.who fell short of earning their corn yesterday though, but would not dream of mentioning names as it was a symptom of being second best in most areas rather than wilfully coasting or hiding. What the players need to understand is how high the bar really is and that it gets higher the closer we get to the premiership.   That is yesterday's lessonq

Fair enough you didn't say we would get horsed from them but is there really such an obvious gulf???

Ross County was a pre season friendly and Jack admitted just last week he totally made a mess of the Thistle game & Aberdeen well they have been discussed over and over last 24 hours so are we really going to use them to judge our ability to compete in SPL.

I really wanted anyone outwith Old Firm, Aberdeen, Hearts or Hibs in Scottish cup this year as really fancied our chances against anyone else.

We have done great since July & don't think wholesale changes are needed but let's get the league championship won first see what players are staying for premiership let Jack add who he needs and take it from there.

Was part of the near 600 saints supporters at Aberdeen yesterday and in over 42 years of going and watching st.mirren I don't think I have ever witnessed the length of constant singing from the saints fans, which was outstanding........ A credit to the club, how to truly support your team, and kept a smile on my face.

We have 14 games left in the championship, it will not be a formality and likely there will be some bumps along the way and yes there will be more individual errors..... Getting on players backs seems to be a joyful pass time of some on here, really don't get it, would prefer that the energy was focussed on getting right behind the team.... Probably a wish to far ....  For the remainder of the season and giving the team and staff the best possible support, which I believe they truly deserve. (Too many with short memories on here)

When I left the stadium to the bus, was I disappointed at the result... Yes, but not completely surprised....... But overwhelming feeling was proud to be a St.Mirren fan, part of that support and continue to look forward positively to every game.... Looking out of the bus seeing saints fans with a smile on their face and a spring in their step as they headed into Aberdeen for rehydration!, I believe most were of a similar opinion...... Only 5 more sleeps to the next challenge ..... COYS, get the vocal chords ready for Dunfermline 

19 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Stelios is a winger, filling in at full back and yes as soon as Eckersley is fit he'll replace him there. Played as a winger he would/will be a decent member of the squad in the premiership.

Not a chance he is a winger, and any time he’s played wide midfield he’s been utterly honking.

he’s potentially best suited to a wingback role in a 352 formation, but that’s not a trendy formation at the moment. He’s fine as he is now when we are generally on the front foot in the Championship, but not sure if he’s a defender that would thrive with backs to the wall type football week in, week out.

11 hours ago, Lager Tops said:

Was part of the near 600 saints supporters at Aberdeen yesterday and in over 42 years of going and watching st.mirren I don't think I have ever witnessed the length of constant singing from the saints fans, which was outstanding........ A credit to the club, how to truly support your team, and kept a smile on my face.

We have 14 games left in the championship, it will not be a formality and likely there will be some bumps along the way and yes there will be more individual errors..... Getting on players backs seems to be a joyful pass time of some on here, really don't get it, would prefer that the energy was focussed on getting right behind the team.... Probably a wish to far ....  For the remainder of the season and giving the team and staff the best possible support, which I believe they truly deserve. (Too many with short memories on here)

When I left the stadium to the bus, was I disappointed at the result... Yes, but not completely surprised....... But overwhelming feeling was proud to be a St.Mirren fan, part of that support and continue to look forward positively to every game.... Looking out of the bus seeing saints fans with a smile on their face and a spring in their step as they headed into Aberdeen for rehydration!, I believe most were of a similar opinion...... Only 5 more sleeps to the next challenge ..... COYS, get the vocal chords ready for Dunfermline 

POST OF THE WEEK ....

Sorry mate I was being facetious. The support were great today I did understand you were talking about other players. [emoji6]

I know (see the comment before about a particular League Cup Semi Final) just making sure others did too. No need to apologise...I think the perspective thread about what a difference a year makes is stands true for the fans as well as the team mind you...

Oh well so much for Aberdeen being the second best team in Scotland. They just got pumped into third place. If we'd waited a week we could have pumped them too.  Looks like the old firm might have regained their top two crowns meaning Jack will have to have learned enough to split or even beat them  next season because the rest of them are rank.

Oops just woke up. Must have been dreaming.

We're not even in the premier league yet and the Tony Fitz  madness has gripped everyone.

Let's just hope we can beat the Pars. One step at a time boys and we could be on our way.

Edited by East Lothian Saint
Dreaming

10 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:
12 hours ago, East Lothian Saint said:
Oh well so much for Aberdeen being the second best team in Scotland. They just got pumped into third place. If we'd waited a week we could have pumped them too.  Looks like the old firm might have regained their top two crowns meaning Jack will have to have learned enough to split or even beat them  next season because the rest of them are rank.
We're not even in the premier league yet and the Tony Fitz  madness has gripped everyone.
Let's just hope we can beat the Pars. One step at a time boys and we could be on our way.

There's no such thing as the old firm, get a f**king grip of yourself, man.

Call them what and whoever you like but there is absolutely no doubt that Glasgow's ugly sisters are still in cahoots.......see Colt team introduction to League 2 for example. Old Firm, New Firm, Split Up Firm .............. still two piles of steaming shite!!

Edited by WeeBud

6 hours ago, WeeBud said:

Call them what and whoever you like but there is absolutely no doubt that Glasgow's ugly sisters are still in cahoots.......see Colt team introduction to League 2 for example. Old Firm, New Firm, Split Up Firm .............. still two piles of steaming shite!!

They are not in cahoots, its simply the SPL bending over the table to both of them as per...................Wish they would go join the Conference in Englandshire and be done with it

16 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:
18 hours ago, East Lothian Saint said:

There's no such thing as the old firm, get a f**king grip of yourself, man.

There is Slart- It just happened to be consigned to history in 2012

That's like saying there is no such thing as Third Lanark, Elvis, Queen Victoria and Hitler

Just cause something dies it doesn't mean it doesn't exist ............................

Have I pissed u off yet??:D

Edited by DougJamie

1 minute ago, Slartibartfast said:

There "was", not "is". You're just being silly now. emoji14.png

Your just playing with Words now:P

Not one paper reported the last Celtic- The Rangers tie as anything other than the Old Firm, SKY billed it as the Old Firm. So yes I am being silly but I am not alone  :whistle

Much as I wish it weren’t so, there is absolutely no question that Rangers are still Rangers and The Old Firm is still The Old Firm.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is quite simply in denial. 

Same strip, same stadium, same ugly knuckle dragging fans, same retained history and trophy’s.

Please lets not kid ourselves that because a faceless, soulless corporate entity ceased to exist, that “Rangers” ceased to exist. It makes us look petty, small, jealous whatever. 

Frankly it makes us look as bad as them. 

They cheated, they got punished (perhaps not as heavily as some may have liked) now they are back and while they were away, the SPL shat it’s pants and never took the only opportunity they will ever get to change the rules. 

The status quo has been preserved and we all better just quit whining and get on with it. 

7 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Much as I wish it weren’t so, there is absolutely no question that Rangers are still Rangers and The Old Firm is still The Old Firm.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is quite simply in denial. 

Same strip, same stadium, same ugly knuckle dragging fans, same retained history and trophy’s.

Please lets not kid ourselves that because a faceless, soulless corporate entity ceased to exist, that “Rangers” ceased to exist. It makes us look petty, small, jealous whatever. 

Frankly it makes us look as bad as them. 

They cheated, they got punished (perhaps not as heavily as some may have liked) now they are back and while they were away, the SPL shat it’s pants and never took the only opportunity they will ever get to change the rules. 

The status quo has been preserved and we all better just quit whining and get on with it. 

Oh, you'll not be popular. :lol:

4 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Your just playing with Words now:P

Not one paper reported the last Celtic- The Rangers tie as anything other than the Old Firm, SKY billed it as the Old Firm. So yes I am being silly but I am not alone  :whistle

It was the only Scottish football tie that company were ever interested in . .