Ancestry DNA Kit.

Bud the Baker

Guest TPAFKATS
Nope, I don't care about where I came from, only about who I am.  Unless there is a large inheritance involved or I need a kidney, of course. [emoji4]

Where you came from forms part of who you are though.
If you know your history..

Guest TPAFKATS
Anyone bought one?
I know the accuracy is questionable although I'd guess it's marginally better than previous life regression.

The Mormons used to do this for free. Well mibees not strictly free, you had to join their church.

23 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

The Mormons used to do this for free. Well mibees not strictly free, you had to join their church.

Haven't they baptised us all anyway?

Crazy religion, but then aren't they all? You could argue that their founder Joseph Smith was the first Science Fiction author - the escape of Nephi & his family from the Babylonian destruction of Jerusalem to safety in America and the subsequent rise and fall of their empire.

4 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

Does it really?  Apart from hereditary genetic conditions.  Nature or nurture?

Not really. We are not tied to our ancestors unless we choose to be.

That is an excuse used by people who fail at things to justify said failures.

This is actually an important cultural problem in Scotland where far too many people seem to think they can't succeed because of their upbringing.

It's bollox.

My ancestors, like virtually everyone else's, were dirt poor, uneducated and probably died in poverty having spent an entire life of back breaking labour for other people. I have more in common with you slarti than any of them.

Edited by oaksoft

Guest TPAFKATS
Not really. We are not tied to our ancestors unless we choose to be.
That is an excuse used by people who fail at things to justify said failures.
This is actually an important cultural problem in Scotland where far too many people seem to think they can't succeed because of their upbringing.
It's bollox.
My ancestors, like virtually everyone else's, were dirt poor, uneducated and probably died in poverty having spent an entire life of back breaking labour for other people. I have more in common with you slarti than any of them.

You mean you've never done a hard days work?

I was listening to a radio interview about these things.

Seemingly, someone was making a big song and dance about being a distant relation of Robert the Bruce.  it might have been that cock, Piers Morgan.  The guy being interviewed was an academic expert in the area, and stated that pretty much anyone who has links with the UK could trace their lineage back to The Bruce on account of some scientific formula relating to the ever decreasing gene pool or some such.  It was all a bit lost on me.

Anyway, apparently they are a lot of shite.

Soz:(

1 hour ago, saintnextlifetime said:

I know some of you are interested in genealogy . .

I'm more interested in auberginealogy. .

Last week I found out that l had an ancestor at the St Valentine Day Moussaka . .

I can imagine that must have sounded amusing in your mind..............................................:lol: