W7 Fans & Banners

Ronnie

41 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

It's important in relation to the quoted posted replied to where E=MC2 stated action should've been taken within 30 minutes of the banner being displayed - if it was already taken down action might not have been possible.

It's also relevant that it was displayed for a short period during the game, without any fanfare from those displaying it thereby limiting those exposed to the terrible thing. For example mention was made about the Morton directors. Given that play wad ongoing, I'm not sure if the Morton directors even noticed it never mind complained about it.

IF it  was only displayed for this magical 5 minutes you quoted earlier it could easily still HAVE been seen as it only takes a second or two to spot something.

I really don't think it was particularly offensive but the time it was displayed matters not a lot, BEING displayed is the issue. 

As you say, you don't know if it was seen, so you really can't make a case one way or the other, no matter how hard you try. :wink:

Guest TPAFKATS
IF it  was only displayed for this magical 5 minutes you quoted earlier it could easily still HAVE been seen as it only takes a second or two to spot something.
I really don't think it was particularly offensive but the time it was displayed matters not a lot, BEING displayed is the issue. 
As you say, you don't know if it was seen, so you really can't make a case one way or the other, no matter how hard you try. :wink:

No trying to make a case.
I'm trying to give balance to some of the more hysterical claims that some have made regarding this incident.
There's nothing 'magical' about the 5 minutes, again it's just factual information that I recall from being at the game [emoji6]
I completely accept that it only takes a second to see and read the display, however I'm trying to give context to those who did not witness the event. As it wasn't up got a long period of time, it's reasonable that some who attended the game may have missed it.
I was in main stand right across from the display and some around me still couldn't read the full display, particularly the smaller text under Greenock Scum.

15 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

I'm trying to give balance to some of the more hysterical claims that some have made regarding this incident.
There's nothing 'magical' about the 5 minutes, again it's just factual information that I recall from being at the game emoji6.png
I completely accept that it only takes a second to see and read the display, however I'm trying to give context to those who did not witness the event. As it wasn't up got a long period of time, it's reasonable that some who attended the game may have missed it.
I was in main stand right across from the display and some around me still couldn't read the full display, particularly the smaller text under Greenock Scum.

I rest my case. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

There's nothing 'magical' about the 5 minutes, again it's just factual information that I recall from being at the game emoji6.png

5 minutes, 30 minutes. Who cares?

I didn't see it cause I was sunning myself in Cyprus for 6 weeks.  :P

Guest TPAFKATS
             [emoji767]     I think it was the copyright symbol      [emoji767]

Nah, some thought instead of trophyless since...it said soapless since, then a year [emoji4]

On ‎25‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:51 PM, TPAFKATS said:

I thought it said Greenock's Cum and am very much saddened to see this tribute to our aromatic cousins from up the road and '70's Glam Superstars Slade has backfired.  :holiday

Common sense prevails :rolleyes:

In the interest of fairness and balance however ,I do hope those nice people from the SPFL and Police Scotland who are so dilligent in their duties were listening to the lovely songs which rang out from the Govan Club supporters on friday nights LIVE TV game broadcast to the nation and beyond. If that clubs Directors are to be bound by the same rules as ours this of course would mean a ban on ALL that clubs supporters till the end of the season to ensure that it didnt happen again.

On 22/11/2017 at 8:30 AM, Drew said:

This is a daft and disproportionate step by the club, presumably intended to put a point across to the authorities that they are on top of things.

I fully expect the BoD to relent and the ban to be lifted by the New Year.

The banner was a wee bit naughty, and the folks involved now know the score, so common sense should prevail all round.

7 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Update 

26863E7D-F9F1-491F-B0CC-DF939C3398F1.jpeg

Ach well, close enough:)

On 22 November 2017 at 7:29 AM, munoz said:

For all we know this decision might have had nothing to do with Gordon Scott. It could have been at the advice of the police or the Spfl or whoever. I don't agree with the level of punishment as I've said , but it's possibly not just down to GS .

Even closer .

1 hour ago, Yflab said:

No banners or flags for 2 months.

disnae say nothing about ticker tape....

D92A6BF1-F2F9-46AE-92A8-71DD5AD8CBC7.jpeg.66ea19887e9afb5709dcbd19cc73cea1.jpeg

Ha! Remember we did that for a while after the 1978 WC? Folk coming into the games with poly bags full of shredded up newspaper.  Paisley ticker tape! :lol:

And what about bog rolls!?!? Bring back bog rolls I say!!

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

Still think the banner was ill judged.

Still think the original ban was out of all proportion and unreasonable.

Still think two months is excessive.

Glad to see a more mature attitude being shown by the fans group who have called off all talk of responsive action.

Glad to see Jack and the players go out of their way to make the fans feel valued and appreciated.

Swirling scarfs it is then!