W7 Fans & Banners

Ronnie

8 hours ago, repairman said:

North stand only for away fans.

Disappointing that any supporter would want the South given to away fans. W7 has been great but this is in the area designed for overflow away supports.

If we sell enough season tickets there won't be space available other than in the north stand.

OK we haven't come close to the 5,000 mark  but that's no reason to think it can't be done.

Imaginative pricing for early bird tickets with the promise that if we sell out east and west stands or at least 90% of the capacity of these then there will be no away fan allocation in either.

The remedy lies in our own hands if enough St Mirren fans can be persuaded to dig into their piggy banks for tickets to see the only team in Paisley see the best of the rest in Scotland.

9 hours ago, Doakes said:

Did I say I wanted it given to them? I agree, they should get the north only.

They shouldn’t get any of our west stand under any circumstances. 

If they need more seats, they should either be told to f**k off, a wee tiny bit of the main, or if they’re going to cash in - which I suspect they will - behind each goal. 

Just a genuine question Doakes.....why should the West Stand get any preference over either the Main Stand or the South Stand when all are "home" stands??

Because the club made a deal that if we could get over 1,000 season tickets, the stand was ours with no away fans. Home atmosphere is better than its ever been, I believe it’s a contributing factor of why our home form has improved. If you put any away fans in the west, the atmosphere is gone and you’ve given up that advantage 

40 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Because the club made a deal that if we could get over 1,000 season tickets, the stand was ours with no away fans. Home atmosphere is better than its ever been, I believe it’s a contributing factor of why our home form has improved. If you put any away fans in the west, the atmosphere is gone and you’ve given up that advantage 

Again a genuine question Doakes.....was the deal a "forever" deal or just for this season? I honestly don't know the answer and incidentally my ST is for the West Stand.

Again a genuine question Doakes.....was the deal a "forever" deal or just for this season? I honestly don't know the answer and incidentally my ST is for the West Stand.

I would assume / hope that the deal was for any season we sold 1000 season tickets .
That said, should the same criteria be used for the main stand ?

The extra income from a handful of old scum games would be partly offset by the extra costs in keeping the hordes under control plus upsetting and alienating home fans .

North Stand at most as far as I’m concerned.

3 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I would assume / hope that the deal was for any season we sold 1000 season tickets .
That said, should the same criteria be used for the main stand ?

The extra income from a handful of old scum games would be partly offset by the extra costs in keeping the hordes under control plus upsetting and alienating home fans .

North Stand at most as far as I’m concerned.

I don't disagree Callum, my only thought was that the West Stand was specifically built to accommodate large "away" supports....I don't particularly like it but it was purpose built.

If, commercially, there is a big gain (I don't know the figures re ticket sale revenue v costs) then the club have to look at it. I prefer it the way it is just now but I'm not sure the West Stand should get priority over any other stand when it comes to inconveniencing home supporters. As I said earlier my ST is in the West Stand so more curious than anything else.

38 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

I don't disagree Callum, my only thought was that the West Stand was specifically built to accommodate large "away" supports....I don't particularly like it but it was purpose built.

If, commercially, there is a big gain (I don't know the figures re ticket sale revenue v costs) then the club have to look at it. I prefer it the way it is just now but I'm not sure the West Stand should get priority over any other stand when it comes to inconveniencing home supporters. As I said earlier my ST is in the West Stand so more curious than anything else.

There is no revenue loss if we have sold out via season tickets. As mentioned by myself and others, an early bird campaign with a higher target  might do the trick.

Others might have a better idea but e.g. Join the St Mirren Park Barrades team. Help Saints Build Their Fortress. No? No

Our biggest gates are not against the OF as many of our own fans have stayed away during these as well as their supporters not travelling in as big numbers

Edited by St.Ricky

21 hours ago, Doakes said:

Tbf our stadium only holds 8k

Assuming we go up, would expect it to be pretty much full against Celtic & Rangers

Aberdeen could fill the North stand, as could Thistle (if they stay up) & Killie. Hibs & Hearts travel well. As do Motherwell

St Johnstone, Dundee, Hamilton are probably similar supports to what we see in the Championship...

In an ideal world, Morton go up too. :lol: Kaching!

Personally wouldn't really object to Rangers & Celtic being at both ends behind goals - as long as we get west and main. 

Was it ever full when we played either of the OF when we were last in the top league?

The days of these two taking massive away supports are, IMO, gone. 

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Was it ever full when we played either of the OF when we were last in the top league?

Never full and probably rarely 3/4 full....that said they both sold out their allocation every time.

29 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Faraway.

No it wasn't. 

Our family stand numbers also tended to fall when the OF came calling. 

Solution is on our hands. Sell out season tickets. Job done then.

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

Faraway.

No it wasn't. 

I agree but we've got next to no chance of filling the place with season ticket holders.

Our support numbers are pretty steady and unlikely to rise, certainly significantly, IMO. 

Killie, Accies, Well, Ross C, Dundee, Fakes, all give them more than 1 stand and Partick even punts their fans out of their normal stand to give it away. I don't like it anymore than anybody else but it is likely to happen. Do we really want to see other clubs of our level with a higher player budget than us ? 

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Not gone.

Stadiums are smaller

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I agree but we've got next to no chance of filling the place with season ticket holders.

Our support numbers are pretty steady and unlikely to rise, certainly significantly, IMO. 

This might be a result of the "same old, same old" approach adopted in the past. These are,or have the opportunity to be, new times for new ways.

Here is a cheeky suggestion. 

As last year's great initiative offer fans the opportunity to keep the whole west stand but only if they buy 1,300 tickets this time. But SMISA to operate a fund for a further 100 senior and 100 under 18 tickets with the money to be raised by donation from the fans.  I for one would donate £50. This would help to build the "St Mirren" family. Happy to name it after Tosh or Tam McGarry. Just an idea...someone might have a better one.

A lot of people will spend that and more on night out.

Edited by St.Ricky

16 hours ago, repairman said:

North stand only for away fans.

Disappointing that any supporter would want the South given to away fans. W7 has been great but this is in the area designed for overflow away supports.

In what way is it designed for away supports?

When we give up part of our home stand the rest of the stand have only one proper food outlet.  That's half the facilities for circa 3/4 of the people in the stand. The providers augment this with temporary carts.

3 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Faraway.

No it wasn't. 

Yes , the OF took up all of their allocation but several of our fans chose not to go to games featuring either of the OF and so the stadium is not full but since we were charging the bigots a higher price we must have made decent a screw from the deal. .

How much in ££'s is it actually worth (net) & is that money worth taking it up the arse from rangers or celtic
South stand hold 1600 × £25= 40K. Minus vat and policing cost I would guess the club would make 30K per game. We normally have them 3 times a season so 90K I reckon is the answer.

14 minutes ago, renfrew said:
1 hour ago, Graeme Aitken said:
How much in ££'s is it actually worth (net) & is that money worth taking it up the arse from rangers or celtic

South stand hold 1600 × £25= 40K. Minus vat and policing cost I would guess the club would make 30K per game. We normally have them 3 times a season so 90K I reckon is the answer.

Thats based on a full stand of  full paying adults / knuckledraggers.  

Factor in that they probably wouldnt fill it and a proportion of the tickets go to concessions , unemployed, OAP & trainee bigots , id asy the total would be significantly less.

Lets say a net figure of about £50-60K ? (total guesstimate)  Is that worth the hassle / disruption/ losing goodwill of our own fanbase ?  

Factor in that they probably wouldnt fill it and a proportion of the tickets go to concessions , unemployed, OAP & trainee bigots , id asy the total would be significantly less.
Lets say a net figure of about £50-60K ? (total guesstimate)  Is that worth the hassle / disruption/ losing goodwill of our own fanbase ?  

As they both visit twice , that’s around a quarter of a million pounds - I think the club would like the revenue.

I personally would choose keeping our own fans happy [emoji4]

3 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

As they both visit twice , that’s around a quarter of a million pounds - I think the club would like the revenue.

I personally would choose keeping our own fans happy emoji4.png

No they dont. Unless we finish in the top six and even then its not guaranteed.

Plus the poster above had estimated the figure as a TOTAL for three games . One home game v septic lets say , and two vs the newco or vice versa.

No they dont. Unless we finish in the top six and even then its not guaranteed.
Plus the poster above had estimated the figure as a TOTAL for three games . One home game v septic lets say , and two vs the newco or vice versa.

Ah, I forgot about the split.

Nonetheless, I said I’d rather keep our fans happy, so on them days I’d sort you oot with a free pie n bovril :D

55 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Think we only give them a limited about of concession tickets in the past. Newco filled both stand behind the goals at Perth as well having some fans in the main stand last night in freezing weather, so I don't think they would have any problem filling ours small stands. Is it worth the hassle? that's for the chairman to decide but Tony was in favour the last time we played newco so I feel it will happen again.