Top Man -

Just wondering what the etiquette is with regards to top man selections on the forum. Do people chop and change in respect of players appearances/form. Do some of us "Old Fogies" just pick a blast from the past and reminisce about those Halcyon days and refuse to admit the new players can be just as good? Once you pick one should you stick with them?

For a while I stuck with Frank McGarvey refusing to move into the modern era but during the "Great Escape" I finally accepted the top man choice should probably be about the current squad and because at that  time I thought Stellios was totally committed and giving 110% he became my top man nomination.

This season however, he hasn’t been on the field much and probably didn’t get the chance to show the same level of commitment and effort that he did during our magnificent run in last season. I was swithering on whether Gavin Reilly should receive my nomination instead based on current form and desire.

Then on popped Stellios on Tuesday night and even although he wasn’t on for long and he was obviously playing out of position, he ran about like a blue arsed fly and made an absolute pest of himself as far as LIVI were concerned. He was back fighting for every ball just like he used to and Feck it,  he can keep my top man status. I feel I’d be disrespectful if I demoted him.

So what’s the etiquette? Is it acceptable to chop and change your top man or just to stay safe do you live in the past with old hero or to stop any psychological trauma’s do you just not nominate one to avoid making decisions?

Sticking with Super Stelios meantime.

pixel.gifpixel.gif

17 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Just wondering what the etiquette is with regards to top man selections on the forum. Do people chop and change in respect of players appearances/form. Do some of us "Old Fogies" just pick a blast from the past and reminisce about those Halcyon days and refuse to admit the new players can be just as good? Once you pick one should you stick with them?

For a while I stuck with Frank McGarvey refusing to move into the modern era but during the "Great Escape" I finally accepted the top man choice should probably be about the current squad and because at that  time I thought Stellios was totally committed and giving 110% he became my top man nomination.

This season however, he hasn’t been on the field much and probably didn’t get the chance to show the same level of commitment and effort that he did during our magnificent run in last season. I was swithering on whether Gavin Reilly should receive my nomination instead based on current form and desire.

Then on popped Stellios on Tuesday night and even although he wasn’t on for long and he was obviously playing out of position, he ran about like a blue arsed fly and made an absolute pest of himself as far as LIVI were concerned. He was back fighting for every ball just like he used to and Feck it,  he can keep my top man status. I feel I’d be disrespectful if I demoted him.

So what’s the etiquette? Is it acceptable to chop and change your top man or just to stay safe do you live in the past with old hero or to stop any psychological trauma’s do you just not nominate one to avoid making decisions?

pixel.gifpixel.gif

I'm really gutted at not getting to our games Malky due to work which you did not warn me was a hard graft ya basterd . Stelios is a player who can have an average game and you think is poor because he can do magic the type of player who can change a game , however we have a good few players who can do that thankfully. McGinn for me is the special one what a player and ambassador for the club he reminds me of a Tony Fitzpatrick type player love the guy. In fact the McGinns are a wonderful talented family.

All rights reserved for shit spelling it's a free country and my right :wub:  Mind I can cook you a good meal. 

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I'm really gutted at not getting to our games Malky due to work which you did not warn me was a hard graft ya basterd . Stelios is a player who can have an average game and you think is poor because he can do magic the type of player who can change a game , however we have a good few players who can do that thankfully. McGinn for me is the special one what a player and ambassador for the club he reminds me of a Tony Fitzpatrick type player love the guy. In fact the McGinns are a wonderful talented family.

All rights reserved for shit spelling it's a free country and my right :wub:  Mind I can cook you a good meal. 

Steven might even be his maw's favourite.  I heard she was on the bus travelling to Inverness. She could have watched John or visited Paul who wasn't playing but she went to see the buds. 

Enjoy your hard graft Ian. I don't want to rub it in but I don't plan on missing any games in the near future and I'm taking a leaf out of Mrs McGinn's book. I've got a ticket for the Hibs v Rangers game just to keep an eye on our asset John.  

Don't worry mate. This time next year you'll be a millionaire. 

On 30/11/2017 at 6:09 PM, East Lothian Saint said:

pixel.gifpixel.gif

Good choice.