: Cameron Smith

As my mate said to me on Wednesday night, it's a real struggle to believe that Aberdeen let a player with his talent go for nothing and that we managed to snap him up so easily on a two year deal.  Bags of ability this lad has. 

He's a machine. He just never stops getting himself in a position to make something happen and is a constant nuisance for opposition players. He's also immensely strong for a guy who isn't exceptionally tall or obviously built. 

Edited by djchapsticks

His consistency levels are unmatched. Even in games when we don't perform as well as we'd expect as a unit/team he still get pass marks.

Falkirk away springs to mind. The team really struggled to click but he was our best player and nearly managed to nick it at the end.

I can't think of any games where he didn't get pass marks, maybe Ton (though he scored a screamer) or Dunf away but I wasn't at either so don't know.

If his performance levels stay the same he could easily be contender for poty, though there could be a few in for a shout of that.

Remember the last three years we couldn't give the poty away, times have changed.

Aye, I've raved about him often enough on here. Fantastic signing.

He seems to have incredible fitness levels, though, in fairness, that applies to most of our players. I was thinking that on Tuesday night. Even after a really tough shift in hellish conditions up in Sneck, the players looked fresh and still full of running at the end of the game. Huge credit to them and the coaching team for that.

Anyway, aye.....Cammy Smith:wub:

8 hours ago, Hambud said:

Sorry but no. When Morgans good Cammy is just behind him, when Morgan doesn't turn up Cammy is ahead of him. I'd say Cammy's consistency takes him ahead of Morgan.

Isn't it great to have two such influential players in the team. Cameron Smith gets through a mountain of work in each  game as does Morgan. His consistency is amazing. 

Guest TPAFKATS
Sorry but no. When Morgans good Cammy is just behind him, when Morgan doesn't turn up Cammy is ahead of him. I'd say Cammy's consistency takes him ahead of Morgan.

Most important player this season has been Lewis Morgan. I say this as a huge fan of Cammy Smith and what he brings to the team.

Guest TPAFKATS
Today highlighted that he’s our best player.

No, it didn't.
Yesterday highlighted that we won't beat a team, even a part time one, if a significant number of our players under perform.

10 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Most important player this season has been Lewis Morgan. I say this as a huge fan of Cammy Smith and what he brings to the team.

Couple of months ago an Aberdeen supporter was saying he's got plenty of potential and thinks he could be a decent player in most top league sides.

The couple of games I seen him last season he came on as sub and I thought he was pretty damn good.

What is the injury and how long will he me missing? 

25 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

No, it didn't.
Yesterday highlighted that we won't beat a team, even a part time one, if a significant number of our players under perform.

To be fair to Smith , whilst he may not be our best player , yesterday highlighted that he is the kind of player that can grab a game by the scuff of the neck and drag us back into it , which was something McGinn never quite managed yesterday . It was something that Kirk Broadfoot could do when the chips were down  . Just my opinion Tony . .

However , yesterday was just a mere blip in our League winning Campaign. .

Couple of months ago an Aberdeen supporter was saying he's got plenty of potential and thinks he could be a decent player in most top league sides.
The couple of games I seen him last season he came on as sub and I thought he was pretty damn good.
What is the injury and how long will he me missing? 

He’s tweaked a groin, hopefully back next Saturday, but possibly the Dunfermline game.

Guest TPAFKATS
To be fair to Smith , whilst he may not be our best player , yesterday highlighted that he is the kind of player that can grab a game by the scuff of the neck and drag us back into it , which was something McGinn never quite managed yesterday . It was something that Kirk Broadfoot could do when the chips were down  . Just my opinion Tony . .

However , yesterday was just a mere blip in our League winning Campaign. .

Not disagreeing. Cammy is my favourite current St Mirren player. His workrate is great and his movement and effort create loads of space for others.