The Dark Side Going For McInnes - What Of Jack

Isle Of Bute Saint

McInnes will go to Sevco, this will be his only chance with them and I don’t think he’ll pass up on it, the question is do Aberdeen go for a more experienced manager right away or sadly for us go for our manager who is probably just as experienced and talented as McInnes was when Aberdeen signed him?

45 minutes ago, RichardBuddie said:

McInnes will go to Sevco, this will be his only chance with them and I don’t think he’ll pass up on it, the question is do Aberdeen go for a more experienced manager right away or sadly for us go for our manager who is probably just as experienced and talented as McInnes was when Aberdeen signed him?

That's just simply not true. :blink:

54 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Fowler and our youth coach as assistant if the above was to happen ?

Hopefully it won't happen but Fowler as No. 1 was also my initial thought, especially as we're a month away from the transfer window, we would be far better with someone in charge who already knows the squad and what to tweak rather than a new guy coming in with different plans. A lot of the success we've had over 2017 has been ascribed to the good spirit within the squad and between the squad and the management and the less disruption to this the better.

I'd rather it didn't come to pass but as I said if JR does go then Fowler who already has experience of managing at QotS, where he did a decent job, would be the best option as replacement although I wouldn't make the youth coach No. 2 as I think it is a different sorta role with a different set of requirements.

Edited by Bud the Baker

On what is this nonsense that McInnes is going based? That the Rangers chairman, who has a track record of talking nonsense, says some of their candidates are under contract and the media is unable to comprehend that anyone other than McInnes has a contract?

16 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Given the very public statements from Milne and McInnes there will be a huge backlash from Dons fans if he does a U-Turn and goes to Govan. It also would look pretty shoddy on McInnes' part. I still don't see it happening.

It wouldn't be any less strange than the McCann saga at Dundee earlier in the year, as Greavsey used to say "it's a funny old game".

Surely if anyone goes to Govan, it's only ever going  to be for the length of time a sub-way stops as they are a basket case. They are looking for someone to immediately deliver the halcyon days again and that aint gonna happen, they are bound for Junior fitba.

1 hour ago, shull said:

After McInnes's shitebaggery at Ibrox the other night,, the Dons fans will be delighted to be rid of the Paisley Blue Nose , Dull and Dreary Derek. 

Well he passed the first interview, and gifted them a home win!

if he can swing that again this weekend he will be a shoeing. It will be much easier for all concerned if Sevco approach him after his side let them pass themselves in the league!

McInnes said recently that the most important thing at a football club is stability. Why then would he go to the basket case that is Sevco? On the other hand he hasn't said "I'm not going to Rangers".

If McInnes does leave Aberdeen I don't think Jack will replace him. Or maybe he will.

Right, that's that sorted out. Next question.

4 hours ago, RichardBuddie said:

McInnes had 4 years in the SPL and 14 months in the English Championship, in terms of experience - Jack has yet to complete a season managing the same club, and has only one complete season as a manager under his belt. The difference in experience level is quite stark.

2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Couple of things....

Isn't Jack on a fairly lengthy contract with us and if so, would Aberdeen be able to pay us off?

Talk of JF becoming manager if Jack left. Isn't it likely that he'd take James as his number 2?

I'm sure the compo Aberdeen would receive will be way more than we would require (if Sevco have the cash?). If Ross goes anywhere I would fully expect Fowler to go with him but he isn't so he won't.

Nobody wants to see Jack Leave Saints not even TopCat but make no mistake Jack is one of this country's top managers he is very well thought of in the game the lure to a big club will happen at some point I just hope it's when we are in the top league what an interesting prospect it would be with Jack in charge I would not be surprised if he got us into the top six .