The Dark Side Going For McInnes - What Of Jack

Isle Of Bute Saint

McInnes won't come out of this well. We already know that The Rangers are a f**king basket case, so none of this has come as a surprise. I don't care about Stewart Milne. He's a fud.

Most Dons supporters will probably be scunnered with the whole saga and will want a line drawn under the affair.

My hope is that if Jack is to leave, it isn't accompanied by a drawn out media pantomime. As we'd be talking about Aberdeen and St Mirren, I can't see that happening - the Scottish fitba media won't be interested. If there is to be a parting of ways, though, I hope it is relatively clean and with little bad feeling.

FWIW, I still don't think Jack will be their man.

17 minutes ago, Drew said:

McInnes won't come out of this well. We already know that The Rangers are a f**king basket case, so none of this has come as a surprise. I don't care about Stewart Milne. He's a fud.

Most Dons supporters will probably be scunnered with the whole saga and will want a line drawn under the affair.

My hope is that if Jack is to leave, it isn't accompanied by a drawn out media pantomime. As we'd be talking about Aberdeen and St Mirren, I can't see that happening - the Scottish fitba media won't be interested. If there is to be a parting of ways, though, I hope it is relatively clean and with little bad feeling.

FWIW, I still don't think Jack will be their man.

All the indications so far from the press and Aberdeen fans are that he is.

Sadly Aberdeen is one of the very few teams in Scotland that could perhaps tempt JR to leave St Mirren before the end of this season.

The question which might be asked in a few days time is would he and JF have got us promoted this season if they had stayed.

7 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

Sadly Aberdeen is one of the very few teams in Scotland that could perhaps tempt JR to leave St Mirren before the end of this season.

The question which might be asked in a few days time is would he and JF have got us promoted this season if they had stayed.

I still have to ask why we even think that Scotland's second best team want Jack now. He has kept an ex Premier team in Championship , and lets not forget got pretty much what he asked for. I do rate Jack however concerned his role model is BR at Tic, as demonstrated neither seem to have a Plan B. Jack gets us promoted, beats eh Dons in Cup, then Maybe yes. Fergie transformed us, Jack has started well but as of yet achieved hee haw bar keeping us in Tier 2

25 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

Not sure where that's coming from?

Just looked over at the Aberdeen forum JR gets a few mentions, some positive, some not but he's a long way from the most wanted.

We at least got nearly 4 seasons out of Sir Alec whose Wikipedia entry reads:-

"Ferguson was manager of St Mirren from 1974 until 1978, producing a remarkable transformation of a team in the lower half of the old Second Division watched by crowds of just over 1,000, to First Division champions in 1977, discovering talent like Billy Stark, Tony Fitzpatrick, Lex Richardson, Frank McGarvey, Bobby Reid and Peter Weir while playing superb attacking football. The average age of the league winning team was 19 and the captain, Fitzpatrick, was 20.

St Mirren have the distinction of being the only club ever to sack Ferguson. He claimed wrongful dismissal against the club at an industrial tribunal but lost and was given no leave to appeal. According to a Billy Adams Sunday Herald article on 30 May 1999, the official version is that Ferguson was sacked for various breaches of contract including unauthorised payments to players. He was counter-accused of intimidating behaviour towards his office secretary because he wanted players to get some expenses tax free. He did not speak to her for six weeks, confiscated her keys and communicated only through a 17-year-old assistant. The tribunal concluded that Ferguson was "particularly petty" and "immature".  It was claimed during the tribunal by St Mirren chairman, Willie Todd, that Ferguson had "no managerial ability".

On 31 May 2008, The Guardian published an interview with Todd (then aged 87), who had sacked Ferguson many years earlier. Todd explained that the fundamental reason for the dismissal was a breach of contract relating to Ferguson having agreed to join Aberdeen. Ferguson told journalist Jim Rodger of the Daily Mirror that he had asked at least one member of the squad to go to Aberdeen with him. He told the St Mirren staff he was leaving. Todd expressed regret over what happened but blamed Aberdeen for not approaching his club to discuss compensation

In 1977, Ferguson turned down the manager's job at Aberdeen. The role went to Billy McNeill, who returned to Celtic after only a year, leaving the role available for Ferguson once again."

Is history about to repeat itself?

JUST 7 months ago the chairman jumped on a plane and flew to where Jack was on holiday to seek re-assurances about him not taking the Dundee job

I  dont know Jack personally but he seems to me to be a man of integrity and honour

I dont think he will jump ship to Aberdeen as i think he knows he is still learning and what a perfect team to learn with

ST.MIRREN   

1 minute ago, JJ McG said:

There's absolutely no danger Jack Ross will knock Aberdeen back, not a chance.

I wouldn't expect him to. It would be a big step up to a high profile, high visibility job. Why wouldn't a young manager want to make that move.

Will Aberdeen come in for him, though? I'm not at all convinced that they would.

Aberdeen would go for McLeish as their 1st option and Strachan as their 2nd option. Neither need the money but may be drawn by their affiliation with the club.

JR would be a 3rd or 4th choice at best IMO but there is no doubt if he did get the chance to manage Aberdeen he would take it and so he should if he has any real ambition in the game. A chance to manage one of Scotland’s biggest club. Along with that the real chance of European football every season even if they get pumped out in the early rounds is too good to turn down.

The safe pair of hands and organised solid appointment for Aberdeen is undoubtedly Tommy Wright. In fact there is an argument for him going to Govan.
A gamble for Aberdeen would be Jack Ross. The gig is possibly a season too early for him. But hay hoh.....if it hurts us it’ll probably happen as our season looks a decent prospect.