Brechin v St Mirren (9th December)

FT 1-2

Good 3 points up there after last weeks debacle. Sounded like Brechin may have deserved a point again, as they did in Paisley earlier in the season. As then though, they’ve lost.

The winning penalty was apparently of the ‘soft’ variety. Them’s the breaks when you’re bottom of the league I guess.

Take the 3 points, get all buddies down the road safe and move focus onto beating Dunfermline next week.

We have done well so far to be just one point off top spot and if we win our next three games we will be top at the end of the year.

However, we appear to struggle against the likes of Dumbarton and Brechin and seem to have very few options in team selection and formation from game to game.

We will need to strengthen in the January transfer window if we want to overtake Dundee United to win the Championship.

But what a transformation from this time last year!

PS: We now have the best goals difference in the league.

Edited by northstbuddie

7 hours ago, TopCat said:

The winning penalty was apparently of the ‘soft’ variety. Them’s the breaks when you’re bottom of the league I guess.

It was down the other end but looked like a penalty to me. 

We were denied a stonewall penalty early in the first half when Baird was bundled in the box, the referee let them kick Morgan all over the park, particularly in the first half. 

Dunno about breaks you get when you’re at the top, Brechin got plenty of refereeing decisions today. I’d say the referees are just shite. 

If Brechin had managed a point today it would have been deserved. They were very unlucky and caused us all sorts of problems. 

Quite a few communication mix ups in defence today, especially between Samson and Baird. On another day they could have scored 3 against us. 

Huge 3 points in the end on a very difficult pitch. 

Edited by davidg