Thugs and St Mirren - Not in my name or the Club

St.Ricky

Speaking personally - I abhor the type of behaviour reported to have happened after the Dumbarton match.

We have a good name as fans - let's keep it that way. 

The report thanks the Club and other fans for their help.

The police have requested help in identifying the people involved.

If caught, prosecuted and found guilty then I hope the club will also ban them from the stadium.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/autistic-teen-left-traumatised-after-11640921

8 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Speaking personally - I abhor the type of behaviour reported to have happened after the Dumbarton match.

If caught, prosecuted and found guilty then I hope the club will also ban them from the stadium.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/autistic-teen-left-traumatised-after-11640921

Edited, I was misled by Ricky.  :whistle

Edited by faraway saint

20 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

You are a wee bit hasty with the title of the thread - they could have been Dumbarton fans , or locals for all we know . Regardless, I hope they catch the cowardly basturds.

21 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

It was nothing to do with anyone who was at the match.The boy wandered  away from the ground to a nearby shop where he was set upon,it had nothing to do with St Mirren or Dumbarton fans.

Nothing like a bit of sensationalism Ricky.

1 minute ago, munoz said:

You are a wee bit hasty with the title of the thread - they could have been Dumbarton fans , or locals for all we know . Regardless, I hope they catch the cowardly basturds.

Yip, better that the thread should have been "Paisley yobs attack someone for no reason".........................bang goes the UK City of Culture. :lol:

29 minutes ago, HSS said:

It was nothing to do with anyone who was at the match.The boy wandered  away from the ground to a nearby shop where he was set upon,it had nothing to do with St Mirren or Dumbarton fans.

Nothing like a bit of sensationalism Ricky.

Nothing sesational about a young boy being harrassed, attacked and essentially robbed is there? Is that now normal? Not in my book.

I do agree that whoever it was then they were in the wrong.

I don't accept the premise put forward elsewhere on the thread that this would have been classed as "high jinks" at any time.

As far as I read - both fans and the club had extended support - difficult for the latter to have done so if it had been far from the ground.

Of course, one could argue that that part was journalistic licence - I prefer to believe that this showed the true spirit of the fans who came to his aid and the club.

Old fashioned - possibly.

Edited by St.Ricky

Just now, St.Ricky said:

Nothing sesational about a young boy being harrassed, attacked and essentially robbed in my book.

I do agree that whoever it was then they were in the wrong.

I don't accept the premise put forward elsewhere on the thread that this would have been classed as "high jinks" at any time.

As far as I read - both fans and the club had extended support - difficult for the latter to have done so if it had been far from the ground.

Of course, one could argue that that part was journalistic licence - I prefer to believe that this showed the true spirit of the fans who came to his aid and the club.

Old fashioned - possibly.

FFS. Clearly you need this spelt out for you.

It is sensationalism because you have linked the assault to Sains fans without any evidence.

8 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Nor did I - I said that if they were and were arrested, prosecuted and found guilty then I hope the club would ban them. I stick by that. 

Obviously the club would ban them , but that might not have much affect if it turns out to be a sevco supporting junkie high on angel dust.

53 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

^^^^^^^^ Celtic supporter. :rolleyes:

I take umbrage at that ! To balance the scales ......

but that might not have much affect if it turns out to be a sellick supporting glue head high on evostik.

You have clearly jumped to the conclusion that this attack was carried out by St Mirren supporters given that you've stated that 'we have a good rep and should be keeping it that way', suggesting that this could somehow tarnish the club or supporters. 

I normally park on the same side of the street as the shop where this happened (hospitality on Saturday though so wasn't witness to anything) and indeed grew up just around the corner from it in Bankfoot Road.

Given what I have previously seen in and around the shop, the likelihood of it being any St Mirren supporters hanging about for a fight or a bit of aggro is very low. The likelihood of it being a bunch of wee local neds picking on someone alone and vulnerable is far, far more likely.

So don't you worry about your 'not in my name' nonsense. It's not in your name, it's not in the club's name, it just so happened to be someone leaving a football match in the vicinity of a football ground being attacked and people around about the victim helped out. 

Edited by djchapsticks

Reading the article I assume the boy attacked is a Saints fan - if so why would anyone even consider a notion that he was attacked by fellow Saints supporters ?

It's general society thuggery that just happened to take place near a football stadium - the title of the OP should be changed "Thugs and St Mirren" means what eactly ????

3 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Lol. Thanks for that. Suggestions? 

You could try "I made a daft mistake by misreading a newspaper article and linking a physical attack with our club's supporters. No harm done. I wish I hadn't tried to dig my heels in."

It's a bit wordy but you could play around with that.

Look it cannae be a Dumbarton fan, there are only 3 of them, and it took 2 to carry the drum............... Certainly not a Saints fan, we are all wonderful law abiding wonder people 

My money is on a Hibs Casual/ or Chelsea

Seriously who ever did it, I hope they burn in hell

5 hours ago, Deekthebuddie said:

Instead of some of the 'highly educated' guesses as to who the perpetrators are, let's hope that they are found and given a suitable sentence- and a proper hiding too. Hope the boy who got attacked is ok.

A suitable sentence AND a proper hiding? I'm sure that would be a bit ironic and probably illegal.