Dunfermline v Saints. (Friday 26/01/18)?

Geordie Saint

I am a fan of each and every player in the squad. Each have strengths and each have weaknesses. Form varies, fitness and injuries intrude. Some are more exciting to watch than others.

At championship level - our daily bread and butter - our goals against record has improved in recent times and credit for this must go to our defence and the hard work of the men in front.

Mistakes have happened, mistakes will happen again. Sometimes even the opposition make them and we profit from it! Tough match? No doubt. Should we approach the game with fear? No?

Should we swagger into town and disrespect our opponents? No. The players at the club have a chance to make a little history and become local heroes, 

I know that all Saint's fans hope that they do. In itself the game on Friday is not a league decider.

Eckersley got sent off for an even stoopiter incident last time at east end park. 
So who do you play?
the guy coming back from injury and not match fit?
or the guy who has turned a number of good performances, had a mare on Saturday, but is fit, troubles the opposition and in form otherwise ?
The manager will answer that question on Friday [emoji209]

6 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Stelios posted something on instagram about remembering and learning, not forgetting. Great attitude, he knows he had a bad performance. I want him to start on Friday

I agree, good attitude.

As for him starting on Friday, suppose it depends on how Ross see's the threat from Dunfermline.

I wouldn't be concerned if Stelios plays as Aberdeen and Dunfermline are a completely different class. 

17 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Eckersley got sent off for an even stoopiter incident last time at east end park. 

So who do you play?

the guy coming back from injury and not match fit?

or the guy who has turned a number of good performances, had a mare on Saturday, but is fit, troubles the opposition and in form otherwise ?

My point is - He is not a right back, Eck is....... Ecks was completely different- we were 3-0 down, game over he was peeed off.

I am not Stellios bashing- he can be very effective, but never a backs to the wall player, and in the run in, we need better options at the back, not yet another attacking option as a first off 

18 hours ago, shull said:

Most of the players made a negative impact on Saturday. 

I am sure they will bounce back positively on Friday night. 

The Pars to be skelped. 

Did u watch the game?

I thought Cammy Smith was superb, Davis and McGinn fought really hard, Morgan was given the full respect treatment and Reilly showed his pace on several occasions. Who actually had a poor game? Apart from Stellios

We were the better team at 2-0 down, and TBF priority was to take care of the result and health last 43 mins................

Stelios has been good for most of the season. He was excellent against Dumbarton and shite against Aberdeen.

I'm confident he'll put Saturday's performance behind him and continue to be an important player for us this season.
Your right mate. Name a player who has not made mistakes this season. Sometimes you get away with them sometimes as with Stelios on Sat you don't. We're in a great position in the league let's get behind all the players. We could have made no mistakes on Sat and still lost 4.1. Coys

1 hour ago, santaponsasaint said:
16 hours ago, JM1 said:
Stelios has been good for most of the season. He was excellent against Dumbarton and shite against Aberdeen.

I'm confident he'll put Saturday's performance behind him and continue to be an important player for us this season.

Your right mate. Name a player who has not made mistakes this season. Sometimes you get away with them sometimes as with Stelios on Sat you don't. We're in a great position in the league let's get behind all the players. We could have made no mistakes on Sat and still lost 4.1.

Ha ha- Ok show me one manager that agrees with that statement...................

18 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:
1 hour ago, DougJamie said:
Ha ha- Ok show me one manager that agrees with that statement...................

Never said any manager would say. But against a good team like The Dons you could easily lose 4.1 as Hibs found to their cost.

Dons are a good team, no doubt of that

Stelios will be dropped and I doubt we will see him starting again until and injury / suspension for Eckersley or Smith.  I am surprised that this is even up for debate after the horror show at Aberdeen.  Jack doesn't give second chances to unreliable defenders, just ask Gregor Buchanan.

Liam Smith had a shocker too on Saturday, he possibly could do with a rest soon.

Otherwise I would imagine we will start the same.  Reilly has played poorly against Dunfermline and missed some sitters in both games.  Hope some work is being done to mentally prepare him for this one, he obviously didn't have a good time there and it seems to effect when even when playing against them!

We should be able to take a point from this one, which would be a decent result.

23 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Stelios will be dropped and I doubt we will see him starting again until and injury / suspension for Eckersley or Smith.  I am surprised that this is even up for debate after the horror show at Aberdeen.  Jack doesn't give second chances to unreliable defenders, just ask Gregor Buchanan.

Liam Smith had a shocker too on Saturday, he possibly could do with a rest soon.

Otherwise I would imagine we will start the same.  Reilly has played poorly against Dunfermline and missed some sitters in both games.  Hope some work is being done to mentally prepare him for this one, he obviously didn't have a good time there and it seems to effect when even when playing against them!

We should be able to take a point from this one, which would be a decent result.

Did you watch who was responsible for us getting the goal ? I' not sure he will be dropped Jack might think Stelios might correct his wrongs . 

3 hours ago, Kemp said:

There's quite a few players starting to flag.  Now maybe that we don't have the distraction of a cup run,  we can concentrate our efforts on the championship.