Dunfermline v Saints. (Friday 26/01/18)?

Geordie Saint

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

It's not that "calling out his poor performances" were wrong it was continually calling it out and failing to see that he's young, developing and there were clear signs he was improving with every match.

Every player has poor games, defenders and goalkeepers can cost us goals with errors, that's football. 

It's amazing how some people can't just enjoy things and feel the need to (inaccurately) point out other peoples comments. If anything is clear on here it's that no one is allowed to say a single thing against Lord Bairdy without getting hounded. :lol:

Last season Baird had some absolute howlers that you can't pass off on being young. He's also made a few costly mistakes this season and his composure is wanting at the back on occasion. For some reason fans just aren't allowed to make reference to that at all. For the record I wouldn't of made reference to it after such a brilliant performance last night, if it wasn't for other fans ridiculously trying to point out I was wrong for being frustrated at him.

Even Jack Ross said in his interview last night that he's had to work hard to get to this level and playing best football of his career. I agree with that fully. But do you think Jack Ross is wrong? 

3 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

It's amazing how some people can't just enjoy things and feel the need to (inaccurately) point out other peoples comments. If anything is clear on here it's that no one is allowed to say a single thing against Lord Bairdy without getting hounded. :lol:

Last season Baird had some absolute howlers that you can't pass off on being young. He's also made a few costly mistakes this season and his composure is wanting at the back on occasion. For some reason fans just aren't allowed to make reference to that at all. For the record I wouldn't of made reference to it after such a brilliant performance last night, if it wasn't for other fans ridiculously trying to point out I was wrong for being frustrated at him.

Even Jack Ross said in his interview last night that he's had to work hard to get to this level and playing best football of his career. I agree with that fully. But do you think Jack Ross is wrong? 

Unfortunately, there are a few on here who jump on peoples differing opinions.  They revel in their own smugmess and oneupmanship . They love to see other buddies getting put down because they think they are wrong or have made a mistake.

Otherwise these dudes are normally bland and very boring when posting.

21 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

If Jack Baird was to get a new contract for next season I would like to see him continue his development in the Under 20s (reserves) or being loaned out.

Fair enough he is still young but I for one would hate to see the club throw him in like Alex Rae did, some of the goals we leaked at the start of the season were nothing to do with a players age.  I think he has a long way to go before proving his ability at this level and do we really want him as a starting center back next season? I know it's a bit of a hot topic but in my opinion he hasn't done enough for a new deal. 

Are you saying Jack Ross is wrong?:rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Are you saying Jack Ross is wrong?:rolleyes:

:lol: exhibit A, going back for posts close to a year ago! 

And I'm not even sure what point you're trying to make? He wasn't JR starting CB this season and got his spot and chance early because of injury. Absolutely delighted for Baird now that he's taken that opportunity and able to keep MacKenzie out of the first team. Did any single person think Baird would be first choice this season over Davis & Mac? If so they were very quiet about it... 

Edited by bazil85

3 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

And I'm not even sure what point you're trying to make? He wasn't JR starting CB this season and got his spot and chance early because of injury. Absolutely delighted for Baird now that he's taken that opportunity and able to keep MacKenzie out of the first team. Did any single person think Baird would be first choice this season over Davis & Mac? If so they were very quiet about it... 

You had him written off and into the under 20's.

Why does going back a year ago amuse you?

It's when you posted your most damning criticism of Baird.

Did you hope we'd forget about the search facility that takes a couple of minutes to show up your glaring inconsistencies on this matter?

6 minutes ago, munoz said:

That was a massive 3pts last night. Really pleasing to see the Aberdeen result had no negative impact.

Indeed, always a test and we came through it with flying colours.

Also, first victory through in Dunfermline for about 17 years, just gets better and better.

Oh, did I mention I had us on the coupon? :rolleyes:

It's amazing how some people can't just enjoy things and feel the need to (inaccurately) point out other peoples comments. If anything is clear on here it's that no one is allowed to say a single thing against Lord Bairdy without getting hounded. [emoji38]
Self-delusion!

Big Jack has looked a wee bit nervy at the back tonight, so hopefully he just keeps it simple,

I couldn't make it last night but I remember reading this and thinking it was not consistent with other match reports.

Was this the case and he managed to overcome the nerves, or was the OP seeing things differently from everyone else?

What a result! I'd have given Baird MotM (he was immense again) but McGinn was also superb no real complaints on that one. Special mention goes to Cammy Smith as well.

How good will it be listening to open all mikes as we all go about our normal weekend business with no pressure on us and United in full panic mode?

Oh the irony; if that Greenock mob are the ones seen to put the final nail in the coffin of the United title push! [emoji3]

1 minute ago, BuddieinEK said:

I couldn't make it last night but I remember reading this and thinking it was not consistent with other match reports.

Was this the case and he managed to overcome the nerves, or was the OP seeing things differently from everyone else?

,Jack was immense from start to finish. Did he make a couple of errors? Yes. But he got "back on the horse" and didn't let it affect him. He grew into the game and was. quite rightly, MotM for many.

12 minutes ago, FTOF said:

You had him written off and into the under 20's.

Why does going back a year ago amuse you?

It's when you posted your most damning criticism of Baird.

Did you hope we'd forget about the search facility that takes a couple of minutes to show up your glaring inconsistencies on this matter?

So if Davis and Mac had stayed fit and kept their last season form they showed when playing together do you think JB would of played as much? It's a completely fair comment :lol:

My damning criticism of Baird was when he was making a lot of mistakes and costing us games. You say it like he's the only player I was frustrated with. I suppose again Lord Baird is untouchable for some. 

Zero inconsistencies. 

10 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

He was nervous at the back, booting the ball out again under little pressure. But the OP should be ashamed for being even a tiny bit critical of Lord Bairdy hahaha! 

His nervousness at the back is easily forgiven though because he was outstanding for the most part. Greatly taken goal and some very important tackles, also charged forward a lot more which is great to see. If he sorts out his composure at the back he'll be even more of an asset for the title run in. 

So if Davis and Mac had stayed fit and kept their last season form they showed when playing together do you think JB would of played as much? It's a completely fair comment [emoji38]
My damning criticism of Baird was when he was making a lot of mistakes and costing us games. You say it like he's the only player I was frustrated with. I suppose again Lord Baird is untouchable for some. 
Zero inconsistencies. 
He was the only player you singled out for repeated criticism and refused to even give a chance.
You wanted rid if him.
Most others didn't.
Do you still wish we had got rid of him?

People only bring this up because of the incessant abuse you gave the lad... YOU were the catalyst for your own abuse, nobody else.

27 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Seems to me the point FTOF was making(not trying to make) is that you said " I know it's a bit of a hot topic but in my opinion he hasn't done enough for a new deal."  If you had had your way he would no longer be a St Mirren player.

He was nervous at the back, booting the ball out again under little pressure. But the OP should be ashamed for being even a tiny bit critical of Lord Bairdy hahaha! 
His nervousness at the back is easily forgiven though because he was outstanding for the most part. Greatly taken goal and some very important tackles, also charged forward a lot more which is great to see. If he sorts out his composure at the back he'll be even more of an asset for the title run in. 
Your petty "Lord Bairdy" references only show up your own inability to accept that you were wrong.

For the sake of good mental health, let it go!

3 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

He was the only player you singled out for repeated criticism and refused to even give a chance.
You wanted rid if him.
Most others didn't.
Do you still wish we had got rid of him?

People only bring this up because of the incessant abuse you gave the lad... YOU were the catalyst for your own abuse, nobody else.

No he wasn't, he was the only one that for some reason stuck in peoples mind. Not sure why. 

I don't think this season has been kind to us in the CB position with injuries, hindsight is a wonderful thing but if I knew Davis would take two months longer than thought to get fit (quote was fit by end of August) and Mac would get another bad injury then I would of been fine with us giving JB the contract as we did.

I gave zero 'abuse' Don't be a snowflake 

No he wasn't, he was the only one that for some reason stuck in peoples mind. Not sure why. 
I don't think this season has been kind to us in the CB position with injuries, hindsight is a wonderful thing but if I knew Davis would take two months longer than thought to get fit (quote was fit by end of August) and Mac would get another bad injury then I would of been fine with us giving JB the contract as we did.
I gave zero 'abuse' Don't be a snowflake 
More name-calling. How mature!

Yes he WAS the ONLY player you singled out for REPEATED criticism and abuse.

Others, self included, were critical of some of his performances but were willing to make allowances because

a... The whole team was struggling at that time.

b... he was still very much learning his trade under Jack Ross.

c... we could see the desire and potential.

You were never prepared to even give him a chance and yes... You singled him out for over the top criticism.

Congratulations, by the way.

A celebration thread turned into your side-show yet again.

Nice work.

Let’s just enjoy the rollercoaster ride that is St Mirren FC - last night to a man we fought like f#ck and the bond between players and the fans is best it has ever been. Don’t underestimate the part fans are playing in our “revival” - constant backing throughout the game is having an effect.  Good thing is the drum is drowning out any numpties as well !

Lot of brilliant performances last night but thought McGinn was outstanding. I’d also keep Kyle in there alongside him which is a bit hard on McShane but we looked a lot stronger following that change. What a calendar year we have had as a club and hopefully we can keep on this winning run till the end of the season. Most of us would have settled for a play off place so where we are now is unbelievable.

Enjoy fellow Buds 

COYS !

Jack got selection spot on to earn a wonderfully ground out win and bust another hoodoo against what was archaic, one dimensional tactics. One thing that stood out like a sore thumb is the importance of McGinn. He us the one man we really couldn't do without. Cranking it up to 110 for Utd now, lets see how they react with us having three out of four at home before the big clash at Tannadice. Bring it on.