Dunfermline v Saints. (Friday 26/01/18)?

Geordie Saint

54 minutes ago, smcc said:

Seems to me the point FTOF was making(not trying to make) is that you said " I know it's a bit of a hot topic but in my opinion he hasn't done enough for a new deal."  If you had had your way he would no longer be a St Mirren player.

Yep that was my opinion last season, clarified it in another post. I didn't have a crystal ball about the Mac and Davis injuries. 

10 hours ago, insaintee said:

sure knock  yourself out

The individual you are refering to , seems to think because he has a massive amount of posts that he , somehow has control over this wee , daft football Forum and becomes abusive towards those , that have an opinion differing from his own . The whole idea of a forum is the exchange of viewpoints , not to chuck all the toys out out of the pram because someone has a viewpoint differing  . .

I know for a fact that , a couple of years ago there was a particular poster pushing disgusting abuse at him, which he obviously was upset by , and whilst I would never condone that kind of behaviour , in his particular case I would no longer condemn the other individual either . .

37 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

More name-calling. How mature! - Snowflake! Is that name calling hurting your feelings? - No wonder you refer to my comments as abuse :lol:

Yes he WAS the ONLY player you singled out for REPEATED criticism and abuse. - Wrong

Others, self included, were critical of some of his performances but were willing to make allowances because - Wrong 

a... The whole team was struggling at that time. - Correct and that reflected in my comments 

b... he was still very much learning his trade under Jack Ross. - Agreed, still youth did not justify some of his performances or mistakes (Same for other players) 

c... we could see the desire and potential. - Good for you, doesn't mean I need to agree with it

You were never prepared to even give him a chance and yes... You singled him out for over the top criticism. - Wrong and wrong 

Congratulations, by the way.

A celebration thread turned into your side-show yet again. - I wasn't the one that felt the need to bring up the past. Some fans seem to get off on trying to get other fans (incorrectly) to admit they were wrong. 

Nice work.

Great result last night. Wasn't plain sailing by any means. Scored one magnificent goal and one good one but we were under pressure for parts of the game. Great to see us stand firm. Particular credit to Stephen McGinn and Jack Baird but, really, the whole team did so well.

Credit to the drum and choir. They created a fantastic atmosphere for the travelling fans.

Up to a point I can understand the disagreements on here about Jack Baird. He might have given away an early penalty last night before coming on to an excellent game. From where I was sitting, looked like he was caught out by McManus who got in front of him and he then wrapped his arms around him. However, my view of the lad is that the positives far outweigh the negatives. Perhaps a little mention for Harry Davis. Seems to me that Jack has settled very well since being partnered with him.

United must be really worried now. I'm sure they realise just how difficult it will be to get promoted via the playoffs. They really need to win the league to go up and it doesn't look like they're going to do it.

Unusual thing for a Buddy to say but, at Tannadice today.....Come on the 'Ton!

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Indeed, always a test and we came through it with flying colours.

Also, first victory through in Dunfermline for about 17 years, just gets better and better.

Oh, did I mention I had us on the coupon? :rolleyes:

Nice one! I’ll join your club. £20 on us to win and both teams to score returned £110. Pleasing.

And you know you’re confident when you don’t take a £97 cash out offer on a £110 pay out with 5 minutes plus injury time to go! 

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

So if Davis and Mac had stayed fit and kept their last season form they showed when playing together do you think JB would of played as much? It's a completely fair comment :lol:

My damning criticism of Baird was when he was making a lot of mistakes and costing us games. You say it like he's the only player I was frustrated with. I suppose again Lord Baird is untouchable for some. 

Zero inconsistencies. 

Stop.

Now.

23 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Go fish elsewhere.
I'd rather celebrate our win than continue to give you a platform!

In what way shape or form am I fishing? Members on here went out their way to bring up old posts. Zero of which are relevant to this season and zero of which have been an issue with me saying things that are wrong.  

I’m with you that we should be concentrating on the team but some posters obviously get off on (inaccurately again) saying ‘I told you so’ 

Not read through this thread but see a debates ongoing about Baird. 

Baird was fantastic last night, man of the match and did almost everything right., even if you exclude the goal. His detractors are clutching at straws and preconceptions at this point. 

Kyle Magennis was also phenomenal. He ran Baird close and was surprised the also excellent Stevie McGinn got the nod for MotM ahead of him. 

We're exceptionally lucky that we have a central midfield who are all comfortable with taking the ball in close quarters and moving it on to other Saints players. That ability of rarely losing the ball in the middle of the park is a massive trait to have in a successful team and all of our central mids are very good at retaining possession and winning those 50 50s.

Edited by djchapsticks

In what way shape or form am I fishing? Members on here went out their way to bring up old posts. Zero of which are relevant to this season and zero of which have been an issue with me saying things that are wrong.  

I’m with you that we should be concentrating on the team but some posters obviously get off on (inaccurately again) saying ‘I told you so’ 

Last reply from me... Feel free to have the last word afterwords as it seems important to you, but I'm out.

It IS relevant because a player you repeatedly slated and wished were playing elsewhere is a key player in what could very well be a title winning side!

3 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Last reply from me... Feel free to have the last word afterwords as it seems important to you, but I'm out.

It IS relevant because a player you repeatedly slated and wished were playing elsewhere is a key player in what could very well be a title winning side!

Okay I'll have the last word ^^^ Just completely wrong. It's important to me to have the last word when people lie about my posts yes. 

7 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Not read through this thread but see a debates ongoing about Baird. 

Baird was fantastic last night, man of the match and did almost everything right., even if you exclude the goal. His detractors are clutching at straws and preconceptions at this point. 

Kyle Magennis was also phenomenal. He ran Baird close and was surprised the also excellent Stevie McGinn got the nod for MotM ahead of him. 

We're exceptionally lucky that we have a central midfield who are all comfortable with taking the ball in close quarters and moving it on to other Saints players. That ability of rarely losing the ball in the middle of the park is a massive trait to have in a successful team and all of our central mids are very good at retaining possession and winning those 50 50s.

I actually thought Magennis only cane good when he moved inside. Thought he was having a very quiet game on the wing.

But when he did move into the centre I thought he was brilliant. 

Baird has started 22 out of 23 games this season for the team that’s top of the league and lost only 4 games. 

He’s had a fantastic season, some dodgy moments (like every other player), but an amazing season and a few man of the matches in there as well. 

We don’t have a single player who hasn’t made mistakes but for some reason we always pick on the young centre half. 

He’s improving all the time and on current form his place in the starting 11 shouldn’t be questioned. 

Jack Ross seems to be getting the best out of him, not asking him to do things he’s not comfortable with. Let the others play football, pass it about and be creative. 

Previous managers have asked centre halves to play beyond their capabilities, with Jack he’s doing the simple things well and clearing his lines if in doubt. 

Gary Mac is rightly stuck sitting it out on the bench just now and only an injury or suspension will see him get back in temporarily. 

Edited by davidg

Just now, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I actually thought Magennis only cane good when he moved inside. Thought he was having a very quiet game on the wing.

But when he did move into the centre I thought he was brilliant. 

Agree thought he was a bit ineffective until he moved inside. Good to have options now though!

3 minutes ago, davidg said:

Baird has started 22 out of 23 games this season for the team that’s top of the league and lost only 4 games. 

He’s had a fantastic season, some dodgy moments (like every other player), but an amazing season and a few man of the matches in there as well. 

We don’t have a single player who hasn’t made mistakes but for some reason we always pick on the young centre half. 

He’s improving all the time and on current form his place in the starting 11 shouldn’t be questioned. 

Jack Ross seems to be getting the best out of him, not asking him to do things he’s not comfortable with. Let the others play football, pass it about and be creative. 

Previous managers have asked centre halves to play beyond their capabilities, with Jack he’s doing the simple things well and clearing his lines if in doubt. 

Gary Mac is rightly stuck sitting it out on the bench just now and only an injury or suspension will see him get back in temporarily. 

Agreed, not in any doubt he's improved and worth his space in a very good team. 

Chris Sutton. I quite like him. I know he’s prone to being controversial for the sake of being controversial, but he talks a lot of sense and isn’t afraid to call things out.

However, I thought he was guilty of typical lazy punditry last night when asked if our current team was good enough to compete in the Premiership. It’s fine to have an opinion on that and it’s fine to think that we’d need to beef up our squad a bit, but he lazily held out the Aberdeen game as some sort of evidence that we aren’t good enough at the moment to make the step up. What utter nonsense. Not only are Aberdeen one of the best teams in the top league, but we were utter mince that day and our ability to compete in the Premiership cannot be judged on that performance.

We lost 4-1 to Morton earlier in the season. Does that mean we’re not good enough to compete in the Championship??

48 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

There are a few who most certainly do. It's their only reason to being on the Forum. 

It's all oneupmanship for the trumpets. 

Skim them Baz and free yourself. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Optimistic said:

To try and change the subject...:whistle

Morgans bit of skill in the 84th minute is sublime.

The type of player you gladly pay money to watch. :clapping

But not too much. 

Hopefully he does it at St Mirren Park again, so my Season Ticket covers the cost. 

I would pay a Tenner for an away match but for the whole Team not just Lewis.