Dunfermline v Saints. (Friday 26/01/18)?

Geordie Saint

I was just stating it should be less than £10 admission fee for a Match that is on free Telly.

And it was up to Dunfermline.

Fans could sortit.

Although nothing will change if fans are going to sell out Dumbarton's Away End when the prices are TWENTY TWO QUID.

This game will be my first one missed of the season ( Raith game dosn't count) , and given the hassle there was the last game at East End park trying to get in , I'm not that fussed. Hopefully this time Dunfermline are up to speed and will be able to cater for a large support.

2 hours ago, munoz said:

This game will be my first one missed of the season ( Raith game dosn't count) , and given the hassle there was the last game at East End park trying to get in , I'm not that fussed. Hopefully this time Dunfermline are up to speed and will be able to cater for a large support.

After the last fiasco they will have every turnstyle open and loads of hot food only for 400 Saints fans turn up as its live on TV.  They reap what they sow. 

We had to eat humble pie today... Dunfermline did that to us at East End Park last time too.

But Jack will work and plan for that winning mentality and better teamwork all round - defensively, middle of the park and up front. (Though we did create some chances today - more required to shut up the home fans)

Eckers could be back in if deemed fit enough (match fitness still to come though) but freshness in the team is required..

Hopefully our game plan won't be the same after Dunfermline being able to see our weaknesses of today...

Focus - 3 points win the league, do the homework and get the right players in for next season...

Enjoy your curry shull.

I have my ticket  plus one for one of my sons and my grandson. 

Nothing like league business to concentrate the mind.

Easy?  No. Doable? Yes.

Will be interesting to see both the starting 11 and tactics. Games between the teams have been entertaining. 

Hope we bring back 3 points. 

43 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Tough game we will need to defend better than we did on Sat and the last time we played there. Going forward were great. But our defending from midfield to back is poor against decent teams. But a win for us 2.1 Coys.

TBF, they don't have anywhere near the quality of strikers Dons have.  Agree  that when teams push at us we struggle....... and also need Ecks back

1 hour ago, santaponsasaint said:
1 hour ago, DougJamie said:
TBF, they don't have anywhere near the quality of strikers Dons have.  Agree  that when teams push at us we struggle....... and also need Ecks back

They beat by 3 goal as did Aberdeen. Eckersley played and was sent off. so what you said makes the last result v The Pars worse.

Hence Hill no brainer also expect Stellios to be droppd. 

9 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:
26 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:
Hence Hill no brainer also expect Stellios to be droppd. 

Think he could be. But apart from the 2 blunders. He played alright he never got done by there wide men anymore than Liam Smith. But it will go down as a bad game from him. But I love him going forward he's a threat.

I like Stellios and agree he is an asset going forward great composure as the build up to the goal proved. Just feel we need to move things around to fit Hill into a starting line up I know hill is not a left back or wing back. Buchanan is the only swap I can see feel we need a ball winner in midfield will be interesting to see what team Jack puts out. 

18 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I like Stellios and agree he is an asset going forward great composure as the build up to the goal proved. Just feel we need to move things around to fit Hill into a starting line up I know hill is not a left back or wing back. Buchanan is the only swap I can see feel we need a ball winner in midfield will be interesting to see what team Jack puts out. 

He signed for Livingston over a week ago :rolleyes:

Think he could be. But apart from the 2 blunders. He played alright he never got done by there wide men anymore than Liam Smith. But it will go down as a bad game from him. But I love him going forward he's a threat.
Stelios distribution was honking on Saturday there was definitely more than just the two mistakes.

I got the fear everytime the ball went near him.

Normally you can rely on him to not waste a ball as he lifts his head and can either cross it or use trickery to get by the defender but not on Saturday. Liam Smith wasnt great either but not as noticeable as Stelios.

" Its a funny old game Saint!"

"aye your no wrong Greavsie"

the continued call to drop Stelios, and the implication he was the sole reason we were horsed is probably music to the ears of Morgan , Mc Shane, McGinn & Davies etc who didn't show up at Pittodrie. Boy are they being let off the hook with the "its only one players fault" mentality.

i guess following that logic, then the last time we were away to Pars when Eckersley got torn a new one, and stupidly sent off, then theres surely no way Ross would consider putting the same guy who isnt even match fit back into the same scenario..? Uh oh, but hang on he s being lauded as the "Saviour" of full backs St Eck..!

if Ross is the man manager his players, colleagues and contemporaries say he is, I would expect him to have/had a conversation with Stelios to determine if the player believes he is good to go against the Pars, and understood how/why he should have done it differently against Aberdeen. Then if Ross felt that was clearly received, and trusted his man I would expect him to start against the pars.

if he doesn't start on Friday, then will the same logic be applied to the players who were so poor and ineffective they had to be hooked?

8 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

" Its a funny old game Saint!"

"aye your no wrong Greavsie"

the continued call to drop Stelios, and the implication he was the sole reason we were horsed is probably music to the ears of Morgan , Mc Shane, McGinn & Davies etc who didn't show up at Pittodrie. Boy are they being let off the hook with the "its only one players fault" mentality.

i guess following that logic, then the last time we were away to Pars when Eckersley got torn a new one, and stupidly sent off, then theres surely no way Ross would consider putting the same guy who isnt even match fit back into the same scenario..? Uh oh, but hang on he s being lauded as the "Saviour" of full backs St Eck..!

if Ross is the man manager his players, colleagues and contemporaries say he is, I would expect him to have/had a conversation with Stelios to determine if the player believes he is good to go against the Pars, and understood how/why he should have done it differently against Aberdeen. Then if Ross felt that was clearly received, and trusted his man I would expect him to start against the pars.

if he doesn't start on Friday, then will the same logic be applied to the players who were so poor and ineffective they had to be hooked?

Thought we played quite well in the first half 2 errors was our only down fall. To go in at half time 3-1 down must have had a big effect on the team game lost. Second half was damage limitation in my opinion. To be honest I was hoping we were going to play high tempo from the word go unfortunately that did not happen. Let' see what Friday brings the players clearly will need lifted off the floor.