Billy O’Brien

DWBud

Absolutely tragic. Saw on Twitter earlier though that Billy has requested that this doesn't hit social media (happened 5 month ago) and he's clearly upset and surprised that it all went a bit mad on Twitter and FB a few hours ago. Not your fault but might be best to delete this Bud.

Absolutely tragic. Saw on Twitter earlier though that Billy has requested that this doesn't hit social media (happened 5 month ago) and he's clearly upset and surprised that it all went a bit mad on Twitter and FB a few hours ago. Not your fault but might be best to delete this Bud.

If that is the case, why has he given an interview to the excuse of a rag?

It is a heartbreaking story. He must be devastated.

I hate the Sun and to those saying boycott it I ask why the hell would you purchase it in the first place?

Even Striker lost its mojo!

But in this instance, if Billy has consented to an interview, can the rag be criticised for publishing it?

3 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

I hate the Sun and to those saying boycott it I ask why the hell would you purchase it in the first place?

But in this instance, if Billy has consented to an interview, can the rag be criticised for publishing it?

Did he give an interview?

Looks like quotes from statements giving at the fatal accident enquiry at Stockport Court? 

It’s terribly sad news, heart goes out to everyone close to them. 

Awful that this has hit the news against the wishes of Billy and this tragic young woman's family. 

People deserve a right to privacy with situations like this. 

The Sun's headline basically trivialises what is a terrible tragedy as leaving this poor woman 'embarrassed'. In reality it's disgraceful journalism to the point where someone has already suggested banning this gutter press from the ground altogether. 

I've not bought the Record or the Sun, or by extension of the relationship with the Record, the Paisley Express in about 5 or 6 years now as a result of their shoddy journalistic practices. 

Screenshot_2017-12-09-07-50-45.thumb.png.59cb2b06ccc5c93c020fee79773332c0.png

Edited by djchapsticks

17 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Awful that this has hit the news against the wishes of Billy and this tragic young woman's family. 

The Sun's headline basically trivialises what is a terrible tragedy as leaving this poor woman 'embarrassed'. In reality it's disgraceful journalism to the point where someone has already suggested banning this gutter press from the ground altogether. 

I've not bought the Record or the Sun, or by extension of the relationship with the Record, the Paisley Express in about 5 or 6 years now as a result of their shoddy journalistic practices. 

Disgraceful headline which I see they’ve now deleted. 

He didn’t give an interview. The media have taken quotes from the enquiry and posted it as if he’s given an interview. Shady as f**k. The S*n headline was genuinely horrific. He’s such a nice lad as well. 

The family have set up a just giving page in her memory if anyone fancies donating. 

https://www.justgiving.com/remember/478925/Faye-Howard

Might be a nice touch 

He didn’t give an interview. The media have taken quotes from the enquiry and posted it as if he’s given an interview. Shady as f**k. The S*n headline was genuinely horrific. He’s such a nice lad as well. 
The family have set up a just giving page in her memory if anyone fancies donating. 
https://www.justgiving.com/remember/478925/Faye-Howard
Might be a nice touch 

Thanks for clearing that up.

The headline was horrific and insensitive.

The whole article was written to mislead people into believing it was an interview.

That is unforgivable!

13 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Do not buy the Sun and will now never click on the website. Disgraceful. The use of the word WAG is unforgivable  in the circumstances even if you think  the story is  newsworthy.

Edited by Mr Optimistic

9 minutes ago, Mr Optimistic said:

Do not buy the Sun and will now never click on the website. Disgraceful. The use of the word WAG is unforgivable  in the circumstances even if you think  the story is  newsworthy.

I'm shocked the Sun still survives.

It's trash, has been almost forever, and along with the Record, they appeal to a nasty side of human nature. 

The Sun is a quite despicable excuse for a news paper and is one publication that I would never waste a penny on.

The fact that an editor has given the green light to that disgraceful headline and then the tweet before taking it down with no apology, says it all for me.  How must Billy and the poor young girls family be feeling after seeing this.

One dreadful story out of many many thousands of Scottish Sun stories.

And the critics want to shut down, boycott and ban the Company,

Why ?

None of you read it anyway and haven't for years and don't even wipe your arse with it.

I read it for Football and Leckie on a Monday and Cowan on a Friday & Saturday.

7 minutes ago, shull said:

Why ?

None of you read it anyway and haven't for years and don't even wipe your arse with it.

In the interest of balance, ALL of the "stories" :lol: in the Sun are fcuked up nonsense.

Hope you enjoy Leckie and Cowan, they have no morals working for that scum rag. :byebye

PS I do miss Dear Deirdre. :o

Edited by faraway saint

4 minutes ago, shull said:

Why ?

You answered your own question with your first sentence. 

The paper is a rag, not fit for wiping your arse. Anyone who buys that rag contributes to their finances and by doing so in effect condones the paper and its content  and ensures more of the same.

8 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

In the interest of balance, ALL of the "stories" :lol: in the Sun are fcuked up nonsense.

Hope you enjoy Leckie and Cowan, they have no morals working for that scum rag. :byebye

PS I do miss Dear Deirdre. :o

I miss Joan Burnie from The Record.

She always got steamed into Celtic & Deid As A Dodo FC ( 1873 - 2012 )

Whit a babe.

14 hours ago, davidg said:
18 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Did he give an interview?

Looks like quotes from statements giving at the fatal accident enquiry at Stockport Court? 

It’s terribly sad news, heart goes out to everyone close to them. 

Only someone not very bright (luckily I have him on ignore) or who did not read the story properly woulld realise the story and quotes came from a hearing. Does not excuse the Suns original headline though.

Edited by Mr Optimistic

6 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

You answered your own question with your first sentence. 

The paper is a rag, not fit for wiping your arse. Anyone who buys that rag contributes to their finances and by doing so in effect condones the paper and its content  and ensures more of the same.

Happily paid Cowan's wages this morning and what a hoot. Made me laugh.

Been reading Leckie's Columns for years.

Brilliant , makes me laugh & cry.

When he is writing about St Mirren , he is absolutely fabulous.

Especially after triumphs like the Millenium Title, St Mirren's Day, etc.

A talent to skim is ideal when reading any newspaper.

I do a lot of skimming in various newspapers but I stop and read items which interest me and which I enjoy, like Leckie & Cowan in the Scottish Sun.

2 minutes ago, shull said:

Happily paid Cowan's wages this morning and what a hoot. Made me laugh.

Been reading Leckie's Columns for years.

Brilliant , makes me laugh & cry.

When he is writing about St Mirren , he is absolutely fabulous.

Especially after triumphs like the Millenium Title, St Mirren's Day, etc.

Would never read a free copy let alone buy that rag. 

JusticeFor96