Billy O’Brien

DWBud

56 minutes ago, shull said:

A talent to skim is ideal when reading any newspaper.

I do a lot of skimming in various newspapers but I stop and read items which interest me and which I enjoy, like Leckie & Cowan in the Scottish Sun.

Skimming is fine on a website. 

To skim while reading a newspaper means you have had to have bought that newspaper in the first place . 

You know what , if you want to buy that rag , you go ahead . Your money , your decision .  I try ( not always possible but i try ) to avoid putting any money in Mr Murdoch pockets . I choose not to support his vile , lowest common denominator style of journalism. If you do , thats fine. Live & let live and all that !

1 hour ago, shull said:

Come on everybody .......

NAME ALL NEWSPAPERS YOU ALL PURCHASED AND DEVOURED IN FLOODS OF TEARS  AFTER THE .......

1987 & 2013 CUP FINALS 

Quick as you can and please be honest.

1987 : Without going up into the loft i cant name them but theres a very decent chance the Sun is among those i bought . However , that was 30 years ago. Things change, do you still do the same things you did 30 years ago ? live life by the same 80s standards and ethos ?  I do hope not.

As for 2013 .  Buy the Sun ... you are Joking !!   By then the world had witnessed the Suns behaviour over Hillsborough & News internationals shocking  conduct with the Milly dowler situation among other things and most right minded people had decided this organisation and its senior managemnt were Scum .

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

1 hour ago, shull said:

And the critics want to shut down, boycott and ban the Company,

Why ?

None of you read it anyway and haven't for years and don't even wipe your arse with it.

Because they continue, almost unchecked, to go about their shoddy and shady journalistic practices.

You genuinely can't see how an article like this is both devastating in it's wording and isn't actually in the public interest?  Other than the fact that the poor girl's partner was a footballer, why would this tragic event be considered not only newsworthy but almost mocking in it's headline?  

That none of us buy it or read it, doesn't mean that we should find it acceptable because it really, really isn't. 

5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Because they continue, almost unchecked, to go about their shoddy and shady journalistic practices.

You genuinely can't see how an article like this is both devastating in it's wording and isn't actually in the public interest?  Other than the fact that the poor girl's partner was a footballer, why would this tragic event be considered not only newsworthy but almost mocking in it's headline?  

That none of us buy it or read it, doesn't mean that we should find it acceptable because it really, really isn't. 

Drama Queen has arrived.

21 minutes ago, shull said:

Drama Queen has arrived.

You asked the question 'Why?' so I've given you a full and measured reason and you've replied with your typical halfwit response.

I mean seriously, check the state of you, 8 responses on this one page alone and yet you're still screaming for attention. 

Incidentally, what is 'drama queen' about stating that a company or organisation have no ethics and that's why people would like them boycotted?

Edited by djchapsticks

• 7 months later...
10 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Where to start? The Herald hasn't been a broadsheet for years, in fact the only daily broadsheets are the FT and Torygraph.

And what aren't newspapers?

Well thank you for that. Which are not news papers that's your personal choice my good friend like it is mine. 

Disgraceful headline by the Sun thank goodness there is a Herald for me at least broad sheets are not news papers. 

Where to start? The Herald hasn't been a broadsheet for years, in fact the only daily broadsheets are the FT and Torygraph.

And what aren't newspapers?

Not sure it qualifies as a newspaper these days, but the Herald's still a broadsheet.