St Mirren V Dunfermline 16 December

St.Ricky

Just watched Dunfermline v QOS Queens looked outstanding when they scored the second goal you could hear Dunfermline fans booing. Given the way we lost at Dunfermline I would like to see us play a fast attacking game there confidence is very low and will not take much for them to collapse. But football is a funny old game it could be the game to lift them , hope not.

30 minutes ago, elvis said:

I think there score yesterday almost garenteed this will be a very difficult game now if it wasn't going to be hard enough could this now be 2 in a row. 

Us winning two in a row? Dung losing two in a row? Or at your most optimistic, Dung beating us a second time this season?  I have faith that we will get something from the game. 

Predicting scores is notoriously difficult. Predicting St. Mirren scores is even harder.

I don't think we have been on it nearly as much as we could have been for weeks. Players are back but we have not been hungry enough, clinical enough or slick enough.

This may continue - OR this could be the game that things click together and show that we do not lack belief.

IT is a hard month ahead - we need to gain, rather than lose ground, and we need to play like we want it more than anyone else in this league..

Here's hoping - St. Mirren   4    v    2 Dunfermline        Goals by Smith, Magenis, Davis and Sutton (or Stewart - whoever gets some game time)

5 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Dunfermline cant defend but they can attack,  we are just learning how to defend, with Cammy back we can attack again....

4-3 ................................ Be a cracker......... we win this forget Pars  

I like this post and hope it comes true.

We've been a bit off our game recently, despite the result against Brechin. Fortunately the Pars seem to be even further off form, so we might feel quite optimistic going into this game. Trouble is, teams in this league all seem capable of producing a good performance when it's least expected. Queen of the South had been pretty average until Saturday, when they suddenly produced a great game.

I just hope that Dunfermline doesn't choose this Saturday to find some form. In any case, I'm hopeful about our chances, despite our defeat at East End park. The Pars seem to prefer attacking and letting the other team play as well, instead of sitting in and closing everything down.

We're going into a really important spell of games, Pars, Queens, Arabs and Morton. 9 points from 12 would be very satisfactory. So...........................COYS!!  

Edited by pondsman

10 hours ago, well st bud said:

Yea div said something like that last week but they would have to catch you to do anything.

Is it worth losing your equipment or getting a fine ? If it continues someone will be made an example of to stop it personally I would heed the warning. 

1 hour ago, pondsman said:

We've been a bit off our game recently, despite the result against Brechin. Fortunately the Pars seem to be even further off form, so we might feel quite optimistic going into this game. Trouble is, teams in this league all seem capable of producing a good performance when it's least expected. Queen of the South had been pretty average until Saturday, when they suddenly produced a great game.

I just hope that Dunfermline doesn't choose this Saturday to find some form. In any case, I'm hopeful about our chances, despite our defeat at East End park. The Pars seem to prefer attacking and letting the other team play as well, instead of sitting in and closing everything down.

We're going into a really important spell of games, Pars, Queens, Arabs and Morton. 9 points from 12 would be very satisfactory. So...........................COYS!!  

We have won 3 out of our last 5 games, you could argue apart from 45 mins v Livi none of it has been pretty, this is the time to graft out results, as we did at Caley and Brechin..... I feel this match will be very different as Pars attack and we will have more space for our creative players, on the down side we really need our defence to be more decisive.

United away at in form Queens, then Livi then us....... Lets see if they truly are the real deal. But I feel this will go the wire. Confident we will get a play off place now though

Although Dunfermline have slipped to fifth I still reckon they're most likely to finish in a play-off spot. Would love to win this to keep the daylight between ourselves and third spot.

COYS - let's do it!

PS - Anyone know if Gary MacKenzie is now available for selection?

Edited by Bud the Baker