St Mirren V Dunfermline 16 December

St.Ricky

9 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Interesting point.

I'm sure lots of "kids" grow out of the Panda Club as it stands, maybe some intermediate Club could be formed to attract/keep the older kids? 

W7 

They should be in the South Stand 

Those in the Panda Club and the older weans would be delighted to join up with the W7 dudes. 

Better acoustics in the Family Stand. 

Can't hear anything bar distant drum from the West Stand. 

Can't believe we are top of the league and all every seems to care about is yesterday's crowd? I was one of the people who didn't go yesterday but thought 1 week before Christmas 3600 is pretty good( & remember we are never really honest with crowd figures as anyone that's been at really busy games knows) so crowd was probably more the 4000 mark.

43 minutes ago, billyg said:

No mention of Harry Davis , the best player in the division , and the reason we're conceding less goals now ?

He's a good player, but the only reason I left him out is because he's just come back into the team. He's only played a handful of league games for us. Hopefully he stays fit and we get to see him and McKenzie together for an extended period after Christmas.

5 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Unfortunately it would also cut our revenue to the stage where we'd be out of business in a year.

You'd need to guarantee around 7000 people at every home game to offset halving prices, which definitely won't happen. 

Correct mate. Everyone was thinking the same thing I am sure, though he is most likely on ignore with most users for him to receive a bigger response. I'm glad he is not in charge of finances at the club or running it in general. We would have went to the wall by now. 

Edited by kevo_smfc

40 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Can't believe we are top of the league and all every seems to care about is yesterday's crowd? I was one of the people who didn't go yesterday but thought 1 week before Christmas 3600 is pretty good( & remember we are never really honest with crowd figures as anyone that's been at really busy games knows) so crowd was probably more the 4000 mark.

I know at least a handful of season ticket holders who couldn't make it yesterday due to other commitments. 

1 minute ago, kevo_smfc said:

Correct mate. Everything was thinking the same thing I am sure, though he is most likely on ignore with most users for a bigger response. I'm glad he is not in charge of finances at the club or running it in general. We would have went to the wall by now. 

We'd have the best junior ground in the country. :wink:

13 hours ago, shull said:

TEN POUNDS OR LESS ADMISSION FEE AND WE MAY GET BETWEEN 4000 and 6000 MOST HOME MATCHES.

BUT NOT AT TWENTY FECKING POUNDS.

Aye, right! 

Just you take the lead Shull, and demonstrate your economic miracle cure.

Halve your prices for fares and tell us when you go out of business, or manage to double your number of fares. We all know which will be first!

Time to give it a rest, don't you think - either that or put your number on here so all the travel needy buddies on here can use your half price service.

1 minute ago, sally02 said:

Aye, right! 

Just you take the lead Shull, and demonstrate your economic miracle cure.

Halve your prices for fares and tell us when you go out of business, or manage to double your number of fares. We all know which will be first!

Time to give it a rest, don't you think - either that or put your number on here so all the travel needy buddies on here can use your half price service.

He'll need an ambulance reading this idea. :lol:

2 hours ago, Mr Zo said:

It's all about winning games and getting out of this league.

I felt we were the better team in the first with Morgan really in the mood. Can't believe Reilly missed with the lob and thought their keeper was lucky to stay on when he took out Reilly. I assume the centre half and covered round behind the goalkeeper and the referee possibly felt he could have prevented a goal but would have to see again.

We just didn't play in the second half after a bright first 5-10 minutes. Their penalty didn't look like a penalty and think referee eventually got it right.

One of my bug bears this season is the slightly disappointing crowds at St Mirren Park. Only 3,600 yesterday with a very poor 350 from Dunfermline. There were 5,700 at East End Park back in September. Falkirk and Dunfermline are regularly getting bigger crowd than us this season especially with Falkirk being so bad.

This could be a title winning season and would really hope to see over 4,000 in the home end for each game. I have a feeling we will only get really big crowds in the last 2 or 3 home games of the season. I have no real idea how they get the crowds up but possibly drop prices for Inverness game to say £5 for adults as a thank you to the support and get people back in through the door. There is a possibility we could be heading into January 6 or 7 points ahead of United if results go our way. This could be a memorable season you want to tap into the feel good factor and get St Mirren Park as full as possible.

Alternatively something like season ticket holders can bring a friend for a tenner or something with kids going free.

This is a good time to be a buddie.

My son was at the panda club for the first time and absolutely loved. Would recommend it to anyone with a youngster.

Top of the league without really playing to our best so what is not to like. This team will get better and we will strengthen in January so all positive stuff fellow buds.

My MOM was big Jack Baird. He was immense again. A real unsung hero within that side and has been our best defender by far this season. Beep up the good work Bairdy!

Good post , low gates is disappointing however we were bringing 4,000 odds not so long ago I'm sure it's more to do to  1/ expensive day out for many 2/ People at this time of they year spend way more than expected also out doing the dreaded shopping for presents.  

It's all about winning games and getting out of this league.

I felt we were the better team in the first with Morgan really in the mood. Can't believe Reilly missed with the lob and thought their keeper was lucky to stay on when he took out Reilly. I assume the centre half and covered round behind the goalkeeper and the referee possibly felt he could have prevented a goal but would have to see again.

We just didn't play in the second half after a bright first 5-10 minutes. Their penalty didn't look like a penalty and think referee eventually got it right.

One of my bug bears this season is the slightly disappointing crowds at St Mirren Park. Only 3,600 yesterday with a very poor 350 from Dunfermline. There were 5,700 at East End Park back in September. Falkirk and Dunfermline are regularly getting bigger crowd than us this season especially with Falkirk being so bad.

This could be a title winning season and would really hope to see over 4,000 in the home end for each game. I have a feeling we will only get really big crowds in the last 2 or 3 home games of the season. I have no real idea how they get the crowds up but possibly drop prices for Inverness game to say £5 for adults as a thank you to the support and get people back in through the door. There is a possibility we could be heading into January 6 or 7 points ahead of United if results go our way. This could be a memorable season you want to tap into the feel good factor and get St Mirren Park as full as possible.

Alternatively something like season ticket holders can bring a friend for a tenner or something with kids going free.

This is a good time to be a buddie.

My son was at the panda club for the first time and absolutely loved. Would recommend it to anyone with a youngster.

Top of the league without really playing to our best so what is not to like. This team will get better and we will strengthen in January so all positive stuff fellow buds.

My MOM was big Jack Baird. He was immense again. A real unsung hero within that side and has been our best defender by far this season. Beep up the good work Bairdy!

1800 fans at East End Park were Saints fans

Guest TPAFKATS
Great result today. I think we are nearly there as a team who can go on and win this league now, but January is going to be big for us. We need two or three players to really bring the squad up to the level it needs to be to really take it on and get it won. We've now got at least five players in Samson, Eckersley, McGinn, Morgan and Smith who are better in their position than anyone else in the league, and we have Jack Ross of course, who is a fantastic manager at this level. I reckon we are a winger, a midfield ball winner and  probably another good striker away from a league winning side, and I reckon with a manager of the quality of Ross we can get them.
Gaston is the best keeper in the championship IMO

Guest TPAFKATS
I know at least a handful of season ticket holders who couldn't make it yesterday due to other commitments. 
Aye, three of my mates with ST never made it yesterday. Time of year etc.

Couldn't understand folk leaving early though

1 hour ago, TPAFKATS said:

There was quite a few left early and was also quite a few gathered in the stair wells for a quick getaway.Can only imagine it was folk who were heading to Xmas nights out which are usually an early start.

7 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

That was a hard fought game against a phisical team. Met Billyg at halftime got onto a converstation about a holding midfield player in the mould of Murray , Goodwin type player. The second half proved that is exactly what  we need we were getting over run time and time again was really frustrated with high balls getting pumped up to Gavin who is not a tall lad but is not scared to wrestle defenders but tall defenders are going to win the ball 90% of the time. Sitting in my seat was thinking they are going to get a goal here. Don't want to be too critical because the team worked hard in the second half just that it was too defensive.

Met a first-aider on the train home who was stationed in the north corner of the stadium he told me it was a penalty as it was two footed with studs showing could not tell from where I was sitting but admit to being seriously worried. Anyway happy day's three points and top of the league job done. Next weeks game is a hard one but if we win that it will be a big step forward COYS !

Smith rightly got man of the match.

I sit in the main stand and had a perfect view of the penalty decision and it was a clear dive from the Dunfermiline player, absolutely no contact what so ever and just went down as soon as he saw Eckersley start to slide.

Most of our fans don't pay twenty pounds as they are Season Ticket holders. 

I would guess there would be a lot less than 3600 at Home matches if we all had to pay £20 at the Gate instead of having the ability to purchase a Season Ticket in the Summer. I most certainly wouldn't be attending. 

If all Clubs in say a couple of years went Part Time they would all be able to reduce Admission Prices. 

Using an Inflation Calculator.. 

A £4 Cup Final Ticket from 1987 would be £10.50 in 2017.

So ten pounds or less is ideal for League Matches now. 

The Clubs need to be more imaginative in increasing income. 

They must stop ripping off Fans. 

Edited by shull

Good result yesterday against a team which managed to make life difficult despite their recent loss of form.

Two issues, one of which I've mentioned before.

1. Why so many long balls up to our front players, who are not tall? As well as yesterday's game, this has happened too much recently, noticeably against Livi and Dumbarton, both teams who have big defenders. Against them our ball players have little chance of collecting these high passes. The goal that won the game for us yesterday was the result of a quick passing movement with the ball kept on the ground. More of this, please.

2. I've previously stated my opinion that we need a strong tackler in midfield to break up attacks and give the defence more protection. That's why other teams are starting to create more chances against us. It's good to see that some others on here agree with me on that. Until we get someone like Jim Goodwin in the middle of the park, we'll be living dangerously.

Despite all that, it's great to see us back on top of the league and I trust in our management team to do something about these points.

Tough games coming up v Queen of the South, United and Morton, so.......COYS!!

Edited by pondsman

Guy's I did not say it was a penalty I saw two players go down with the ref blowing and pointing to the penalty spot with dread going through me. The fact a ref changed his mind after discussions with officals the ref changed his mind I can't remember ever seeing a ref change his mind. Jack Ross in his interview comends the ref rightly that was huge. Yes the ref made some errors but to change his mind on a penalty was a brave and right well done the ref.

Just now, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Guy's I did not say it was a penalty I saw two players go down with the ref blowing and pointing to the penalty spot with dread going through me. The fact a ref changed his mind after discussions with officals the I can't remember ever seeing a ref change his mind. Jack Ross in his interview comends the ref rightly that was huge. Yes the ref made some errors but to change his mind on a penalty was a brave and right well done the ref.

4 hours ago, windae cleaner said:

On the crowds front it was fecking freezing yesterday and the thought of sitting on a cold seat for nearly 2 hours would have put people off

A lot left early yesterday saying no more too cold

Combination of temperature and proximity to Xmas - I thought yesterday's crowd was about par. :toilet 

Edited by Bud the Baker

2 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Aye, three of my mates with ST never made it yesterday. Time of year etc.

I went to the toilet as the clock hit 90 mins and was amazed at the amount of fans leaving. Surely if you have managed to watch 90 mins, an other 3 mins shouldn't be a problem since the game was still to be won.